PDA

View Full Version : Store search display updated

ddavison
August 10th, 2021, 04:55
I reworked the display for the store and the art pack subscription pages.

Main Store Search Page

New Responsive layout for each product listing
Screenshots shown on each product
Only ten products shown per page
New sort option to show by popularity (desc)
Screenshots open preview carousel in larger resolution
Publisher Name and Game System text is still clickable to show those filters
Bundles show up in-line with product info cards
[Fix]Buying items no longer resets your search or navigation

FGU Art Pack Sub

Subscription Items shown by Year and Month, descending
New Responsive layout for each product listing
Same display as Main Store Page

Zacchaeus
August 10th, 2021, 09:14
Wow, those are nice changes. Great work.

Neovirtus
August 10th, 2021, 19:22
Good stuff! As I mentioned in the other thread, the changes to the Art Subscription page were much needed and I think it is a huge improvement.

A couple small pieces of feedback:
1) I think on the Store it looks odd when there are an uneven number of preview pages. I would limit it to 4 per product, IMHO.
2) While it looks great on desktop, the mobile version is just cumbersome, and I think the old format was better for mobile browsing.

Kyler
August 10th, 2021, 20:03
I would still love to see all products developed for "Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (i.e. Weird West Products, Rippers Expedition: South Pacific, Interface Zero 3.0, ect. " be labeled as such. For example, Rippers Expedition "Amazon" is "Savage Worlds Adventure editon" while South Pacific also SWADE is labeled "Savage Worlds". Both are made for SWADE. There are many more examples.

ddavison
August 11th, 2021, 19:32
Mobile view now caps at 2 or 3 screenshots depending on the screen size.

ddavison
August 11th, 2021, 22:14
The advanced search no longer collapses automatically whenever you set a dropdown value, click, or check a box. That was annoying, sorry.

Tindjin
August 11th, 2021, 22:24
Honestly it should not be this hard to find the content to then give them money. I really enjoyed using FG and FGU over the last year as a player and now I was going to use it for DM'ing but the search is absolutely horrible and when I do find what I want I have to go through multiple cycles of errors just to get something purchased. Oh the licensing for the main accounts is easy enough but any content is a completely pain in the rear.

LordEntrails
August 11th, 2021, 22:29
Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic. It wastes your time and other peoples, it fractures discussions, and is not helpful.

Your other threads was here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70031-Store-Display
It would have been best had you made your opinion known in the announcement thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70008-Store-search-display-updated
Or at least in the existing discussion thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70010-What-have-you-done-to-the-Store

Tindjin
August 11th, 2021, 22:35
How do we actually see these changes? I am on Chrome and the page interaction is horrible. Search functions are not working at all and the 'cart' window when you do add something takes up 1/3 of the screen at the bottom and you can't close it. Something is going on since some people say the changes are great while others can't get things working at all.

Dire Weasel
August 11th, 2021, 22:36
It looks like the option to search by “On Sale” is missing.

ddavison
August 11th, 2021, 22:38
I test in Chrome as my main browser. Can you attach a screenshot or short video of what you are seeing? Do you have any other chrome extensions set or windows settings that may be different than the default Windows settings?

Zacchaeus
August 11th, 2021, 22:38
Honestly it should not be this hard to find the content to then give them money. I really enjoyed using FG and FGU over the last year as a player and now I was going to use it for DM'ing but the search is absolutely horrible and when I do find what I want I have to go through multiple cycles of errors just to get something purchased. Oh the licensing for the main accounts is easy enough but any content is a completely pain in the rear.
Can you elaborate on why the search function is not to your liking; perhaps there is something we can help you with in that regard. What errors are you experiencing?

ddavison
August 11th, 2021, 22:39
It looks like the option to search by “On Sale” is missing.

Searching by Popularity replaced the On Sale option, but it should still show On Sale items at the top, by popularity before showing the non-sale items by popularity.

ddavison
August 12th, 2021, 16:27
I modified the main store layout again to reduce the vertical space required on medium, large, and extra-large displays.

Valyar
August 12th, 2021, 18:58
I modified the main store layout again to reduce the vertical space required on medium, large, and extra-large displays.

Looks much better now! Small change with big impact on the perception of the store. Looking at the price/desc/buy/bundle buttons, looks a bit cluttered and maybe it will be good if they are at their own row with equal distance below buttons?

vaughnlannister
August 12th, 2021, 21:15
I like the top button on the right to go to the next page. Also nice that the first 20 products are shown, the images really add something and get you more interested into the products. I liked the previous design, where the images were a bit larger, though if this was causing problems, then I'm fine either way, with the sleeker design!

esmdev
August 12th, 2021, 22:16
I really wasn't a fan of the original change, however the current store display is much nicer on my Kindle. I feel like I can find things again and see clearly what is being offered. :)

LordEntrails
August 12th, 2021, 22:26
Nicely done Doug. I like the sizing and layout you have now. It seems to adapt to different window sizes well too.

HywelPhillips
August 13th, 2021, 12:06
It looks a great deal better now! The experience is transformed on my phone - easy to scroll the list and easy to tell where each product begins and ends.

On a large screen it looks really good - cleanly presented, enough products per page not to feel like a chore, and each one looks intriguing to check out.

Nicely done!

Cheers, Hywel

ddavison
August 13th, 2021, 12:39
Thanks. Everyone’s feedback was very helpful.

NuclearMonkey
August 14th, 2021, 17:13
Regarding popularity sorting by on sale first, you may want to indicate in the filter itself that it sorts by popular on sale and then popular. Otherwise, I imagine this question will come up over and over again.

Mikalye
August 21st, 2021, 13:49
Thank you for this, I find it easier to use.

What would be great would be if there were some way to sync the various storefronts (which of course may be prohibited by contractual terms). If for example you are (say) a Steam User, then SM already knows what you have bought on Steam, it would be great if when I went to the SM store, it reflected that, in already marking what I already had.

Yes, I know that the counter-argument is that a steam user should just buy everything on the Steam store, but if you buy something FG from a third party store (say Frog God's store or Kobold Press' store), then you get sold code that is only redeemable at the Smiteworks store, so it is entirely plausible to have a bunch of owned FG add-ons combined from both the Smiteworks and Steam Stores.

Ideally when any user went to EITHER storefront, it should show as owned everything that that player owns, regardless of which storefront it was acquired from. Again there may be something in the contract with Valve that makes this tricky, but it would be real benefit.

ddavison
August 21st, 2021, 14:16
Thank you for this, I find it easier to use.

What would be great would be if there were some way to sync the various storefronts (which of course may be prohibited by contractual terms). If for example you are (say) a Steam User, then SM already knows what you have bought on Steam, it would be great if when I went to the SM store, it reflected that, in already marking what I already had.

Yes, I know that the counter-argument is that a steam user should just buy everything on the Steam store, but if you buy something FG from a third party store (say Frog God's store or Kobold Press' store), then you get sold code that is only redeemable at the Smiteworks store, so it is entirely plausible to have a bunch of owned FG add-ons combined from both the Smiteworks and Steam Stores.

Ideally when any user went to EITHER storefront, it should show as owned everything that that player owns, regardless of which storefront it was acquired from. Again there may be something in the contract with Valve that makes this tricky, but it would be real benefit.

I might do some tests with this to see how performance is. When other storefronts besides Steam activate a product, it shows up in the order history here and would be reflected already. Steam sales are done differently.