PDA

View Full Version : Client error popup when sharing maps

Ecks
August 9th, 2021, 15:33
During a session yesterday, two players had an error pop up when I shared a map image. The map shared successfully, but they got this message:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "isidentified"]:16: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)

This happened twice to the same player. The first time it was when the GM shared a new (previously unshared map), and the second time was when the GM re-shared a map that was already shared with the players (i.e. already cached, not downloaded). The first map was "Ruins-Two" from Zaccheus' ToA Map Pack. The second map was either "Player Map - Rotten Halls" or "Acereraks First Warning" (both from Tomb of Annihilation). All of these images were marked as Unidentified.

The error seemed benign and didn't cause any issues with playing, but I figured I would share the error anyways. I was unable to recreate with the same setup (in existing campaign or new).

Here are the logs from the time of the error from one of the players:

[8/8/2021 6:50:42 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (power_header)
[8/8/2021 6:52:46 PM] NETWORK SEND FILE REQUEST: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack
[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack (337611)
[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "isidentified"]:16: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)
[8/8/2021 7:25:33 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (power_header)
[8/8/2021 7:36:24 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find pressed icon (down) in control (button_chat_pcdesc) in class (power_header)
[8/8/2021 7:50:48 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "isidentified"]:16: attempt to index global 'window' (a nil value)

GM (omitted "Campaign saved" logs):

[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack
[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] NETWORK SEND FILE: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack (337611)
[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] NETWORK RECV FILE REQUEST: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack
[8/8/2021 6:52:47 PM] NETWORK SEND FILE: Ruins-Two.jpg@Zacchaeus' ToA Map Pack (337611)

FGU v4.1.4
5E ruleset v2021-07-06

Extensions during play:
Feature: D&D Official Language Fonts (FR)
Decal: D&D - Tomb of Annihilation
5E Chat Spells

LordEntrails
August 9th, 2021, 15:41
Only including the snippets from the logs doesn't tell us what extensions you are running. Important to know since it might be related to an extension since the ruleset code has not been modified in sometime and you're the first report of this.

In short, does it happen if you use no extensions?

Ecks
August 9th, 2021, 15:48
Edited original post to include the extensions (theme, decal, one extension) in use when the error occurred. As mentioned in original post I was unable to recreate, but to clarify this was both with and without any extensions.

Moon Wizard
August 9th, 2021, 22:12
Can you please provide the whole set of logs for the issue? There is a Compile Logs button right at the top of the screen where the error message pops up.

Since "button_chat_pcdesc" isn't in any of the official rulesets from the store, I'm assuming that you still having extensions running from that clip. Getting the logs from when no extensions are running would rule out extensions as a culprit, and provide the right line numbers.

If that line number is correct, that should only be script that fires for items (PC inventory, party sheet inventory, parcels); so shouldn't be related to images at all. Are you using any parcel extensions?

Regards,
JPG

Ecks
August 9th, 2021, 23:11
I can confirm that the "button_chat_pcdesc" warning messages are caused by the extension I was using. That was the only extension I had running at the time, no parcel related extensions running. I'll try running the next session with no extensions in case it happens again.

I can email the whole set of player logs that I have to the support email if interested, but note that those were captured with the 1 extension running (I also have the GM console/network log files, but not the entire set from 'Compile Logs').

I wasn't ever able to re-create, so it may just have been a coincidence that it occurred right when I shared an image (though it did happen twice). The error didn't seem to cause any issue with game play, though.

LordEntrails
August 9th, 2021, 23:41
I can confirm that the "button_chat_pcdesc" warning messages are caused by the extension I was using. That was the only extension I had running at the time, no parcel related extensions running. I'll try running the next session with no extensions in case it happens again.

I can email the whole set of player logs that I have to the support email if interested, but note that those were captured with the 1 extension running (I also have the GM console/network log files, but not the entire set from 'Compile Logs').

I wasn't ever able to re-create, so it may just have been a coincidence that it occurred right when I shared an image (though it did happen twice). The error didn't seem to cause any issue with game play, though.
The logs might be helpful to the extension developer, but won't help support, since they can't fix community extensions :)