PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

The Evil DM
August 17th, 2007, 17:58
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to check in at the gate. I purchased FGII last night and I'm a bit excited to get started. I'm just kind of getting my bearings so to speak-checking out the forums, reading the user section, stuff like that.

I'm a regular over at the Midnight's Lair forum.
https://www.midnightslair.com/forum/index.php

A couple of us at that forum have been discussing the possibility of using FGII for a Savage Worlds game. eagerly anticipating the release of the SW for FGII.

We have a few guys over there that are into games such as "Unknown Armies", "Spirit of the Century" and "Mutants and Masterminds". I'm hoping that we can find ways to Utilize FGII to support online play with those systems.

Anyway, I'm hoping FGII is able to meet some of our needs. If so you may see more of us on the boards here.

Waldo Pepper
August 17th, 2007, 18:55
Welcome. It's always nice to have a new face around, especially one who is interested in running SW games. Spirit of the Century is another one of my current favs. I've seen the new SW ruleset during a preview and it looks very nice. DA has said it should be available next week, once the GenCon dust has settled. As for the other games, most probably be accommodated by FG II even without a special ruleset - you simply need to come up with a few work arounds (e.g., for the Fudge dice). If you're really ambitious you can even put together a ruleset of your own.

richvalle
August 17th, 2007, 19:05
Hey! Welcome to the boards.

I am also looking forward to getting the SW ruleset (as well as the rules from Amazon). In fact, I've put in an order with a friend at Gencon to stop by the booth and buy them for me.

I played Spirit of the Century at the last Chicago Enworld Gameday and it was quite fun. Character creation was interesting.

If you are willing to put work into it and can figure out what you are doing, you can pretty much do anything with FG. You'll have to muck around with xml, graphics and lua.

If not, you still might be able to get FG to be what you need (as opposed to want). All you have to do is modify the character sheet so you can record the right information. Much of the char sheet is just text fields so you can type anything in there you want. Change the labels on the char sheet and you are good to go. You can roll d6's for the fudge dice (in SotC). Tokens, maps and such will all be the same no matter what game (except more blimps in SotC! :) )

Gotta run.

rv

Mellock
August 17th, 2007, 20:10
Howdy. :D

Another SW fan... Sure seems popular. :)

Kalan
August 17th, 2007, 20:23
Its popular? What is this SW anyways? ;) :bandit:

Welcome aboard Evil DM :) I think I recognize the name from the PEG boards :)

Anyhow, hope you get things to work out for you :) And if you have any questions, just fire them away :D