PDA

View Full Version : Raging Resistance Character Effect

mwfantasygrounds
August 8th, 2021, 07:23
Hi, I am trying to add Raging Resistance to the Rage Character Effect on my Giant Instinct barbarian. Everything works (raging damage, AC penalty, Clumsy 1) except for the Resistance. It worked when I had it as a "spell" on the abilities tab. It also works when I take out the [CON] part. Are the Character Effects not able to work with things like [CON] when calculating things?

DMG: 10 melee; AC: -1; Clumsy: 1; RESIST: 3 [CON] bludgeoning <-- Does not work as Character Effect; does work as a "spell" effect on Abilities tab.

DMG: 10 melee; AC: -1; Clumsy: 1; RESIST: 3 bludgeoning <-- works

kaernunnos
August 8th, 2021, 08:33
Effects that do math work when applied from the spells because the math is done at application. By putting it like that directly on a character, it never goes through the step that does the math. Instead, input the barbarian's 3+Con mod number there, and it should only have to be updated every 5 levels.

Trenloe
August 8th, 2021, 17:53
Character effects use curly brackets for value substitution. This is documented in the Wiki effects page here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643388/PFRPG2+Effects#PC-Specific-Notes---Character-effects

So use:

DMG: 10 melee; AC: -1; Clumsy: 1; RESIST: 3 {CON} bludgeoning

mwfantasygrounds
August 10th, 2021, 15:09
Thank you - that worked!