PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary planning - The Age of Worms

Black Moria
August 15th, 2007, 22:20
This is an preliminary announcement of a campaign start of The Ages of Worms set in the Forgotten Realms that is in the planning phase.

The invitations have gone out to a first group of players but only one has responded so far after several days of emails out to people so I am not certain of the dedication of the others. I intent to give them one week to confirm if they are in or out and after that, I intend to open up seats.

So at present, I have one confirmed player and potentially room for 4 more.

About me: I have DMed D&D for 32 years (yes, I am a older player so hopefully that is not a factor) and have run one other campaign by OpenRPG. Everyone who has ever played at my table (probably over 100 people by now over the years) have stated that I am a great DM, so ego aside, not just a few people think I am a great DM.

Campaign Requirements: Fantasy Grounds 2. I type all day at my job so I prefer to use VoiP like Ventrilo for the game. The time schedule is not set but based on my one player, most likely one day in the Monday to Thursday time block - 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm Central Time.

Our group is using a Google group for campaign related correspondence and discussion so information about the campaign, character creation, house rules, etc will all be found there. I will invite players to the group once they are accepted.

Start Time: No detemined yet but ASAP.

Player Preferences: Mature person, any age or sex, who is committed to participating in a interesting and hopefully fun filled campaign. To avoid disappointment all around, unless you have the commitment to play at the times agreed upon, don't ask to participate. I would rather not have to chase people down when they don't show up.

The campaign is 'mature themes' so while I will not get too graphical about it, I do depict evil as evil in description and tone so if you are senstive about such issues, my campaign and you are probably not a good fit.

Please Note: This a preliminary call for players and no commitment is implied just yet. I am seeing who is interested given the above until I can find out who I have in the first batch of players. Then I will select players who respond and offer them a seat to fill the vacancies.

Thank you.

Del

scytale2
August 15th, 2007, 22:43
This is an preliminary announcement of a campaign start of The Ages of Worms set in the Forgotten Realms that is in the planning phase.

The invitations have gone out to a first group of players but only one has responded so far after several days of emails out to people so I am not certain of the dedication of the others. I intent to give them one week to confirm if they are in or out and after that, I intend to open up seats.

So at present, I have one confirmed player and potentially room for 4 more.

About me: I have DMed D&D for 32 years (yes, I am a older player so hopefully that is not a factor) and have run one other campaign by OpenRPG. Everyone who has ever played at my table (probably over 100 people by now over the years) have stated that I am a great DM, so ego aside, not just a few people think I am a great DM.

Campaign Requirements: Fantasy Grounds 2. I type all day at my job so I prefer to use VoiP like Ventrilo for the game. The time schedule is not set but based on my one player, most likely one day in the Monday to Thursday time block - 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm Central Time.

Our group is using a Google group for campaign related correspondence and discussion so information about the campaign, character creation, house rules, etc will all be found there. I will invite players to the group once they are accepted.

Start Time: No detemined yet but ASAP.

Player Preferences: Mature person, any age or sex, who is committed to participating in a interesting and hopefully fun filled campaign. To avoid disappointment all around, unless you have the commitment to play at the times agreed upon, don't ask to participate. I would rather not have to chase people down when they don't show up.

The campaign is 'mature themes' so while I will not get too graphical about it, I do depict evil as evil in description and tone so if you are senstive about such issues, my campaign and you are probably not a good fit.

Please Note: This a preliminary call for players and no commitment is implied just yet. I am seeing who is interested given the above until I can find out who I have in the first batch of players. Then I will select players who respond and offer them a seat to fill the vacancies.

Thank you.

Del

Sounds like fun, but hard to know, when no day/time is indicated.

Traygin
August 15th, 2007, 22:52
What is your time zone?

Griogre
August 15th, 2007, 23:47
Looks like US Central Time.

Black Moria
August 16th, 2007, 01:02
The day is not finalized but it will be on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on what is best fit for everyone. Friday and weekends are out due to other commitments.

And it is 6:30pm to 10:30 pm Central Time (7:30 to 9:30 Eastern).

As stated, this is still in the planning stage and not 100% firm for day and time. Just letting prospective players know some stuff now so that players looking for a Friday or weekend game can give this a pass because those days are clearly not in the books.

Johan
August 16th, 2007, 01:12
I'm interested, starting level? books? also, I'd like it if it would be more than once a week, I don't know if that's doable for others or not.

Hamish
August 16th, 2007, 06:56
I would certainly be interested, and the time slot would be just right. If only I wasn't halfway across the world.... :mad:

coltar
August 18th, 2007, 23:36
I would be VERY interested in this one..... new to online, but I've been playing for a long, long time.... the time on this one looks perfect for me too.

Warclone
August 19th, 2007, 01:57
I just bought FGII, and would love to get in on this. I'm a mature player that enjoys RPing and playing many different roles, and am knowledgeable about 3.5e rules.

My email is warclone[at]gmail.com or you can PM me here. Alternatively, I am on AIM as CWags989.

Random
August 19th, 2007, 23:56
I'm very interested. I'm a longtime role player and DM myself, but have limited playtime with 3.5 (I'm just getting back into the game after a long hiatus). I'm fairly open in my schedule, since my own game doesn't seem to be taking off.

Sederien
August 20th, 2007, 02:54
You have a PM from me concerning the game.

Thank you for offering this to the community.

Celtic_God
August 22nd, 2007, 21:28
i sent you a PM as well

Black Moria
August 28th, 2007, 03:46
Thanks for all the responses. And thanks to all the persons who PMed me. I will be finalizing a final player roster in the next few days and will extend an invitation to several people from those who PMed me, as it looks right now like I will have 2 vacancies.

Sorry for the late response but work issues pushed back my campaign start a bit. Should be clear sailing now.