PDA

View Full Version : Official Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Bug Report Thead

superteddy57
July 31st, 2021, 21:15
Please post bugs related to the ruleset here. Please provide as much detail as possible. This would include steps taken before bug/error appears and images of the console output or issue. Also please ensure you are disabling all extensions and testing again prior to reporting bugs/errors. If this resolves the issue, then it would be best to report the issue in the extension's thread instead.

When reporting please use the tips from this post to help give as much information as needed:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51687-How-to-Report-Issues-Bugs-and-Problems

Ecks
September 20th, 2021, 02:04
In Call of Cthulhu Investigators Handbook:
Opening C8 - The Roaring Twenties > 1920s Biographies results in the following console error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_blocklayoutmanager.lua"]:163: setFrame: Specified frame does not exist. (referenceblock-McPherson built a radio station, edited a magazine, founded the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel (1927), and the Lighthouse of International Foursquare Evangelism Bible College. She built the Angelus Temple in Los Angeles in 1922. At the height of her career in the 1930s, Aimee Semple McPherson's gospel was taught in over two hundred missions across the country. She died from an overdose of barbiturates in 1944.)
The section of text from the error appears to not be rendered as a result.

Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) ruleset v2021-07-20
Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds
FGU v4.1.7

damned
September 20th, 2021, 22:11
Thanks for the report. I can replicate - Ill get it sorted.

Ecks
September 21st, 2021, 23:50
Not sure if this is specific to the Call of Cthulhu 7e reference manual or a quirk of FGU in general, but there are a lot of places in the reference manual where the Next/Previous Page arrow buttons don't navigate correctly. This happens with various sections/sub-sections that have the same title.

For example,

Navigate to C6 - Combat > Firearms
Hitting the Next Page button goes to C4 - Skills > First Aid instead of C6 - Combat > Firearm Attack Modifiers
Navigate back to C6 - Combat > Firearms
Hitting the Previous Page button goes to C4 - Skills > Fighting instead of C6 - Combat > Combat Example

Some other duplicate titled pages that cause the navigation issue with adjacent pages:

C7 - Chases / C8 - Sanity > The Shadow Over Innsmouth
C9 - Magic / C11 - Tomes of Eldritch Lore > Mythos Tomes

C15 - Appendices > The Whisperer in the Darkness: I suspect this should be The Whisperer in Darkness (though that'll create another duplicate title with the sub-section in C9 - Magic). The same is present in the quote attribution and the image label on this page.

FGU v4.1.7

damned
October 17th, 2021, 10:08
Fixes for errors reported by Ecks in the main Reference Manual and the Investigators Handbook have been submitted.
They will likely take 10 days to go live.

damned
October 20th, 2021, 01:38
Fixes should be live.

GregRex
October 20th, 2021, 02:26
Found a misspell in the Military Officer Occupation.

'Survsival' should be Survival. It affects the Skills tab when selecting the Occupation.

Source: Investigators Handbook

Ecks
October 20th, 2021, 03:13
With the latest update I can confirm the error from post 2 no longer appears. However, I did note that the following text (formerly in the error message) appears to be missing from the page. I believe it is supposed to be the second paragraph under the Aimee McPherson entry:

McPherson built a radio station, edited a magazine, founded the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel (1927), and the Lighthouse of International Foursquare Evangelism Bible College. She built the Angelus Temple in Los Angeles in 1922. At the height of her career in the 1930s, Aimee Semple McPherson's gospel was taught in over two hundred missions across the country. She died from an overdose of barbiturates in 1944.

damned
October 20th, 2021, 16:05
Thank you GregRex and Ecks - Ill get on to them.

Soupdragon
October 23rd, 2021, 11:47
Hello,

Hopefully this is the right place to raise this.

I have recently purchased the CoC 7e and pulp Cthulhu ruleset but every time I open my new campaign I get the error below. I have fully updated FG and forced an update but the errors persist. I can open D&D5e and Alien Rulesets with no issues so it seems to be local to the CoC7e / Pulp. The rule set seems to work normally except the error messages. Thank you for your assistance.

Ruleset(s): CoC7e and Pulp Cthulhu

New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: Call of Cthulhu - Pulp Cthulhu and Theme CoC7E -Pulp Cthulhu

Modules Loaded: Call of Crhulhu 7e, Call of Cthulhu 7e Pulp Cthulhu, CoC 7e PC Reference and CoC 7e Reference

Operating System / Language Setting: Win 10

Steps to Reproduce: On opening a new campaign I have the following Errors

framedel: Could not find image file () for frame (shortcuts). [PulpChhulhu [graphics_frames.xml]
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_vision.lua"]:77: attempt to call field 'registerEffect CompType' (a nil value)

additionally whenever I delete an NPC from the CT I get

Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:103: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)

Many thanks for any assistance you can give.

damned
October 23rd, 2021, 12:01
Welcome Soupdragon

Can you please share a screenshot of the Chat window?
I cant reproduce either error.

Soupdragon
October 23rd, 2021, 18:16
Thanks for getting back to me.

Please find below (hopefully) the information requested.

Many thanks

damned
October 23rd, 2021, 22:08
Can you delete the following:
\vault\CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS.dat
\vault\CHA23107COC7EFG.dat

and rerun the updater?

Soupdragon
October 24th, 2021, 00:38
I have deleted \vault\CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS.dat and \vault\CHA23107COC7EFG.dat and re run the updater twice but I am still getting the error messages at start up and when deleting NPCs from the CT.

I have also deleted and re started the campaign but I am still getting the error message.

damned
October 24th, 2021, 02:00
Can you please post a screenshot of your /rulesets directory for me?

Soupdragon
October 24th, 2021, 09:12
Please find attached my ruleset directory.

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

damned
October 24th, 2021, 11:24
Could you re upload as it is not showing

Soupdragon
October 24th, 2021, 12:51
My apologies, hopefully this time I will get it right.

Egheal
October 24th, 2021, 14:14
infortunaly no, does not work.

damned
October 24th, 2021, 14:59
Egheal

Does your Chat match mine or Soupdragons?

Egheal
October 24th, 2021, 15:44
Clicking on the attachement links of Soupdragon I have: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Soupdragon
October 24th, 2021, 17:10
I am sure its me doing something wrong, I'll try again...again.

It is showing the PNG file below on my post when I am in WYSIWYG mode

But if it still does not work I have typed it out below I hope that gives you the info you need. All files mentioned are PAK Files I hope this is OK

2E.pak 13/10/21 8,050KB
3.5E.pak 04/08/21 856KB
4E.pak 02/06/21 4,258KB
5E.pak 07/07/21 5,852KB
CallOfCthulhu7E.pak 25/03/20 5,977KB
CoreRPG.pak 10/09/21 11.473KB
Cypher System.pak 20/10/21 875KB
DCC RPG.pak 25/04/20 6898KB
Fate Core.pak 17/02/21 1324KB
Numenera.pak 20/10/21 7KB
PFRPG.pak 24/06/21 17KB
PFRPG2.pak 20/10/21 4187KB
SFRPG.pak 20/10/21 12,074KB
The Strange.pak 20/10/21 27KB

damned
October 24th, 2021, 21:49
CallOfCthulhu7E.pak 25/03/20 5,977KB

is a pirated version.

damned
October 24th, 2021, 21:50
Clicking on the attachement links of Soupdragon I have: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

please check against posts 11 and 12

Egheal
October 24th, 2021, 23:14
@damned: I have no problem with my ruleset (I talked about the attachments of Soupdragon, not about a problem with my ruleset).

Soupdragon
October 24th, 2021, 23:15
Please see below a cut and paste from my email from paypal showing purchase of the ruleset, transaction ID can be provided if required.

Quantity 1
Item Pulp Cthulhu (7th edition Call of Cthulhu)
ID number 1
Price $18.39 USD

Quantity 1
Item Call of Cthulhu 7E (Ruleset)
ID number 1
Price $22.39 USD

I must admit I was shown the software on my PC before I purchased it, I liked what I saw, so purchased it. I can only assume that it came from that. There is a moral there somewhere, probably look at it on their computer.

I have deleted all the elements of that software I can find and have forced an update and the rule set now works as far as I can see.

Thank you for your efforts in resolving this.

damned
October 24th, 2021, 23:40
@damned: I have no problem with my ruleset (I talked about the attachments of Soupdragon, not about a problem with my ruleset).

I understand - I was just trying to confirm what others are seeing. If you have time and could compare your FG Chat when loading a new campaign with Call of Cthulhu 7E, Theme: Coc7E Pulp and Feature: CoC7E Pulp that would be great - but no stress

damned
October 24th, 2021, 23:41
Please see below a cut and paste from my email from paypal showing purchase of the ruleset, transaction ID can be provided if required.

Quantity 1
Item Pulp Cthulhu (7th edition Call of Cthulhu)
ID number 1
Price $18.39 USD

Quantity 1
Item Call of Cthulhu 7E (Ruleset)
ID number 1
Price $22.39 USD

I must admit I was shown the software on my PC before I purchased it, I liked what I saw, so purchased it. I can only assume that it came from that. There is a moral there somewhere, probably look at it on their computer.

I have deleted all the elements of that software I can find and have forced an update and the rule set now works as far as I can see.

Thank you for your efforts in resolving this.

All good thanks for the update Soupdragon

Egheal
October 25th, 2021, 04:57
I understand - I was just trying to confirm what others are seeing. If you have time and could compare your FG Chat when loading a new campaign with Call of Cthulhu 7E, Theme: Coc7E Pulp and Feature: CoC7E Pulp that would be great - but no stress

My Chat is exactly the same has the one you presented in your post#11

damned
October 25th, 2021, 10:09
My Chat is exactly the same has the one you presented in your post#11

Phew - very good - thanks.

sedgetone
December 2nd, 2021, 17:51
Hi Damned,

I''ve been using Builder in the Test channel to put together a reference module. Build looks good and exports without issue, loading the module into a fresh campaign while in Testing and it looks fine too. Take my new reference module back into Live though and it's a different story; subchapter items have been swapped around, images have shrunk in size and page elements have become jumbled. Can you take a look and see if you can re-create it please?

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2021, 19:29
Hi Damned,

I''ve been using Builder in the Test channel to put together a reference module. Build looks good and exports without issue, loading the module into a fresh campaign while in Testing and it looks fine too. Take my new reference module back into Live though and it's a different story; subchapter items have been swapped around, images have shrunk in size and page elements have become jumbled. Can you take a look and see if you can re-create it please?
New functionality from test is only currently valid in test. If you want to use it in live you'll need to wait until the new version is migrated to live.

damned
December 2nd, 2021, 20:54
Test will likely become live next Tuesday based on previous comments by Moon Wizard. I think its best to wait till that happens.

sedgetone
December 2nd, 2021, 20:58
Thank you, celestine mentioned it was working in core and suggested it may be ruleset related, hence the post. Fingers crossed all comes good on release.

damned
December 2nd, 2021, 21:00
It may be ruleset related but if it works in Test and Test will (likely) be available next week there is no great value in me troubleshooting it and no time for a patch to get into the system and to go live. If it also doesnt work in Live then there is something that needs looking at further.

damned
December 3rd, 2021, 09:21
Your screenshots look fantastic btw!

sedgetone
December 3rd, 2021, 10:00
Praise indeed Damned, thank you sir! When Builder appeared in the Test channel I was over the moon. Author has been great for making reference manuals but layout was always a bit limited. I wanted to try and make something as close to the book for HoB as I love how Critial Hit layout there books. I normally build separate story and reference modules for my stuff. I'm going to go through building out Malleus Monstrorum for myself as I'm a masocist ;)

damned
December 3rd, 2021, 12:46
There is not a lot of CoC content coming out on FG right now. Consider emailing jholloway@ with your module and asking if there is a possibility of getting it on the store.

The Decorated Man
January 13th, 2022, 00:56
Where is the CoC7e Ruleset

damned
January 13th, 2022, 01:22
It is not included in Fantasy Grounds it needs to be purchased from the Store.
Once purchased if you run the Check for Updates it will download to your instance and be available to select.

The Decorated Man
January 13th, 2022, 01:23
Thanks Damned

StolenFires
January 15th, 2022, 23:38
I'm playing Masks of Nyarlathotep using the 7e rules, and my players appear to be able to roll 0-10 on a d10.

https://imgur.com/a/N7fH0sc

damned
January 15th, 2022, 23:50
Welcome Stolenfires

Way back in the mists of early RPGs there were two standards of rolling d100 on 2d10s.

The original FG developers went with the method that has eventually fallen out of use :bandit:

In many ways this alternate d100 is more logical but its not the one we are used to seeing and does feel jarring sometimes.

FGU be default now uses the more standard method but the coding of advantage dice etc in Call of Cthulhu means we havent updated this ruleset to use the more d100 method. At this time we dont have any plans to do so but that might change.

basically the tens dice rolls
00 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90

and the units dice rolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

so 90 + 10 = 100
00 + 10 = 10
00 + 1 = 1
etc

in the more commonly (now) used method you have

tens
00 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90

units
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

and 90 + 0 = 90
00 + 0 = 100
00 + 1 = 1
10 + 0 = 10

the anomaly is 00+0=100
in the old/alt form 90+10=100
which is more correct

StolenFires
January 16th, 2022, 00:21
Thank you for the reply but if you check the screenshot, my players are rolling both 0s and 10s on the d10. That gives 11 different options for a die that should, in physical space, only have 10 faces. In the first roll, 'Cliff' rolls 10 in the tens place and a 0 in the units place, and FG interprets the result as rolling a 10. You can also see 'Ripp' rolling a 0 in the tens place and a 10 in the units dice, again for a result of 10. I'm all for some non-Euclidean geometry in my Call of Cthulhu game, but this seems excessive.

damned
January 16th, 2022, 00:40
Ok. Ive found the anomaly...

Dice rolls from the charsheet seem to be correct (correct as in using the 1-10 dice)
Dice rolls from /die 1d100 do the same
But dragging a d100 from the graphical dice on the table uses the FGU version of 0-9...

Ill discuss with Ian but Im not sure that this is a very easy fix.

StolenFires
January 16th, 2022, 00:53
Thank you! I will let my players know and we'll just pick one method and stick with it!

damned
January 16th, 2022, 00:56
For the moment if you type /die 1d100 into the chat and then drag that to a hot key and use that hot key rather than the graphical dice. Once I have an answer - either a fix or the bug will be hanging around - ill update this thread.

Prob
February 1st, 2022, 23:48
51276 my players are not able to create characters the image error appeared, and also the skill points are being calculated wrong.

damned
February 1st, 2022, 23:57
Welcome Prob

I just loaded a blank campaign and connected a player instance and was able to create new characters without error.
Are you doing the Character Creation steps in the right order?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhF1pUhy5n0&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKU93gVBn363hhpqKv42QD9p&index=1

Prob
February 2nd, 2022, 00:34
yep, when you click on the + sign to add a new player, the error appears

damned
February 2nd, 2022, 02:09
It looks like you or the player have a network error.
Please restart the GM instance and then have the player retry.

Feroand
March 8th, 2022, 20:09
Hello there.
I believe there is a problem with extreme damage rolls. I am adding 3 SS on the bottom. I believe it must be max. dmg. of the weapon + (if weapon supports it max. dmg. of the character's dmg bonus) + (if it's impaling, then + dice for the weapon)
As you can see, in the first one (nameless character), it's just a 4, instead of 3+4=7. In the second one (Louis Grunewald), it's just an empty row.
And the last one (nameless character), extreme dmg is correct because the weapon (revolver) does not have dmg. bonus.

I believe it only counts the dmg bonus if the weapon has it.
Both handbook and the rule book are loaded if it's important for the case.

ianmward
March 8th, 2022, 22:39
Hello there.
I believe there is a problem with extreme damage rolls. I am adding 3 SS on the bottom. I believe it must be max. dmg. of the weapon + (if weapon supports it max. dmg. of the character's dmg bonus) + (if it's impaling, then + dice for the weapon)
As you can see, in the first one (nameless character), it's just a 4, instead of 3+4=7. In the second one (Louis Grunewald), it's just an empty row.
And the last one (nameless character), extreme dmg is correct because the weapon (revolver) does not have dmg. bonus.

I believe it only counts the dmg bonus if the weapon has it.
Both handbook and the rule book are loaded if it's important for the case.

Hi Feroand,
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post your query.

I believe you are correct and it is only adding the DB if the weapon asks for it. I will check and let you know.

Cheers,

Ian

Feroand
March 10th, 2022, 20:27
Hello again.
I believe we encountered a problem. It seems like the dice tower doesn't work properly. Whenever we try to use it with any skill (from an NPC or a PC), it only gives a result equal to or less than 10. I believe there is a typo on the ruleset. Also, it seems okay with the dice at the bottom (it doesn't seem random enough, though).
I checked this with other rulesets, it seems like they don't have this problem.
You can see from my screen (there is no extension loaded, it's a fresh campaign save)
And, this is what my player sent me from his screen. This one is from our campaign and has some extensions. I can type the list if it's necessary)
You can see, there is a typo, "d10+t100" I believe this is the problem.
Both of them has rulebook and Investigator book loaded

Have a nice day.

damned
March 10th, 2022, 21:13
This is from a new change that was made to the underlying system last week.
Its going to take some time to unpick as the t100 was quite important in the Bonus/Penalty mechanic.

Out of curiosity why do you use the Tower?

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2022, 21:30
I have some fixes I’m working on for CoC7 with regards to this.

JPG

ianmward
March 11th, 2022, 06:46
Hi Feroand,
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post your query.

I believe you are correct and it is only adding the DB if the weapon asks for it. I will check and let you know.

Cheers,

Ian

This has now been fixed and sent for review. It should appear in the TEST channel on Tuesday, so please give it a go and make sure it does fix it.

Thanks,

Ian

ianmward
March 12th, 2022, 13:01
Hi all, the fix for extreme damage will probably be delayed as some other fixes are being checked before it can be released. I'll post again when it goes into TEST. Apologies for the confusion.

HeckoX
April 8th, 2022, 02:16
Bugged behaviour from the Add X Skills buttons (these: 52318)

Background
I have created a custom era: 1600s Japan
In the options, I have set the era to be 1600s Japan.
I've confirmed this to work, as when I create a new character, the skills tab displays all the skills I've added to the custom era

Issue
If I lick the Add Firearm Skill button, and I don't have a skill called Firearm in the 1600s Japan era, nothing happens.
This is fine, I expected this behaviour, however...

If I click the Add Firearm Skill button, and I do have a skill called Firearm in the 1600s Japan era, it ignores the 1600s Japan Firearm skill, and adds the default 1920s Firearm skill instead.
I would expect it to add the 1600s Japan skill, since there's obviously a check for if the skill exists in the active era.

Further issues
Before anyone mentions "Just add it as a custom skill instead", this part seems bugged as well.
Adding anything as a custom skill seems to add the skill name as a string instead of a reference - you can't click it to read more about it.

damned
April 8th, 2022, 02:42
Hi HeckoX

The existing Firearms skill is required for the Automation to work.
You can change it if you wish but it will break some automation.

HeckoX
April 9th, 2022, 00:02
Hi HeckoX

The existing Firearms skill is required for the Automation to work.
You can change it if you wish but it will break some automation.
I'm terribly sorry, but I don't follow. For the automation of what to work..?

damned
April 9th, 2022, 01:25
For any of the skills that have subskills - like Fighting, Firearms, Science etc just edit the Subskills.
If you edit the parent skill the buttons that load the skill/subskill cant find the subskill.

The best way to do this is probably:

New Campaign
Clone an existing Era and rename it.
Adjust any skills and subskills - with the above caveat.
Then reload the table.
Then in Setup set the new Era as the campaign Era.
If you are then going to do any custom Occupations create those.

[Then export the Occupations and Eras to a module.
I think you should be able to load that module in a new game and you wont have to redo those customisations in that new campaign so you have them as backup.]

Then do your character creation.

If you were doing 1600s and you had Muskets (example) you would in your Era, go to Firearms, unlock and then remove things like Flamethrower, machinegun, Handgun etc and add Musket with a default skill value.

HeckoX
April 10th, 2022, 03:35
Thanks for the workaround.
I'll likely make use of it since... well... I don't really have much choice in the matter.
But I understand if it's considered to cumbersome a fix for too niche a use case.

ianmward
April 12th, 2022, 00:28
Further issues
Before anyone mentions "Just add it as a custom skill instead", this part seems bugged as well.
Adding anything as a custom skill seems to add the skill name as a string instead of a reference - you can't click it to read more about it.

Whilst it doesn't fix your main problem, you should be able to drag the skills from the Era window into the character sheet.

HeckoX
April 14th, 2022, 00:29
For any of the skills that have subskills - like Fighting, Firearms, Science etc just edit the Subskills.
I did some further testing today; automation works just fine, and - as far as I can see - completely as intended. The only thing screwy is the skill description, and only when the blue Add X Skill button is used.

I did as described in my previous post: I created a custom "firearms" skill with custom subskills (instead of editing the default) and added said custom skill to a 1600s era.

When I add the custom firearm skill by dragging and dropping the open skill window, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the custom firearms skill description as it is supposed to.
When I add the custom firearm skill by using the "Add custom skill" button, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the custom firearms skill description as it is supposed to.
When I add the custom firearm skill by using the "Add Fireams skill" button, the automation for the custom skill works just fine. When I click the reference, it shows the default firearms skill description, which is unexpected behaviour

While I personally have little need to this to be fixed anymore - I found a far simpler work-around than what was described - it seems fairly obvious that what I was trying to do is meant to be a supported functionality, so it would be great to have it work as intended. That the skill description reference is overwritten by something hardcoded when using the Add X Skill button seems to be the mistake, considering the automation works correctly.

redba
April 17th, 2022, 10:15
Hy guys,
I found some small graphical problems:
1) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB I found this weird denied symbol over the MOV field 52420
2) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB if a text is too long (this is Shadow over Providence standar text) the text is unreadable and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet 52421
3) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB there are some label not clear readable overlapped by modify/add buttons and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet 52422
4) In the Character Sheet on Personal TAB the label of fields in any case overlap the text field 52423 by the way I notice this also in the Spell Entry 52424

After these I found a weird behavior of spell group.. I am able to create a local campaign copy of an item, npc and so on but I am not able to copy to local campaign a spell neither if I create it as new item (I use drag & drop)..

And one last question.. On Inventory I try to add a Vehicle on proper space but after added it I am unable to remove/clear it (I have no radial delete and also if I remove the text the link remain) 52425

Thank you guys..

damned
April 17th, 2022, 11:14
Hi redba

The first 3 look like they are caused by the Inventory updates. Ill work on a fix.
Im not sure what caused the next 2 but Ill get them fixed up.

For the Vehicle you would use that (\) icon to clear it but it might not be clickable in its current position.

Stay tuned.

damned
April 17th, 2022, 14:06
Hy guys,
I found some small graphical problems:
1) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB I found this weird denied symbol over the MOV field 52420
2) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB if a text is too long (this is Shadow over Providence standar text) the text is unreadable and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet 52421
3) In the Character Sheet on Inventory TAB there are some label not clear readable overlapped by modify/add buttons and is not possible to increase width of Character Sheet 52422
4) In the Character Sheet on Personal TAB the label of fields in any case overlap the text field 52423 by the way I notice this also in the Spell Entry 52424

After these I found a weird behavior of spell group.. I am able to create a local campaign copy of an item, npc and so on but I am not able to copy to local campaign a spell neither if I create it as new item (I use drag & drop)..

And one last question.. On Inventory I try to add a Vehicle on proper space but after added it I am unable to remove/clear it (I have no radial delete and also if I remove the text the link remain) 52425

Thank you guys..

Ive patched (you might see it this Tuesday)

#1 - that weird symbol is the answer to your second un-numbered question.
#2 - this wont be changed sorry
#3 - fixed - I think this was caused by a change in CoreRPG default fonts some time ago
#4 - fixed - as per #3
#5 - first un-numbered question - I can replicate but I have to bounce this one to Ian
#6 - fixed - see #1

Thanks for the reports.

redba
April 17th, 2022, 14:07
As always thank a lot @damend.. I promise to stay tuned!!!

Magnimost
April 17th, 2022, 14:24
There seems to be some bug with the Bonus die roll, see first example in the attached screenshot. Wrong die was eliminated. We didn't run into the problem again, so perhaps an edge case.

Also, 7E rules call for rolling only the tens-die twice. But in the second example both the tens and singles die was rerolled.

damned
April 17th, 2022, 14:27
There seems to be some bug with the Bonus die roll, see first example in the attached screenshot. Wrong die was eliminated. We didn't run into the problem again, so perhaps an edge case.

Also, 7E rules call for rolling only the tens-die twice. But in the second example both the tens and singles die was rerolled.

Thanks Magnimost Ill look into it.
If you find a repeatable case please do post.
There have been a few funky issues with bonus dice on the new dice engine...

ianmward
April 18th, 2022, 08:34

Hi Magnimost,

I took a look and I think it is working correctly, but in the edge cases it is not intuitive.

The first roll you showed was 60 dropping 50. The first number shows the total accepted roll and the second shows the discarded 10s die. In this case, both 10s dice were 50 and the units die was 10, giving a result of 60. If the other 10s die had been discarded, the result would still have been 60.
In the second roll shown the results are 32 and 80 meaning that the dice rolled were 30, 80 and 2. The 80 was discarded and the 30 and the 2 kept to give a result of 32.

I hope that makes sense.

Ian

redba
April 18th, 2022, 09:21
Again here..

Character Sheet >> Personal TAB >> the first text field [Personal Description] permit to user to manage all text related functions (text, link, list and so on) but all the remaining ones no so I am here to ask if this behavior is expected or not..

By the way some of this text field have a checkbox and other not.. so can someone explain me how is used it?? (probably I am missing somethig)..

PS: also in the Main tab of Character sheet is a truncated word (Armour aside of related field box) but maybe this could be just solved of @damded notified patch..

As always thank you guys for your precious support

damned
April 18th, 2022, 09:44
Ok queued in the SmiteWorks system is also an update to Spells as per redba bug post.
Once you see build 2022-04-18 in chat you will have the bug fixes as discussed above.

Ill look into the new ones just posted.

redba
April 18th, 2022, 10:10
Ok queued in the SmiteWorks system is also an update to Spells as per redba bug post.
Once you see build 2022-04-18 in chat you will have the bug fixes as discussed above.

Ill look into the new ones just posted.

Beautiful.. damned !!

damned
April 18th, 2022, 10:21
Hah! ianmward did the tricky one.

damned
April 18th, 2022, 10:44
Again here..

Character Sheet >> Personal TAB >> the first text field [Personal Description] permit to user to manage all text related functions (text, link, list and so on) but all the remaining ones no so I am here to ask if this behavior is expected or not..

By the way some of this text field have a checkbox and other not.. so can someone explain me how is used it?? (probably I am missing somethig)..

PS: also in the Main tab of Character sheet is a truncated word (Armour aside of related field box) but maybe this could be just solved of @damded notified patch..

As always thank you guys for your precious support

I cannot replicate your issue - i just connected to a clean campaign and created a character (as a player) and filled out all the details.

The checkbox is to track which is your key connection as per step 8 in chargen.

8 Create a Backstory
Think about your investigator and write in a few pithy entries for three to six for: Personal Description, Ideology/Beliefs, Significant People, Meaningful Locations, Treasured Possessions, and Traits. It’s not essential to have an entry for each category, but the more you are able to define, the more your investigator comes to life. Use the tables on pages 53–56 for inspiration. Pick one entry and underline or star it (*) to show that it is your investigator’s key connection (see page 45).
Note that the entries for the other categories are filled in during play.

its not a significant rule!

Ive also added Armor fix to the queue - hopefully they might sneak into Tuesdays patch.

redba
April 18th, 2022, 11:09
Hah! ianmward did the tricky one.

I am not stingy with thanks and therefore thanks also to ianmward

redba
April 18th, 2022, 11:15
I cannot replicate your issue - i just connected to a clean campaign and created a character (as a player) and filled out all the details.

The checkbox is to track which is your key connection as per step 8 in chargen.

8 Create a Backstory
Think about your investigator and write in a few pithy entries for three to six for: Personal Description, Ideology/Beliefs, Significant People, Meaningful Locations, Treasured Possessions, and Traits. It’s not essential to have an entry for each category, but the more you are able to define, the more your investigator comes to life. Use the tables on pages 53–56 for inspiration. Pick one entry and underline or star it (*) to show that it is your investigator’s key connection (see page 45).
Note that the entries for the other categories are filled in during play.

its not a significant rule!

Ive also added Armor fix to the queue - hopefully they might sneak into Tuesdays patch.

I create a new test campaign without anything loaded except for ruleset and for me the weird behavior remain..

First Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are ok

Other Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are missing

Is not a big issue but just to report

Thank you damned and also ianmward

Magnimost
April 18th, 2022, 12:09
Hi Magnimost,

I took a look and I think it is working correctly, but in the edge cases it is not intuitive.

The first roll you showed was 60 dropping 50. The first number shows the total accepted roll and the second shows the discarded 10s die. In this case, both 10s dice were 50 and the units die was 10, giving a result of 60. If the other 10s die had been discarded, the result would still have been 60.
In the second roll shown the results are 32 and 80 meaning that the dice rolled were 30, 80 and 2. The 80 was discarded and the 30 and the 2 kept to give a result of 32.

I hope that makes sense.

Ian

Thanks for the explanation. Nitpicking and rules lawyering follow, so feel free to ignore :)

In the first case, shouldn't the UI show two 60s, and just drop the other one?

In the second case, shouldn't the UI show 32 and 82, and that 82 was discarded rather than 80?

I get what you described is happening under the hood, and neither has any impact on the outcome of the roll, but would be correct from rules-perspective and less confusing.

damned
April 18th, 2022, 14:22
I create a new test campaign without anything loaded except for ruleset and for me the weird behavior remain..

First Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are ok

Other Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are missing

Is not a big issue but just to report

Thank you damned and also ianmward

I dont know the original reasoning for making description Formatted Text - probably because that is the field most likely to have the most info in it. Anyway - changing it, or the others, will break all existing characters so its probably going to stay the way it is...

damned
April 18th, 2022, 14:30
Thanks for the explanation. Nitpicking and rules lawyering follow, so feel free to ignore :)

In the first case, shouldn't the UI show two 60s, and just drop the other one?

In the second case, shouldn't the UI show 32 and 82, and that 82 was discarded rather than 80?

I get what you described is happening under the hood, and neither has any impact on the outcome of the roll, but would be correct from rules-perspective and less confusing.

Call of Cthulhu was originally (on FG at least) designed with the alternate % dice that go from 01-100 rather than 00-99.
At some stage (last year?) FG had some new dice engine handling updates which changed how the final output is shown on the screen.

The number in gray is the one that is dropped.

In case 1 the UI is showing 60 being the sum of the kept dice, a 10 and a 50. The other tens dice was also a 50 so it doesnt matter which 50 was dropped.
In case 2 the UI is showing 32 being the sum of the kept dice, a 2 and a 30. The other tens dice was an 80 and was dropped.
In case 3 the UI is showing 60 being the sum of the kept dice, a 10 and a 50. The other tens dice was a 10 - in this case it was a PENALTY dice so the lower of the 50 and 10 was discarded.

So... dice #1 is showing the total of the %dice roll - not the value of the first dice.

redba
April 18th, 2022, 16:01
I dont know the original reasoning for making description Formatted Text - probably because that is the field most likely to have the most info in it. Anyway - changing it, or the others, will break all existing characters so its probably going to stay the way it is...

Understandable and shareable .. Thanks for your interest damned

redba
April 18th, 2022, 16:51
ok damend, ianmward and all SW team all my bugs reported today are now fixed with an update..

I have no words to say thank you about this!!!
And maybe I have to admit this "community" is more like a "family" rather than a "community"..

Thank you to all of you..

Chapeau

Muagen
April 19th, 2022, 03:12
The pregen characters for The Lightless Beacon are not copying into Character records correctly. All four appear to be copied over with at least some remnant of the points that were used to build them.

damned
April 19th, 2022, 04:30
Hi Muagen

The pregens almost never comply with the standard point allocations they would have if they were PC created players.
There is no nice way to make those disappear.
Usually pre-gens will be used for one-shot type scenarios so the "unspent" points are just ignored.

Muagen
April 19th, 2022, 13:55
Thank for the swift response! I'll let my players know not to worry about it.

Magnimost
April 30th, 2022, 20:00
Possibly not a bug but a feature for chases: double-clicking on the Move in Combat Tracker as a player doesn't roll the Move dice, but it does when the GM does. Players have to double-click from their character sheet.

grimmlock
April 30th, 2022, 20:06
There is a typo on the Survival skill for the Military Officer occupation in the Pulp Cthulhu module.
https://i.imgur.com/n2swgbP.png

Magnimost
April 30th, 2022, 21:28
Another bonus roll anomaly. Definitely not a Fumble :)

damned
May 1st, 2022, 06:11
Hi Magnimost

You rolled a 60, 30, 8 and one of those was a bonus die. Its a roll under system. It has handled the dice dropping and sum totalling correctly but it looks like it might have added all 3 when calculating the Fumble. I havent been able to replicate it though...

damned
May 1st, 2022, 06:12
There is a typo on the Survival skill for the Military Officer occupation in the Pulp Cthulhu module.
https://i.imgur.com/n2swgbP.png

Thanks. I think that has been fixed before and somehow crept back in...
Luckily spelling isnt high on the Military Commanders priorities...
Though Survival probably is...

damned
May 1st, 2022, 06:12
Possibly not a bug but a feature for chases: double-clicking on the Move in Combat Tracker as a player doesn't roll the Move dice, but it does when the GM does. Players have to double-click from their character sheet.

This is standard Combat tracker across all (most at least) rulesets.

Magnimost
May 7th, 2022, 19:53
Dice issues have been going on for weeks, we ran into several of these wrong dice roll interpretations in today's session. We haven't found a consistent way to replicate, or figured out what the system does wrong in the background.

I have more, but can only have five attachments per post.

damned
May 8th, 2022, 01:51
Couple of questions -

You seem to be doing a LOT of bonus rolls?
There maybe some clue in how you are doing the rolls?
What are the exact steps you are doing to make these rolls?

Are you dragging Attacks and Skills to Hotkeys for example?
This is not recommended in many cases as it will not pick up any changes to the source values.

I need some more info - I can see your posted errors but I cannot (at least yet) replicate...

I have just done
100 bonus skill rolls
100 bonus PC target attack rolls
100 bonusnpc target attack rolls
100 penalty npc untarget attack rolls
and all reported ok.

Magnimost
May 8th, 2022, 11:06
You seem to be doing a LOT of bonus rolls?
There maybe some clue in how you are doing the rolls?
What are the exact steps you are doing to make these rolls?

The system calls for a lot of bonus and penalty rolls, especially in combat.

In combat some players drag the dice to the monster, some will have targeted it. But we've seen several cases where the bonus/penalty dice report incorrect results even with normal skill rolls, when it's just clicking on the skill level.

I just did a few tens of tries myself, and all reported correctly. Maybe this is a clue: is it possible that players' remote hosts can somehow get out of sync with the GM server, and report incorrectly due to that?

damned
May 8th, 2022, 11:16
yes I suppose that is possible
Ill keep looking - thank you

fruitbat
May 11th, 2022, 14:01
Hi,

Something weird is happening when I try to create new PCs, first some of the auto-population on the main tab isn't working, specifically SAN and Dodge but also there are no skills at all shown on the skills tab although the skill points for the chosen occupation (Artist in this case) are shown.

I have tried restarting the campaign and PC and have downloaded the latest version of the CoC rules etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to setup some PCs for a 1-shot I want to run tomorrow evening.

Thanks

damned
May 11th, 2022, 14:03
You appear to be running some extensions?

HeckoX
May 11th, 2022, 14:34
Hi,

Something weird is happening when I try to create new PCs, first some of the auto-population on the main tab isn't working, specifically SAN and Dodge but also there are no skills at all shown on the skills tab although the skill points for the chosen occupation (Artist in this case) are shown.

I have tried restarting the campaign and PC and have downloaded the latest version of the CoC rules etc.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to setup some PCs for a 1-shot I want to run tomorrow evening.

Thanks

I had the same issue and resolved it by going to options, changing the era to Modern, and then creating a new character sheet.
After that, it should work across all eras, so you can change it back to whatever (1920s?) and it will work.

fruitbat
May 11th, 2022, 14:34
Yeah, just a theme and the "always visible" one, I have tried again without them and it makes no difference.

fruitbat
May 11th, 2022, 14:36
Yup, that works! Thanks very much HeckoX!

I wonder why it happens ... but I guess I don't really care that much now it's fixed.

damned
May 13th, 2022, 00:04
I cannot replicate this.
CoC7E with no extensions -
Dodge and Sanity get filled out at Stat entry time.
Skills get auto-populated

fruitbat
May 13th, 2022, 09:17
I can't either now, seemed to be a one-off though HeckoX seems to have had the same problem. I seem to have a way of fixing it in future so I guess this goes on the "not urgent" pile. :)

damned
May 20th, 2022, 06:58
HeckoX and fruitbat are you guys running Masks?

fruitbat
May 20th, 2022, 09:07

Nope, a conversion of a published module called Star on the Shore.

HeckoX
May 21st, 2022, 11:51
Also nope from me.
Only things I had loaded was Keeper's, Player's, and Does Love Forgive.
However, in a different game with only Keeper's and Player's and zero extensions, the same issue was present; shutting down the client didn't work.
So whatever it was, it doesn't seem to have been instance or session based.

Considering some of the previous bugs I've reported, I know that the CoC ruleset has various issues with hardcoded values.
Maybe an update shifted a reference to the existing 1920 era? This error would then only appear on campaigns that pre-existed the update, and thus used the old reference. So if you're trying to test on a newly created campaign, you would never be able to re-create the error, as FGU would set the new ref on campaign creation.

Magnimost
May 25th, 2022, 19:43
After the latest update the bonus dice rolls are completely borked (e.g. 40, 50 and 7 result in 11), and penalty dice rolls work only sometimes (e.g. 00, 40 and 8 result in 6).

Magnimost
May 25th, 2022, 20:05
And whispering with /w crashes the client within seconds.

Edit: and /help

Edit 2: chases don't work - there's a red line over the Chase icon in the tracker

Egheal
May 25th, 2022, 21:16
i tried some bonus rolls on 2 different campaigns : I can confirm that it is a complete mess. Tried also the /help and /w : crash in a few seconds with this alert 52940 (excuse the quality, the alert stay for 1 or 2 seconds, then the program shut down.

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2022, 21:17
Bonus Dice
@damned had mentioned that he was looking at the bonus dice situation, and I plan to jump in and help. I've been slowly evolving the client and core code to consolidate more capabilities, so that developers of third party rulesets don't have to; and I may have triggered something.

Slash Command Crash
I just pushed a hot fix for this. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Chases
I haven't made any changes to this, so I'll have to let @damned and @ianmward take a look.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
May 25th, 2022, 21:27
Thanks for the hot fix, no more crash with slash commands.

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2022, 22:32
Just pushed another hot fix for the client to address the bonus/penalty dice issue.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
May 26th, 2022, 07:48
The dice problem is fixed, thanks for the patch!

sedgetone
May 28th, 2022, 22:10
Two little items that I've noticed of late:

* Seems that PC's added to the Combat Tracker aren't having their Armor or Attacks fields populated. NPC's seem to work fine and updating value on NPC's the changes appear on the Combat Tracker.

* Dragging the Combat Tracker or Party Sheet to the hotkeys slots, neither get text labels but it works for other buttons like Story.

I've tried to show both issues in the this screenshot:

damned
May 29th, 2022, 04:04
Hi sedgetone

Good capturing of all the needed data :)
PC data for Armor/Attacks is not copied to the CT. Attacks not copying over to CT is the same for almost all rulesets.
The other issue is a CoreRPG thing also - it does the same in 5E and other rulesets.

sedgetone
May 29th, 2022, 14:15
It's been months since I ran a game on FCU, so honesty completely forgot that. I presume the label issue is a Core issue too as I can recreate it in that ruleset too.

Mindreader
June 7th, 2022, 15:17
I think I've found a "bug", but it could just be user error.

When manually adding an NPC using Pulp Cthulhu settings, FGU is not correctly calculating the movement rates per the Pulp Cthulhu rules.

For example, when I added the Charlie Turner NPC from "Dead Man Stomp", FGU calculated his movement rate as 8. However, according to the Pulp Cthulhu rules (page 23), "if DEX and STR are each less than SIZ" then his movement rate should be 7.

I've attached images to hopefully help you make sense of what I'm trying to describe. This happens every time I manually add an NPC.

Thanks in advance!

In darkest thoughts,
Mindreader

damned
June 8th, 2022, 00:49
Hi Mindreader

Those rules are for Investigators not NPCs.
There is no Autocalc of Movement going on for NPCs as there are many examples of Monsters not "following Investigator rules".
The 8 is added as a default value but you can edit it.

Mindreader
June 8th, 2022, 12:48
Hi Mindreader

Those rules are for Investigators not NPCs.
There is no Autocalc of Movement going on for NPCs as there are many examples of Monsters not "following Investigator rules".
The 8 is added as a default value but you can edit it.

Well, that would explain it. :D

Thanks, damned. I'm still figuring this all out. I know just enough to be dangerous!

In darkest thoughts,
Mindreader

redba
July 7th, 2022, 21:59
Hi guys,
I noticed in "The Haunting" module (as per attached image and reference) a duplicate text block. It should be correct the one in the "Pushing the Rolls" block and removed the one before the "Clipping Files" link.

Thank you..

Valyar
July 11th, 2022, 06:28
Thanks, I will fix this.

Valyar
July 15th, 2022, 07:06
Module fixed. I had to update all the text due to encoding difference between FGC and FGU, which resulted in small overhaul of the reference manual to the builder standard.

redba
July 20th, 2022, 10:53
Hi @Valyar,
thank you all noted..

But the way I don't know if you are also in charge for ruleset (if not this post is to all!!).. but normally in other ruleset (I think 5e for example) when I drag and drop a entry in a category to the same category the system (correctly) duplicate the entry and append the words (copy).. This is very useful to understand what is original record and that is the new one..

In Coc 7e ITEMS management it seems this didn't work (as per following image it will work perfectly for PARCELS instead)

One last thing I know It make no difference but I try to find the best "mood" for my players so every graphic aspect is important..
Follow you will see my set up (that I love) and I have to admit that the red circled image is absolutely unwatchable as it heavily blurs and it could think about giving it a renewal ..

I love CoC and it is my "second life".. I am near 30 years that collect (I have a huge collections of original modules) and DM it..

ad maiorem cthulhu gloriam (guys)

ianmward
July 21st, 2022, 01:50
Hi redba,

Thanks for taking the time to post and help us to improve the product.

I am one of the developers of the CoC7e ruleset, so I will take a look at the issues you raised, and see what is going on.

Ian

redba
July 21st, 2022, 07:56
Hi redba,

Thanks for taking the time to post and help us to improve the product.

I am one of the developers of the CoC7e ruleset, so I will take a look at the issues you raised, and see what is going on.

Ian

Hi @ianmward,
thank you too for your kind reply.. so I take advantage to notice another weird situation and I try to mage a suggested feature (in the hope of not bothering too much!!!!):

1) Yesterday one of my player (which use Manual Dice Rolls) get following error:

This happens when in the Manual Roll Box you write the personal rolled number in the textbox and then you click the "tick" to confirm it.. after this error if you click on "dice" to roll the system work correctly.. [I tested in an empty new campaign without any ext loaded]

2) Converting a module I noticed that there is no way to manage Mythos Books and so I asked me if it is not possibile to add almost a simple way to manage them (I am not necessarily talking of a new FEATURE but at something to manage a book like a special item with the possibility to write inside all relevant entries and maybe drag&drop spells)

I know that a lot of things I ask or suggest are obtainable in other ways (near to all is possbile with a text box) but I want to imagine that you (like me) can "love" a little more a game that is still a milestone in the world of role-playing games (even if I admit to being biased)

To conclude I love Coc Ruleset and I can confirm that is absolutely confortable to play on it..

Thank you for making this possibile to you and all the other developer..

Soon

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2022, 18:22
#1 is something related to CoreRPG that I need to look into.

I'll leave #2 to @ianmward, since that is CoC specific.

Regards,
JPG

sedgetone
July 27th, 2022, 11:14
Hiya,

The Major Wound, Temporary Insanity and Indefinite Insanity indicators seem to have an issue. I pulled the latest update about 1hr ago and have no extensions loaded.

If you toggle one of them on via the relevant Character Sheet, the Party Sheet updates correctly. If the Keeper changes one of these status indicators on the Party Sheet, then it's not reflected on the Character Sheet.

Simon

sedgetone
August 14th, 2022, 10:42
CoC 7e Reference module

Occupations - Military Officer
Survival skill spelling error

Occupations - Missionary
Mechanical Repair should be Mech Repair

Occupations - New Occupation
I presume this shouldn't be there.

Occupations - Soldier
The two option skills slots should have the following First Aid, Mech Repair, or Other Language.

ianmward
August 14th, 2022, 14:29
Thank you sedgetone for taking the time to report these. We’ll get them fixed up.

Magnimost
September 3rd, 2022, 20:00
Garand M1 should be able to shoot 1 round per round, FG item list says 1/2.

ianmward
September 5th, 2022, 22:17
Garand M1 should be able to shoot 1 round per round, FG item list says 1/2.

Thanks Magnimost,

I’ll get that fixed up.

fruitbat
October 19th, 2022, 15:35
Hi, my CoC campaign seems to have developed a slightly annoying bug. The Indefinite Insanity check box for one of the Characters keeps getting activated for no apparent reason, seems to happen at the start of every session when the character is first opened.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

ianmward
October 19th, 2022, 23:07
Hi, my CoC campaign seems to have developed a slightly annoying bug. The Indefinite Insanity check box for one of the Characters keeps getting activated for no apparent reason, seems to happen at the start of every session when the character is first opened.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

Right click on the current sanity and select the option to reset session sanity. The sheet keeps track of the starting sanity and the current sanity and when it drops to less than 80% triggers the temporary insanity. At the beginning of a new session it should be reset. This doesn’t happen automatically as what constitutes a session is a little vague and up to the keeper.

The keeper can also do this from the party sheet, resetting it for all characters on the ps.

fruitbat
October 20th, 2022, 10:20
Ah, right, never spotted that before - thanks.

Nyarly Dude
October 22nd, 2022, 08:32
Pulp Cthulhu:

"NationalGuardNational Guard" 'generic character' NPC has a duplicated name.

Last paragraph in "The Pulps" chapter, beginning with "It is a tribute to..." appears twice in a row.

Nyarly Dude
October 22nd, 2022, 08:42
Pulp Cthulhu, reference manual, "archetypes" section, "Dreamer" archetype:

"Tribe Member." uses the Archetype font/size/whatever you want to call it, rather than being 'normal' text at the end of the occupation list.

ianmward
October 23rd, 2022, 00:16
Thanks Nyarly Dude, we’ll get those fixed up.

Nyarly Dude
October 23rd, 2022, 09:46
Pulp Cthulhu, reference book, "Optional:Psychic Powers" rule -- the Medium (00%) is in the normal-text font, attached to the end of the "Divination" description. Should be separate.

"Weird Science" section, "Building Gadgets" -- "performs a lowpowered function" should presumably be "performs a low-powered function".

Interesting quirk with NPC sheets for CoC 7E (with Pulp loaded and Pulp rule option on, didn't check with them off yet). If the "Race" button is checked, then values for "Build" and "MP" are not computed and instead are left at 0. This holds if I unlock then lock the record w/o making any changes. If I unlock the record, uncheck 'Race', and re-lock it, then Build and MP are calculated based on the average values. If I then unlock the record again, check the 'Race' button, and re-lock it, the calculated Build and MP are not reset to 0 but instead remain as-is.

Related, presumably unintentional: e.g. if I take the 'Bear, Black" entry, unlock it, and uncheck the Race box, the 'Dodge' value in the Combat Section (but not the Pulp Combat section, where the 'Dodge' value is left blank) is immediately calculated to be 25 based on the Dexterity of 50. However, as soon as I re-lock the record, the Combat Section's Dodge box is cleared again -- even if I left the Race box unchecked. This also holds for the 'Skeleton', although in this case the Dodge value that is populated and then unpopulated is correctly pulled from the Skills section (30%) rather than the calculating it as the base of Dex/2.

ianmward
October 23rd, 2022, 12:34
Pulp Cthulhu, reference book, "Optional:Psychic Powers" rule -- the Medium (00%) is in the normal-text font, attached to the end of the "Divination" description. Should be separate.

"Weird Science" section, "Building Gadgets" -- "performs a lowpowered function" should presumably be "performs a low-powered function".
Thanks, I’ll fix those.

Interesting quirk with NPC sheets for CoC 7E (with Pulp loaded and Pulp rule option on, didn't check with them off yet). If the "Race" button is checked, then values for "Build" and "MP" are not computed and instead are left at 0. This holds if I unlock then lock the record w/o making any changes. If I unlock the record, uncheck 'Race', and re-lock it, then Build and MP are calculated based on the average values. If I then unlock the record again, check the 'Race' button, and re-lock it, the calculated Build and MP are not reset to 0 but instead remain as-is.

Related, presumably unintentional: e.g. if I take the 'Bear, Black" entry, unlock it, and uncheck the Race box, the 'Dodge' value in the Combat Section (but not the Pulp Combat section, where the 'Dodge' value is left blank) is immediately calculated to be 25 based on the Dexterity of 50. However, as soon as I re-lock the record, the Combat Section's Dodge box is cleared again -- even if I left the Race box unchecked. This also holds for the 'Skeleton', although in this case the Dodge value that is populated and then unpopulated is correctly pulled from the Skills section (30%) rather than the calculating it as the base of Dex/2.

When the race box is checked, the npc is a template for the creature, not the actual creature. The values you mention are populated when the template is used to create an instance of that race, by dragging it to the combat tracker.

Nyarly Dude
October 24th, 2022, 09:29
"Pulp Cthulhu" book; Chapter 8, "The 1930s"
* "1930's Slang table" -- The "P" in "Wheat P" needs to be moved to the beginning of the definition (currently "erson unused to city ways").
* "The New Deal" section: "wideranging powers" should be "wide-ranging powers" in the blurb about the National Recovery Agency.
* "Alphabet Soup" section: in the "PWA and WPA" section, "infr astr ucture" -> "infrastructure"
* "Prohibition and Appeal": "twothirds" -> "two thirds"
* "Famous Criminals": "fiftyninth" -> "fifty-ninth" in the section on "Machine Gun" Kelly
* "Famous Criminals": "gunned-down" should probably be "gunned down' in the section on "Pretty Boy" Floyd
* "Famous Criminals": at the end of the section, the bit

Enemies" was used to demonize
should be preceded by

"Public "
at a minimum. Maybe there's more missing -- perhaps in the original there's something separating it from the end of the section on Barker and sons; I don't have a hardcopy or Chaosium PDF to compare.
* The Lindbergh Baby: "fifty-thousanddollar ransom" -> something between thousand and dollar. I would be inclined to think "-" would be grammatically correct, but don't have an original to check to see what was actually used.
* Daily Life/Unemployment: "onequarter" -> "one-quarter" in the first paragraph
* Daily Life/Unemployment: "deepseated" -> "deep-seated" in the last paragraph
* Entertainment/Radio: "Amos ?n Andy" -> "Amos 'n' Andy"
* Entertainment/Film: hm, "twocolor" and "threecolor" should probably be "two-color" and "three-color"
* Entertainment/Literature: suspect that

call the pulps "literature," (at least

should be

call the pulps "literature", (at least

but not certain on that.
* Another Night in Arkham/paragraph 9 (Viper): "thousanddollar smile" -> "thousand-dollar smile". Also, the entire entry appears twice in a row.

Nyarly Dude
October 24th, 2022, 10:08
"Pulp Cthulhu", Chapter 9 / NPC Pulp Talents: section is duplicated.

"Pulp Cthulhu" / "Reference / Weapon Lists":
* "Submachine Guns ( )" and "Machine Guns ( )" table titles should probably be "Submachine Guns (i)" and "Machine Guns (i)" for Impale.
* Submachine guns are listed as using "Firearms (shotgun)" rather than "Firearms (SMG)".
* Submachine guns that say "or Full auto" -> "or full auto"
* Machine guns: "Cost 20s/Modern" -> "Cost 30s"
* Explosives, Heavy Weapons, Misc: the price for the 75mm Field Gun needs checking ("$1500/-" is the 20s/Modern cost; the 30s cost should have only a single value)

Going to assume that the separate "Firearms (Rifle)" and "Firearms (Shotgun)" skill listings are like that in the original despite an unused "(R/S)" showing up in the acronyms list for "Rifle/Shotgun" and them being one skill, because the Keeper Rulebook (8th printing anyway) is also silly in this specific way. It's Chaosium's mistake, not that of the FG conversion.

Re: the "Key" section following the weapon list tables,
Don't know if the "Cost" definition is also off in the Chaosium text itself. The description here indicates "Split by 1920s / modern era" which is appropriate for Keepers / Investigator books, but not for a book in which the costs are all singular costs specific to the 1930s (apart from the 75mm artillery mentioned above, which is -- the 1920s / modern" cost for some reason).

For similar reasons, suspicious of the "Common in Era" entry existing; and "Stun" (unused here -- no Mace spray, no Taser).

The entries for "Claymore Mine", "Mace spray": these are for items not in the tables (Modern era only).

"References and Inspiration" chapter
* somewhat odd that "www.airships.net" is unique in that it's just the domain name, no mention of a web site name
* B. Schoedesack should not be separate, but instead a continuation of the King Kong entry (as in "Ernest B. Schoedsack")

Nyarly Dude
November 6th, 2022, 08:45
"Hunting Horror" NPC sheet:

Contains
Spells. Roll D100. If the result is less than the monster's INT, it knows a number of spells equal to the D100 roll.

in the top section (after Armor).

In the Notes section, it gives the correct guidance for Spells (i.e. matching print version of the Keeper's Guide) --
"Spells: Hunting horrors have a 25% chance of knowing 2D10 spells."

It also does not have a Dodge value specified, although the Keeper's Manual explicitly gives 35/17/7. While the manual does not appear to explicitly specify, I think the intent is for the listed Dodge values to be used instead of one computed from half DEX -- e.g. Insects from Shaggai have a much higher Dodge than average DEX/2 (77% vs 40), while Lions have a much worse Dodge than average DEX/2 (25% vs 47) as do Snakes (25% vs 32). This is questionable -- perhaps the computed versions should be used when the discrepancy from print would be within a couple of points (*most* monster stat blocks are), with fixed versions used for larger deviations.

(Edit: Checked snakes, lions, insects. Guess this is probably what is currently being done with the sheet. Sounds good to me.)

Nyarly Dude
November 11th, 2022, 07:22
The Derelict

Story 2.3.3 Medical Room

"Can examination area" -> "An examination area"
"more series injuries" -> "more serious injuries"

Story 2.5.0 Superstructure: Level 4 (Senior Officers' Quarters)

"level three contains the captain's cabin..." presumably should start with "level four".

.?
There are a couple of instances of ".?" where they should probably just be "." -- specifically, at the end of Story 1.0.1 and the end of Story 1.3.

There is also such a .? at the end of the skills list in the NPC sheet for the Captain's Mate.

damned
November 12th, 2022, 04:47
Thanks Nyarly Dude

will be uploading fixes to Core Rulebook for this Tuesdays patch update. More to come.

Ecks
November 21st, 2022, 16:19
In The Haunting 7E module, there are unknown characters throughout the module that need to be replaced for FGU. For example, the following characters should probably be an em dash:

Reference Manual > The Boston Globe: in the Keeper's Note section "...people they could meetXthe desk clerk..."
Reference Manual > The Central Library: in the text of Handout 4
Story 2.1 The Boston Globe
Story 2.2 The Central Library

There are more scattered throughout the Reference Manual and Story entries.

Some apostrophes may also need updating, e.g. in Handout 7 in Reference Manual > Hall of Records.

dpezet
November 27th, 2022, 14:22
I'm having an issue with one of the player maps in the module "The Haunting 7E". The map is titled "The Corbitt House Plan (Players)" and the asset name is "the-house-player.jpg". The map appears blank to me, and when I try to load it, I get the following console error:

[11/27/2022 8:56:08 AM] [ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/CHA23131COC7E/the-house-player.jpg) (*)

That is a weird error to get since the image file should be in vault/CHACOC7EFGTH.dat

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2022, 18:46
That's odd, since I'm not seeing any data that refers to "23131" in the module data.

Can you try right clicking on the image in the campaign Images list, and selecting the Revert option?

Regards,
JPG

dpezet
November 27th, 2022, 18:59
That fixed it. Sorry for the false alarm. I also noticed that several of my images had the "Edited" icon next to them, so I went through and reverted them all since I did not actually modify them. This particular campaign was created back in 2020 so maybe something weird happened during an upgrade somewhere along the way. Anyhow, thank you for your help.

Moon Wizard
November 28th, 2022, 00:52
No worries. Also, you can Revert the whole module in a campaign my opening the Modules window, right clicking on the module cover/title, and selecting Revert there.

Regards,
JPG

johnw0072
December 6th, 2022, 19:14
Horror on the orient express: Nocturne chapter

When I open this chapter, all I get is a couple of pages, it should be longer than this!

Can anyone help?

sedgetone
December 9th, 2022, 10:17
Ruleset v2022-11-11 Call of Cthulhu 7e module, Reference Manual. Appendices Equipment Lists, 1920's has a lot of character corruption in the pricing: Ï¿
Also these entries:
* Introducing Harvey Walters
* Step 4: Create a Backstory: Significant People bullet point 5
* Sample Occupations

Pulp Cthulhu manual: This has similar problems too.
* Step 4 - Determine Occupation
* Step 6 - Creating a Backstory: Significant People table, entry 5
* Culture
* Equipment Lists
* References and Inspiration
TABLE 10 and TABLE11 also have corruption in their titles

damned
December 9th, 2022, 13:10

When I open this chapter, all I get is a couple of pages, it should be longer than this!

I have passed on to the Dev who did this one.

damned
December 9th, 2022, 13:11
Ruleset v2022-11-11 Call of Cthulhu 7e module, Reference Manual. Appendices Equipment Lists, 1920's has a lot of character corruption in the pricing: Ï¿
Also these entries:
* Introducing Harvey Walters
* Step 4: Create a Backstory: Significant People bullet point 5
* Sample Occupations

Pulp Cthulhu manual: This has similar problems too.
* Step 4 - Determine Occupation
* Step 6 - Creating a Backstory: Significant People table, entry 5
* Culture
* Equipment Lists
* References and Inspiration
TABLE 10 and TABLE11 also have corruption in their titles

Yowzers!

sedgetone
December 9th, 2022, 13:34
There seems to be more in the Call of Cthulhu 7e module in the Failing a Pushed Casting Roll example panel. I'm guessing there's more but I haven't got a chance to look further. Has there been a font change or something as I swear I've not noticed this stuff before?

damned
December 9th, 2022, 14:00
I am thinking there has been something like that yes.

ianmward
December 10th, 2022, 08:05

Can anyone help?

Thanks for spotting this johnw0072, I have fixed it and submitted it to SmiteWorks for it to be pushed out.

Please let me know if you see any problems with it or any on the other modules.

Nyarly Dude
December 19th, 2022, 01:33
Dead Light issues

NB: I don't have a non-FGU version of this adventure so can't check whether this oddness matches the original text or whether there's another error here. There are some cases where I note below that phrasing or diction strikes me as extremely odd, but where one would need to check the adventure itself to know if the oddness was in the original text or whether this was a transcription error.

Story 0.1 - section heading "Converstion Notes" should be "Conversion Notes". "necesarry" should be "necessary".

Story 1.1 Multiple occurrences of "caf" that should be "café". Marys astonishment" should be "Mary's astonishment". The full phrase "Mary's astonishment over for this young woman" is grammatically odd, maybe wrong. ('Mary's astonishment regarding this young woman" would be more proper, I think.). "Marys hate" should be "Mary's hate". "Mary Lakers jealousy" should be "Mary Laker's jealousy". "the Webbs house" possibly should be "the Webbs' house". "Doctor Webbs shoulder" should be "Doctor Webb's shoulder". "strangesmelling" should be "strange-smelling". "bone deep chill" possibly should be "bone-deep chill".

Story 1.2 The "can be found on Page 25" in reference to the Dead Light's NPC stats should probably be replaced with a link to the NPC sheet.
Same for the "See the Dead Lights profile for further details (page 25)". "Physical constancy" is odd; perhaps "physical consistency"? Probably worth checking the original text. "principle vulnerabilities" should be "principal vulnerabilities". "Euclidian reality" should be "Euclidean reality". "Webbs cellar" should be "Webb's cellar". There probably should be a comma after "At the keepers discretion", and "keepers" should be "Keeper's".

Story 2.0 The "Bound by the alien phrases... sacrificial victim" leader seems out of place on this entry and seems more appropriate for an entry discussing the process of controlling the Dead Light; just a mention that control is possible (Story 1.2, Story 2.5.1, Story 3.0.0) with just a -hint- that a sacrificial victim is involved. Another 'page 19' reference should be a link instead. Another 'caf' instance missing the final letter.

Story 2.2 'caf' again. "rainsodden", possibly should be "rain-sodden".

Story 2.2.0 "middle aged" should be "middle-aged".

Story 2.3. 'caf' again.

Story 2.5. 'caf' again. "Emilias" should be "Emilia's". "single stored" probaby should be "single-storied". "colonial era property" -> "colonial-era property". "thieves attack" should be "thieves' attack". "mementoes" should be "mementos".

Story 2.5.0. "Clems pocket" should be "Clem's pocket". 'caf' again.

Story 2.5.1 "funny smelling" possibly should be "funny-smelling". "leather- bound" should be "leatherbound". It is odd that this story entry mentions a key on Webb's body, while there is no reference to it in Story 2.5.0 where Webb's body actually *is*; there probably should be a Spot Hidden roll mentioned in 2.5.0, but maybe the omission is true to the original. "doctors pocket-watch fob" should be "doctor's pocket-watch fob". "un-emotive" possibly should be "unemotive".

Story 2.5.2 "Emilia Webbs Bedroom" should be "Emilia Webb's Bedroom". "Emilias" should be "Emilia's".

Story 2.5.3 "Doctor Webbs Bedroom" should be "Doctor Webb's Bedroom".

Story 3.0 "one-byone" should be "one-by-one". Another 'caf'. "Doctor Webbs journal" should be "Doctor Webb's journal". Not sure why CMI/CMF are explained as abbreviations but MR (Mythos Rating) is not.

Story 4, Story 5 do not exist.

Story 6.0.0 "Dr. Webbs journal" -> "Dr. Webb's journal"; possibly spell out Dr. -> "Doctor" to be consistent with the rest of the text, or replace previous "Doctor Webb['s]" with "Dr. Webb['s]".

Story 7.1. "dark haired' probably should be "dark-haired". "Webbs secret" -> "Webb's secret".

Story 7.2 "hasnt" -> "hasn't".

Story 7.3 'caf' again. "12-g shotgun" should be "12-ga shotgun" or "12-gauge" shotgun. Oddity: there is a reference to the shotgun not being on his person, but it does not say where it *is*.

Story 7.4 "A shade under 5 tall" should probably be "A shade under 5' tall". "Webbs cottage" should be "Webbs' cottage". "Emilias arrival" should be "Emilia's arrival". 'caf' again. "Sam Kheelham" should be "Sam Keelham". "selfpreservation" should be "self-preservation".\

Story 7.5. "Theres so much rain" should be "There's so much rain".

Story 7.6 "Boltons criminal element" should be "Bolton's criminal element".

Story 7.7 contains a page number reference that should be replaced with a link.

NPC sheets
Renaming the section from "NPCs - Dead Light" to just "Dead Light" would make it less redundant.

All the NPC sheets including those for the Dead Light itself are missing skill % for offensive combat skills in the combat section, resulting in e.g. Brawl of 0. This is the case even after adding to the combat tracker.

The "Notes" section for "The Dead Light" could use paragraph breaks, e.g. between attacks.

Re: Billy Esterhouse's NPC sheet, "underlying insanityloss" should be "underlying insanity; loss"

The Dead Light sheet list a Build of 1 and a DB of +1d4, while the story entry 7.7 gives a Build of 2 and DB +1d6. Perhaps a conversion issue... STR+SIZ is 160, while the threshold for Build 2/DB 1d6 is 165 in 7E.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2022, 07:26
I've forwarded to the DLC developer for that product, @MadBeardMan.

Regards,
JPG

Nyarly Dude
December 29th, 2022, 23:57
Minor typo in the description of the "Charm" skill, re: pushing:

"overtly flattering the target with a ection" should be "overtly flattering the target with affection". This is only present for the Skill reference; the book text is correct.

StickClip
January 21st, 2023, 22:14
Summary: issues with Ripples of Carcosa scenarios

Ruleset(s): CoC7E

Extensions/Themes: none

Modules Loaded: Call of Cthulhu 7e, Heir to Carcosa and Adeventus Regis

Operating System / Language Setting: Linux/English

Steps to Reproduce: start a campaign and load Heir to Carcosa or Adventis Regis

I'm seeing issues in the Heir to Carcosa and Adventis Regis campaigns

Heir to Carcosa: text on 6.02 appears garbled...
There is enough ammunition for each weapon to be fully loaded. There are also three police radios. creatures investigators following Hello, turned How ever, vehi cle allow the investigators to obtain the following dios.

Also, in Adevntus Regis, many of the armor entries for the pregens don't work. The ones with "/" or "*" don't work (armor never kicks in). I'm not sure how the shield is supposed to work at negating damage.

Beside these issues, they're amazing scenarios by the way.

thanks,
John

ianmward
February 14th, 2023, 08:54
Minor typo in the description of the "Charm" skill, re: pushing:

"overtly flattering the target with a ection" should be "overtly flattering the target with affection". This is only present for the Skill reference; the book text is correct.

I have fixed this, and the fix will filter its way through soon.

Note, however, the unfortunate way this bug works is that the text is copied into the campaign on creation, meaning that the fix will not fix existing campaigns, but should stop new campaigns being affected.

Ian

johnw0072
February 27th, 2023, 20:34
Horror on the Orient Express

Neither of stories will load:

1. Death (and Love) in a Gondola - Venice
2. Cold Wind Blowing - Trieste

Also In a city of Bells and Towers: Dream Zagreb appears to be missing entirely (It is present in the book two module).

Thanks
John

ianmward
February 27th, 2023, 22:26

Also In a city of Bells and Towers: Dream Zagreb appears to be missing entirely (It is present in the book two module).

Thanks
John

Thanks for reporting these John, I’ll get them fixed up.

ianmward
March 1st, 2023, 03:50

Thanks
John

I have submitted fixes for these but unfortunately, due to a mistake on my end, only one made it into the release yesterday.
In a city of Bells and Towers: Dream Zagreb is now available in the TEST channel.
The fixed versions of the other 2 modules will be in TEST next week.

Please do take a look at the TEST version and let me know if you see anything wrong.

Thanks,

Ian

StickClip
March 1st, 2023, 04:46
just wanted to check on these. Maybe the typo was in the original scenario?

ianmward
March 1st, 2023, 06:32
just wanted to check on these. Maybe the typo was in the original scenario?
Hi StickClip, Ripples of Carcosa was converted by another developer, so I will let them reply.

StickClip
March 6th, 2023, 23:29
sounds good

Way2loco
March 7th, 2023, 00:36
I am running into an issue with my CoC 7E. When I open a character sheet, open occupations from the CoC keepers hand book. I get the error Script execution error: [string "CallOfCthulhu7E:scripts/manager_era.lua"]:361: attempt to index a nil value. And when I go to the skills tab of the character sheet is also blank.

damned
March 7th, 2023, 00:53
Hi Guys,

Im missing something here.
When I create a new campaign I cannot recreate the issue.
When I open my existing campaigns the issue does not occur.

When I create a new campaign and then edit an Era to add a new skill.
Then create a new Character the issue does not occur.

But I have two separate reports of something very similar occurring.
StickClip sent me a DB that I can replicate the error with but I cannot find the cause.

Can you guys provide any more info?

damned
March 7th, 2023, 01:08
Ok can you both check all your Eras - but probably just the Active era (default is 1920) and see if you have any blank entries [1]?

If you do either delete them, or click the link Icon [2] and add at least a Name and reload the table and retest?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56621&d=1678151291

ianmward
March 7th, 2023, 07:41
Ok can you both check all your Eras - but probably just the Active era (default is 1920) and see if you have any blank entries [1]?

If you do either delete them, or click the link Icon [2] and add at least a Name and reload the table and retest?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56621&d=1678151291

One thing that is wrong here is the Credit Rating Skill dropdown at the top, this should NOT be Survival... it should be Credit Rating in normal campaigns. All characters need to have that skill for things to work correctly.

I'm not sure if this is causing your current problems but you should fix it anyway.

damned
March 7th, 2023, 14:36
I think Ive found the issue/fix. Pushed to SmiteWorks - with some luck it will be available in the next 24 hours.

Magnimost
March 18th, 2023, 21:44
Artificer bonus dice don't show up as Artificer bonus dice, but normal dice. Only tested with custom colors.

damned
March 19th, 2023, 01:17
This is a bug with the Artificer Dice and will be fixed at the end of March (its not a Call of Cthulhu bug).

Griffin911
April 28th, 2023, 02:17
Opened up my Call of Cthulhu game for play and none of my players have their skills on the character sheet. The points are in the edit section but not in the skills and players can't roll from the editing page. Some combat skills are still represented on the face page. 57191 5719257193

damned
April 28th, 2023, 02:20
Hi Griffin911 can you please confirm when you ran the updater? Can you rerun? Some updates were pushed a few hours ago.

damned
April 28th, 2023, 02:39
Sorry Griffin911 looks like that error is still there.
Some changes to the FG plumbing on Tuesday have broken a couple of things in Call of Cthulhu.
One was fixed last night - this is newly reported.
I can confirm it is broken here for me.
Ill see if we can get on top of it.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2023, 03:11
Pushed a hotfix for the skills list issue reported.

Griffin911
April 28th, 2023, 04:19
Pushed a hotfix for the skills list issue reported.

Thanks much, my players were troopers and we played through, but thank you for responding and repairing it so quick!

sedgetone
April 28th, 2023, 09:39
Party Sheet edit list error, unable to remove players:

[ERROR] Script execution error; [string "C:ps main:list iedit"]:23: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value).

Replication Steps:
1. Create a new CoC7E campaign
2. Open party sheet
3. Press the edit list button
Note, you get the same if you have a character on the sheet too.

damned
April 28th, 2023, 13:51
Thanks sedgetone will look at it as soon as i can.

Moon Wizard
April 28th, 2023, 16:59
Thanks for reporting. I've pushed a hot fix to address this issue with CoC7. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Also, you can always check to see if you can remove an item from a list with the right click menu, to bypass control interaction issues.

Regards,
JPG

sedgetone
April 29th, 2023, 09:56
Thanks for reporting. I've pushed a hot fix to address this issue with CoC7. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Also, you can always check to see if you can remove an item from a list with the right click menu, to bypass control interaction issues.

Regards,
JPG

Yup the right-click method was what I used in the end. I've just installed the latest updates and the issue is resolve, thanks JPG!

TrentLane
June 15th, 2023, 14:26
Seems like the "activation" button has disappeared from the Modules section.

Trenloe
June 15th, 2023, 14:33
Seems like the "activation" button has disappeared from the Modules section.
Which theme are you running?

TrentLane
June 15th, 2023, 14:40
The Art Deco Theme, thanks for the hint, just tested it and that seems to cause the error.

SeaSandz
June 25th, 2023, 13:44
While loading Masks of Nyarlothep theme i get this error when i disable the theme i do not get the error.

Thanks for the help57945

damned
June 25th, 2023, 14:18
You will need to post that on the theme thread.
I dont think it will cause any issues other than the error message.

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2023, 17:09
I just pushed a hot fix to address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

TrentLane
June 29th, 2023, 14:32
Encountered this strange behaviour when trying to open any Reference Manual
No extensions loaded, and just ran the latest update.

damned
June 29th, 2023, 14:58
Im not seeing this in the Live build or the Queued build... is anyone else getting this error?

damned
June 29th, 2023, 15:03
OK I can see this error not when opening a Refman but if you open the link to a specific page in the reference manual (eg like a Story entry) this happens

damned
June 29th, 2023, 15:08
But Im not seeing what is causing this... :(

TrentLane
June 29th, 2023, 15:26
OK I can see this error not when opening a Refman but if you open the link to a specific page in the reference manual (eg like a Story entry) this happens

Yes, sorry that is exactly what I meant. The Ref manual opens, but "popping out" pages causes the error

SeaSandz
June 29th, 2023, 16:07
I just pushed a hot fix to address this. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you is all fixed!

damned
June 29th, 2023, 23:53
Im still seeing the error - where was the MW quote from?

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2023, 03:00
Just pushed an update for the reference manual content popout error. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 30th, 2023, 03:10
Thanks Moon Wizard that has done the trick!

sedgetone
June 30th, 2023, 08:05
v2023-06-24| The NPC to PC function seems to be working for all the skills and Unarmed is being mapped to Fighting Brawl, Dodge is carried over too. Personal Description is populated with the Appearance description, but if the NPCs appearance isn't filled in the Personal Description box disappears on the PC record.

(A huge thank you Ian for fixing this!)

ianmward
July 4th, 2023, 09:03
v2023-06-24| ...Personal Description is populated with the Appearance description, but if the NPCs appearance isn't filled in the Personal Description box disappears on the PC record.

I just pushed a hotfix for the disappearing Personal Description box, so it should be fixed tomorrow...

Moon Wizard
July 4th, 2023, 17:11
I just pushed a new build for this ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

sedgetone
July 28th, 2023, 16:07
Call of Cthulhu rule book - Equipment Lists, 1920
Has a lot of corrupted characters.

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2023, 00:49
I just pushed an update to fix the messed up character issue in that module.

Regards,
JPG

smokebadger
September 12th, 2023, 21:51
Ive found several problems with the various themes for the 7e ruleset.
The Pulp Theme the character window is too narrow and you cant widen it , its fine with no theme.
The theme that comes with masks of nyarlathotep then firearms and hand weapons table that come with the investigators guide the colours are dark grey background with black text , unreadable.
The Art Deco theme loads with a whole bunch of errors.
Ive got screenshots of all of these I will try and upload

Moon Wizard
September 14th, 2023, 00:39
These are products supported by other developers; but I took a look at the ones sold in the FG Store to help out.

1. MoN theme - Fixed the list to use a different frame for the weapons reference window. The ruleset developer needs to rewrite that window class to work better with themes to get it looking any better. (CoC7E is maintained by @damned and @ianmward.)
2. Pulp theme - Fixed the character sheet too narrow issue.
3. Art Deco theme - Not a store theme, but distributed by a community developer on the forum and outside of my control. (@MadBeardMan) This looks like a copy of the MoN theme, so you should just use that one. Not even sure this is supposed to be in the Forge, since it's part of a store product.

Please run a new Check for Updates to get the fixes for the first two themes.

Regards,
JPG

ianmward
September 14th, 2023, 01:38
1. MoN theme - Fixed the list to use a different frame for the weapons reference window. The ruleset developer needs to rewrite that window class to work better with themes to get it looking any better. (CoC7E is maintained by @damned and @ianmward.)

Thanks Moon Wizard, we will take a look at the offending window class.

sedgetone
October 14th, 2023, 12:33
Tis the season for all things spooky, so I started to put together vampire themed scenario. Only thing is I noticed a problem with Vampire, the dodge values seem to have vanished from it and most of the other NPC records! I only have the CoC7e core rules and reference loaded, no other modules or extensions.

Ruleset 2023-08-29
FGU v4.4.3

HeckoX
October 14th, 2023, 13:27
Ruleset 2023-08-29
FGU v4.4.3

Also an issue with
CoC Ruleset 2023-07-04
FGU v4.4.3

From what I can tell, it's unable to fetch a value, so it prefills it with default, which is 0 (blank). It's not setting NULL values, since rolling dodge does not produce a NULL reference error.

ianmward
October 15th, 2023, 06:57
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take a look.

ianmward
October 16th, 2023, 07:22
Hi sedgetone & Hecko,

It seems to be working for me. As Vampire is a Rase, not a creature, the stats are rolled for the instances of the Race and as Dodge is Dev/2, it doesn't calculate until created.
Though the Dodge is blank on the base NPC, when you drag it to the combat tracker, it rolls the stats and calculates the dodge.

If this is not happening for you, please let me know and I will investigate.

sedgetone
October 16th, 2023, 20:29
My bad Ian, thank you for clarifying. 95% of the time I use NPCs I make myself rather out of the ruleset records.

q00t
October 21st, 2023, 22:19
Hi, I'm currently having problems with the CoC character sheet inventory, specifically the "Artifacts and Books" section. If I drag and drop an item into this section it doesn't populate properly, it just creates several blank new items. If the item is dragged from the main part of the inventory it is removed and lost from there. Sometimes an error message gets printed to the console, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone any ideas how to add books to this section please?

Moon Wizard
October 24th, 2023, 17:21
Thanks for reporting. I have patched this for both the CoC6 and CoC7 rulesets. Please run a new Check for Updates to grab the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

q00t
October 24th, 2023, 18:50
Thanks for reporting. I have patched this for both the CoC6 and CoC7 rulesets. Please run a new Check for Updates to grab the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

No worries! Have just updated and it appears to be fixed. Thanks very much!

Egheal
November 22nd, 2023, 17:11
Salutations,
opening the Inventory tab in the party sheet I got this alert: 59343
Test channel, no extension, CoC7 ruleset

ianmward
November 23rd, 2023, 02:26
Hi Egheal, thanks for the heads up. We’ll take a look.

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2023, 02:41
I got this one. The party sheet was the latest top-level window to get an overall for easier theming as well as the new window menu button strip implementation. I'll take a look and get it fixed up.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 24th, 2023, 01:08
I've pushed a fix for this to the Test channel.

Regards,
JPG

CassMerry
December 28th, 2023, 05:23
Three issues found:

Should be pretty easy to replicate, the impale toggle at the bottom of the screen only toggles the effect for the next damage roll, but keeps the button toggled until you toggle it off doing nothing. Seems it should either untoggle after the damage roll or have the toggle effect persist

Also, in the party sheet if the GM tries to roll any character stats it fails and shows an error failing to index field 'hiderollresults', i've attached the logs.

Seperate and I assume it's just a ui descision but wanted to check, is it just a me thing or is the movement modification box placed really awkwardly to make it hard to roll or untick the movement boxes for everyone?

Additional issue found
A more notable bug, when setting an alternate skill as the Credit Rating skill in the Era window, the alternate skill does not get marked as an occupational skill when occupations are added to the character sheet, so the default value is not set and points have to be manually added in the advancement column to get any points in it, adding a lot of confusion in point cost talleys.

Elvedui
January 11th, 2024, 16:59
I am having issues with the character sheet. When you pick a profession and drag it to the sheet you often pick occupation skills. The non standard ones are in drop down menus. Those drop down or choice skills can be marked as occupational, but the sheet doesn't recognize those as occupational and therefore tracks the points spent improperly. Additionally, I just hit a box (credit rating) and all the points spent switched to the middle column and out of the occupational box.

damned
January 11th, 2024, 21:16
Make sure you are setting your haracter up in the correct order.
https://diehard-gaming.com/call-of-cthulhu/
See Customize your Occupation for handling specialties properly.

Feroand
January 13th, 2024, 10:10
Hello.
I believe there is a problem with the pre-generated characters of this module: Ripples From Carcosa - Heir to Carcosa
There is no story entry on Damien Gunn. I am adding a sample character beside it.

q00t
January 17th, 2024, 23:15
Hi, I couldn't see this reported elsewhere, but it looks like the character sheet tabs are cutting into the display area and truncating the boxes a bit - dunno if its possible to add a bit of a margin to the right hand side or something?

(apologies, I don't appear to be able to upload an image for some reason)

damned
January 17th, 2024, 23:27
Image uploads dont appear to be working right now.
Are you running a theme?
Any tab in particular?

q00t
January 17th, 2024, 23:30
Ah yeh, I hadn't thought of that (quite new to fantasy grounds). I am; FG: Wood - if I turn off all of the extensions/themes etc it goes to the default white sheet, then that does seem to fit better.

It seems to be all of the tabs that are affected, but its most noticeable on the Main/Skills/Inventory

Are themes like FG: Wood generally considered to be supported?

damned
January 18th, 2024, 01:52
Unfortunately they are not guaranteed to work. Every ruleset has different coding layouts and the themes cannot always accommodate everything. The CoC sheet is pretty full/busy.

Egheal
January 20th, 2024, 20:44
As noted by Qoot on another thread the Big Portrait extension resolve this glitch with the wood theme.

I think there is a little problem in the CT (new campaign, no Extension, vanilla theme): the chase button is on top of the CT Menu button.
Thanks Damned for all your great work.

damned
January 21st, 2024, 03:19
As noted by Qoot on another thread the Big Portrait extension resolve this glitch with the wood theme.

I think there is a little problem in the CT (new campaign, no Extension, vanilla theme): the chase button is on top of the CT Menu button.
Thanks Damned for all your great work.

Cant upload image but I moved it to the right of Menu.
Should be available on Tuesday.
Thanks for report.

damned
January 22nd, 2024, 21:15
The fix is available now.

sedgetone
January 23rd, 2024, 14:26
Resetting the Turn Order via the MENU on the Combat Tracker will cause the Init values to be cleared from all listed entries. You can get the values back by clicking the Readied Firearm box.

damned
January 23rd, 2024, 21:00
Thanks sedgetone Ill check that out tonight!

sedgetone
January 26th, 2024, 13:40
Seems there's a bug with the Party Sheet, script execution errors if your try and roll a characters skill. These are super handy, would be great to get them back.

Script execution error: [string "C:ps_mainitem:spot"]:16: attempt to index field 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2024, 19:12
Just pushed a hot fix that should address this issue.

Regards,
JPG

sedgetone
January 26th, 2024, 19:56
Thanks Moon Wizard, seems to be fixed for skill but not it's still broken for character attributes and luck on the part sheet.

Moon Wizard
January 26th, 2024, 20:36
Ok, just committed hot fix for those fields as well.

Regards,
JPG

Leovor
February 14th, 2024, 00:36
Horror on the Orient Express module. the chapter Sanguis Omnia Vincet has an entire story section missing The Voorish Temple and everything that comes after that. Basically it ends at the Attack at the Ghillian Outpost. NPCs and IMages are there but no story entries.

ianmward
February 14th, 2024, 08:20
Thanks for spotting that Leovor, I’ll take a look and fix it up.

ianmward
February 14th, 2024, 09:40
I have found the problem and pushed a fix to Smiteworks, apologies for the inconvenience.

sedgetone
February 17th, 2024, 13:33
Hi,

I'm playing around with CoC7E in the latest test release, on loading a campaign that works quite happily in main I get a string of script execution errors on opening Story.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2024, 06:10
It looks like you are running the Test version of the ruleset code with the Live version of the FG client. Since the new ruleset code uses new APIs in FG v4.5.0, you'll need to be running both the FG test version for both application and rulesets.

If your versions are not matching up; make sure that the shortcut that you use to start FG is pointing to the same folder as the FG application folder in the FG Settings.

Regards,
JPG

Egheal
March 9th, 2024, 10:42
It probably belongs here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?80660-new-initiative-tracker-visual-bug
Sorry for the cross posting in Alien rpg thread and general House of healing, I think it is a Ruleset related bug.
please feel free to delete it if needed.

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 03:22
I was going through character creation with one of my players using the pulp cthulhu extension, and we ran into some nasty issues, (these screenshots are from me trying to reproduce these issues locally for debugging purposes)

This is the first issue I am able to consistently reproduce, I'm not sure if I was able to reproduce this with the player:

open a new character sheet as gm
go to skills tab
open the same character sheet as a player
go to skills tab

when the second user loads the skills tab, one of the skills tabs breaks, can be host or client

Upon restarting, the skills appear to come back, but the empty ones have to be repaired manually.

Next issue, this is the one that caused us to have to restart multiple times:

GM go to skills tab
player open same sheet as gm
player go to skills tab (to trigger load)
player or GM go to personal tab
drop an occupation on the occupation section (I was for sure able to reproduce it with the big game hunter occupation)
edit any skill that requires text-based inputs in the window that pops up (not sure if this also happens with the dropdown selections)
observe skills tab on either host or client

The skills keep popping in and out, likely because there's a change listener triggering simultaneously on the client and host. this also causes fgu to lag out until the client logs out. It throws an error on the gm side when they do.

Another issue we had (no picture this time, it's easy to reproduce though)

GM and player open the same character sheet
GM and Player go to personal tab
GM or Player drop a talent onto the talent section
Compare the name text for the talent between the GM and the Player, one is blank, the other is not

Another similar issue exists with dropping a weapon onto the inventory tab (one of them is blank), equipping it, and observing the weapon on the main tab. Nothing shows up on the main tab for the one that's blank.

I am on the Live branch

ianmward
March 28th, 2024, 07:58
Hi Nightstride, thanks for taking the time to reproduce and report these.

I'll take a look and see if we can sort them out.

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 16:56
these issues may be related to a desync issue that fg appears to be having in general right now. I've seen the issue in 3 different rulesets (COC, RED, and 5e)

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 19:51
Moon pushed a fix, and it appears to have resolved the worst of the issues above. Things appear to be a little fiddly with the occupation editable skills, but otherwise it's manageable.

ianmward
March 29th, 2024, 00:25
Thanks for the update. I’ll look at the occupation skills.

ianmward
March 29th, 2024, 07:15
I can't seem to reproduce the problem with the occupation skills ant more, can you check if it still happens now?