PDA

View Full Version : 5E Dead instead of Dying in CT for NPCs

ZoranDob
July 31st, 2021, 08:48
I'm wondering if there is an extension or way to have NPCs treated as dead instead of dying when they hit 0 HP. My main reason for wanting this is so CT skips them in the initiative order during battle once they reach 0 HP. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2021, 09:52
I'm not sure the NPC status would make any difference to whether they are skipped or not. The skip option only skips NPCs that aren't visible on the CT. I don't think it matters if they are dead or not.

johnecc
July 31st, 2021, 11:06
There is a Skip Dead extension on Dmsguild that will do what you want.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2021, 18:28
There are also extensions that will replace dead NPCs with blood splatters. Depends on why you want to leave the dead NPCs around, I usually just delete them from the CT.

superteddy57
July 31st, 2021, 21:29
MOD: Moved to 5e forums

ZoranDob
August 1st, 2021, 03:57
I think I will try the Skip Dead extension. I just want to be able to have any dead NPCs out of the way without deleting them from the CT. Especially if they have any loot that needs to be checked for after the encounter.

mattekure
August 1st, 2021, 17:38
I think I will try the Skip Dead extension. I just want to be able to have any dead NPCs out of the way without deleting them from the CT. Especially if they have any loot that needs to be checked for after the encounter.

Skip Dead pairs well with this free one, Clear Dead. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66240-5E-Clear-Dead While combat is active, skip dead bypasses any dead NPCs, and when combat is finished, you can click clear dead to remove all dead from the CT.

MrDDT
August 3rd, 2021, 06:27

At Mattekure said both those exts are good.
You can also look at Death Indicator (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)

You can use this for NPC to not be dead, but also be dead when they die.