PDA

View Full Version : And then depression set in...

richvalle
August 15th, 2007, 19:04
So, now that all the hobiest gamers have gone off to Gencon, what are the rest of us going to do? :)

rv

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 19:30
So, now that all the hobiest gamers have gone off to Gencon, what are the rest of us going to do? :)

rv

Drink copious amounts of beer, and wish we were there?

I know that's what I doin....sooo much hate in my heart right now....

"Nooobody knows.....the trouble I seen....noooobody knows....but jesuuuussss"

richvalle
August 15th, 2007, 20:10
Since our normal FG Thursday night game is lost due to gencon I'm going to run 'The pleasure prison of the B'thuvian demon whore' for 2 of my players (and thus the 'casual gamers' referance in the title for those of you that have seen 'Fear of Girls').

And the above post by Kalan made me laugh quite hard. :)

rv

Oberoten
August 16th, 2007, 00:56
... sacrificing innocent bystanders to Cthulhu in exchange for the secrets of LUA?

Thore_Ironrock
August 16th, 2007, 02:35
FYI ... there is 100% humidity here and 80+ degree temps, and my feet hurt already and it's only Wednesday!

Still ... wish you were all here. :)

... drinking beer for you all right now ...

Cheers!

richvalle
August 16th, 2007, 03:10
My hat of Thore knows no bounds!

:)

Have a good and successfull Gencon Thore! Say 'hi' to Al for me. :)

Mellock
August 16th, 2007, 08:28
I'm going to run 'The pleasure prison of the B'thuvian demon whore' for 2 of my players.

rv

Doesn't it scare you that I know that that is a 1 on 1 adventure? :D

Griogre
August 16th, 2007, 18:57
Doesn't it scare you both even more that I know most 1 on 1s can be run with a party? ;)

richvalle
August 16th, 2007, 19:17
Yeah, that was the work I was doing last night... bumping up the module to work for 2.

I am an Elite DM after all!

:)

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 17th, 2007, 01:52
RICH ... DUDE ... I just found out today exactly WHO you are. :)

Al, Donna, and Greg all say HELLO from the show, and Al said something about the fact he was glad you were home instead of him, and that your Thurs game has been lacking lately ... or something like that. FYI, I've known Al for ages and he can probably tell you some amusing stories about when he used to DM for me years back with the RPGA, and I would give him all of the groups with the good looking ladies in them. Make sure to ask him about all of his stripper stories, if he hasn't told them to you already. :)

Anyway, I'm supposed to let you know they bought you my new Complete SRD package today.

Hope to see you here next year Rich, make Al work next time.

Cheers

richvalle
August 17th, 2007, 05:39
LOL

Thanks Kevin!

Its not (well, not totally) Al/work that keeps me here but having 3 youngish kids.

I made the last 2 Gencons at the small college in Wis and EVERY Gencon in Milwakee. Used to go up with Al and friends on Wed and stay till Sunday for the drive back to Chicago.

At the end, with 2 kids here and one more on the way I was just driving up on Sat with my oldest for the day. She still asks me when we are going back to 'the game place'.

Making the drive to Indy just seems too long for a one day stay and don't have the time or $$ to spend the week there.

Some day I'll make it back. And you can buy me that drink you owe me. :P

Glad to hear about the SRD. I'll be buying the SW ruleset in the near future from you as well. :)

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 17th, 2007, 14:02
LOL

Thanks Kevin!

Its not (well, not totally) Al/work that keeps me here but having 3 youngish kids.

I made the last 2 Gencons at the small college in Wis and EVERY Gencon in Milwakee. Used to go up with Al and friends on Wed and stay till Sunday for the drive back to Chicago.

At the end, with 2 kids here and one more on the way I was just driving up on Sat with my oldest for the day. She still asks me when we are going back to 'the game place'.

Making the drive to Indy just seems too long for a one day stay and don't have the time or $$ to spend the week there.

Some day I'll make it back. And you can buy me that drink you owe me. :P

Glad to hear about the SRD. I'll be buying the SW ruleset in the near future from you as well. :)

rv

You know Rich ... if you have Al buy it for you at the show the price is cheaper, plus you get two extra adventures and tokens. :D

... I owe you a drink?

richvalle
August 17th, 2007, 14:45
Hmm, alright! If you see him tell him to buy it for me. He owes me a dollar from a Gencon about 15 years ago so with interest we'll be even. :P

The drink thing was a joke... I've been saying for a while now that I should buy you a beer (and hear the WoTC stories I think). I just flipped it on you. :)

Have a good day,

rv

Thore_Ironrock
August 18th, 2007, 01:43
Hey Rich ... I think Al is avoiding me so he doesn't have to spend the money on ya. :)