PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Portals Revamped Not adding into FG when updating.

Tanklin Kregin
July 31st, 2021, 03:37
Hello
I have purchased many items from the Forge and they are working fine. Just the Portals is not showing up. Let me know what I can do if anything.

Ty in advance!
Tanklin

Kelrugem
July 31st, 2021, 14:38
Hello
I have purchased many items from the Forge and they are working fine. Just the Portals is not showing up. Let me know what I can do if anything.

Ty in advance!
Tanklin

Did you check with the developer of said extension? They may have configured its build wrongly in the forge :)

Tanklin Kregin
July 31st, 2021, 15:32
Did you check with the developer of said extension? They may have configured its build wrongly in the forge :)

Yes I did, Rob said to check with The Forge folks as he did all he could do on his end or that he did it right. I first checked with Rob and Diablobob who mad the ext/mod.

Tanklin

Just got another ext.(CSV Table Importer Mk) and it is not showing up either. So I figure it has something to do with my FG. I need you help to figure this out pls.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2021, 18:37
Are you running FGU on the live channel? The Forge does not work with FGC. And if you are not in the Live channel, the Forge will only download extensions marked for a specific channel.

Tanklin Kregin
July 31st, 2021, 20:51
Are you running FGU on the live channel? The Forge does not work with FGC. And if you are not in the Live channel, the Forge will only download extensions marked for a specific channel.

Yes FGU, nothing has changed for the other 7 ext/mods updated earlier, some at the same tome. No broadcasting, just private games.

Zarestia
July 31st, 2021, 23:48
Yes FGU, nothing has changed for the other 7 ext/mods updated earlier, some at the same tome. No broadcasting, just private games.

Does the number of extensions in your Forge inventory equal the number of extensions shown in the FGU updater when you run "Check for Updates"?

If yes, check your extension and vault folder. The names in vault are encrypted, the developer should be able to tell you it's "id".
If no, then there is either something broken in those extensions or in the Forge (download).

Offtopic rant: Always nice if the devs/publisher sit in their discord and can't be bothered to post/help their cusotmers in a public forum :) Makes it harder for everyone affected and less transparent.

EDIT:
Just subscripted to the CSV extension. Updates and shows for me instantly if I create/load a supported extension. It downloaded to the extension subfolder. Look there via windows explorer.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2021, 23:51
The channel setting doesn’t have anything to do with broadcasting/streaming. Check in the settings - advanced tab. What is the channel showing - live or test?

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 03:08
The channel setting doesn’t have anything to do with broadcasting/streaming. Check in the settings - advanced tab. What is the channel showing - live or test?

Live, have not changed it. I bought other ext./mods at the same time. I don't see either 1 in the ext. tab

Trenloe
August 1st, 2021, 06:42
What ruleset is your campaign set for where you try to load an extension?

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 06:45
What ruleset is your campaign set for where you try to load an extension?

5E Lol added more letters cause 5E was to short.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2021, 07:49
I don't have the Portals Revamped extension, but I have the CSV table importer.

When you are on the load campaign screen, the extension appears as "CoreRPG- CSV Table Importer" - can you run an update and double check for that?

If you still can't see it, go to your FG app data directory (click the folder icon in the top right of the FG launcher), open FGUpdaterEngine.log in a text editor and search for 2bbeb32e-d54e-11eb-8c52-0050562be458 (this is the reference ID of the CSV Table Importer product). You should see that listed in a section after "Getting Forge subscriptions..."

The identifier for the Portals Revamped extension is 05848d44-ec34-11eb-8c52-0050562be458 - you could search for that too.

If you're still having issues, please attach your FGUpdaterEngine.log here after running an update, so we can check to see if that indicates what the issue may be.

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 15:11
This is what is in log before starting a new session.

1 Response received:

{"channels":[{"channelID":"3","channelName":"Dev"},{"channelID":"1","channelName":"Live"},{"channelID":"6","channelName":"Prev"},{"channelID":"2","channelName":"Test"}]}
OnApplicationQuit()
e: OnApplicationQuit - Could not find shell C:\FG Unity\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe To self-update!

No CSV file in list or its Id #(long #you gave me), same fore the Portals. (besides How and where do I conduct this seach for the ID#, not sure what to do here). I know where the ext list is and did nopt find the files there.

Hello Trenloe
TY for the help, I hit the update button on my own and it droped the Portal and the CSV fill into my ext. folder. The other files updated on their own with out me hitting the update button, so I don't why this happened. Am I supposted to hit the update button when it does not come up automatically. I'M sorry for the hassle, I hope this didn't put you out to much if this was something I was supposed to know before bugging all of you with, as you all help so much ( unlike other companies where you to wait along time for help if any)

Zacchaeus
August 1st, 2021, 15:45
Whenever you make a new purchase from the store or steam, or subscribe to something in the forge you must update FGU so those purchases or subscriptions will be installed on your computer. The Update button should be red when you start FGU if it detects something has been purchased or subscribed to since you last started FGU.

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 16:25
Hello Zacc
Ty for the advice. I will do so from now on. Up until this point everything was auto or I installed (say GM" Guild), Other products from the Forge had updated auto so I thought something was wrong. Also the button was not red, I will always click it now when I add or change something, as I don't like to bother folks cause they have lots of thing to do also.

Ty you all so much for the help, You guys/gals are awesome!:cool:

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 16:29
Also Some of the file down loaded from the Forge have readme's, where do they get sent or if I should just go the the forum's to find the info I need, pls.

Zacchaeus
August 1st, 2021, 17:50
Also Some of the file down loaded from the Forge have readme's, where do they get sent or if I should just go the the forum's to find the info I need, pls.

I can't say for sure but the obvious place to look would be in the extensions folder.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2021, 17:54
Up until this point everything was auto or I installed (say GM" Guild), Other products from the Forge had updated auto so I thought something was wrong.
Nothing auto updates without you either manually installing the files or pressing the update button.

And, currently, the "Check for Updates" button doesn't turn red for Forge products.

Tanklin Kregin
August 1st, 2021, 18:39
Nothing auto updates without you either manually installing the files or pressing the update button.

And, currently, the "Check for Updates" button doesn't turn red for Forge products.

Ty for the reply, I will look for them. Have a great day.

SteveStewart332
August 14th, 2021, 10:33
I have added one of the extensions to my Forge Inventory, ran an update, and can't see the extension on the list. I have a feeling I missed a step somewhere?