PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand logs and errors

foxkoby
July 30th, 2021, 23:53
Hi!

I've been running FGU for about a year now. Every now and then whenever I start a new campaign or something, a lot of different errors pop-up. I'm just trying to understand what they mean based on the log.

Right now I'm getting this one:

[7/30/2021 6:48:15 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 27.3993138

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[7/30/2021 6:48:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/data_library_com.lua"]:3: attempt to call field 'showDockTitleText' (a nil value)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Any tips or any directions what to look for or read would be appreciated.

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2021, 03:04
The first thing to check would be extensions. Test in a new campaign without any extensions and if you get no errors add in each extension one at a time until you get the error and you’ll have found the culprit.

LordEntrails
July 31st, 2021, 18:32
The log is telling you where the error is (or begins) in the code.

For instance

[7/30/2021 6:48:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/data_library_com.lua"]:3: attempt to call field 'showDockTitleText' (a nil value)

That tells you the error is in the file called "data_library_com.lua" That file may exists inside an extension or a ruleset.
The error is with a call to the field (i.e. attribute) called "showDockTtileText"

The last line is telling you there is an error on line 3 of the file Debug.binding.h
But I'm suspicious of that one as it does not look like a normal FG file.