PDA

View Full Version : New player here (GMT -5)

vman456
August 15th, 2007, 17:41
Hey guys,

I recently acquired Fantasy Grounds and I would really love it if I could get myself involved in a campaign or two. I have only played PnP D&D once, and it was when I was very young. I loved it, no doubt, but I could never find anyone else to play with after that. So, I'm not exactly familiar with the advanced rules, basically most of my knowledge comes from playing games like the Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and Neverwinter Nights series.

I am a fast learner and would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a chance. I love roleplaying and the fantasy setting has captured my heart.

Please let me know either through this thread, a PM, or an e-mail.
You can contact me at:
[email protected]

I look forward to any responses, thank you. I can generally play on any weeknight and sunday night, however, I am willing to sacrifice my social life a little if I need to session on a Saturday. :P

vman456
August 16th, 2007, 01:39
Anyone? :(

Griogre
August 16th, 2007, 06:23
Keep an eye on the guild house messageboards. Most people who are running a starting campaign at first level don't mind a new player. Past a certain level new players kill not only themselves but the rest of the group, so people won't want a new player with a game at those levels so just keep looking. You are in a good timezone and should be able to find something.

Tokuriku
August 16th, 2007, 08:36
Here is my anouncement of a game, see if it fits you :)
It would be friday night games for you!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6957

vman456
August 16th, 2007, 17:46
I would love to play with you Kenshin, but I don't think that time is plausible for me.

If I did the math correctly, ASSUMING you meant 12 pm to 4 pm rather than am, I would start with you guys at 10pm on the Friday, correct? The problem with this is I usually don't stay up very late if I'm at home, and I'm usually out with my buddies on fridays, though I would be willing to sacrifice that if the time schedule was a little bit more flexible.

I greatly appreciate the offer Kenshin, but unfortunately that is a difficult time for me. :(

Griogre
August 16th, 2007, 19:03
No his game is really a Midnight to 4 AM game but he is in Asia, I believe that will push it to about 7PM to 11PM Friday Nights for you. You are GMT -5 and he gave his game time in GMT.

vman456
August 16th, 2007, 19:33
Oh, then in that case, I will most likely be able to play!

Tokuriku
August 17th, 2007, 00:39
Yeah, gave GMT to be sure everyone could figure the time for their timezone. I understand now that it's a bit disconcerting because I say just after that I'm in japan.

I play saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
America (gmt-5) plays friday 7:00 to 11:00 in winter time
and 8:00 to 12:00 pm I believe in summer time :)
Sorry, I didn't mention that too. I'm not sure if GMT has summer time but here in japan there is none so there's a 1 hour time difference. Once i make a gaming calendar here, there won't be any confusion anymore :)

vman456
August 17th, 2007, 19:15
Kenshin, do you have MSN messenger?

Tokuriku
August 18th, 2007, 00:44
No I do not.
I do not have an msn account because.. well I type a lot of stuff in japanese and in french in my emails. Hotmail screws these up bad, they use a different encoding for each language. I use gmail because they encode all their stuff in UTF-8 wich let's you type in all the languages in the world at the same time in the same email if you want without screwing you characters when you send it.

I have google talk though :)

Valarian
August 20th, 2007, 09:04
I think you can use any email account for MSN Messenger. You need to register for a .NET Passport on the MSN website and then I believe you can use the registered email address in MSN Messenger. The address is: this (https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?vv=500&lc=2057)