PDA

View Full Version : Digital Adventures at Gen Con 2007!

Thore_Ironrock
August 15th, 2007, 05:37
Digital Adventures at Gen Con 2007!

Digital Adventures, LLC is proud to announce we'll be at this year's Gen Con, along with Fantasy Grounds creators SmiteWorks, with two new products for Fantasy Grounds II at booth #2445. Our new products include:

The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds II
An update to our most popular product, the Complete SRD is now available in module form for Fantasy Grounds II. Over 800 pages of information taken directly from the Standard Reference Document and converted to modules of Basic Rules, Monsters, Magical Items, Epic, Psionics, and Spells!

This product will be sold individually for $6.50, and also comes as a package deal with adventures and tokens -- everything needed to get going with Fantasy Grounds -- at a Gen Con special price of $20.00, and will be available to the rest of the Internet after the show.

Savage Worlds Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II
Our Fantasy Grounds II update to this award-winning RPG product is now available! Everything, and we mean everything, you need to play Savage Worlds is now built directly into our updated interface: card dealing initiatives, wild dice, a card dealing combat tracker, and drag-and-drop dice directly from the character sheet are now possible with this Fantasy Grounds II upgrade!

This product will be sold individually for $12.00, and also comes as a package deal with tokens and two newly converted advetures from PEG, Noble Deceit and Zombie Run, for a Gen Con special price of $25.00 -- and will be available to the rest of the Internet after the show.

Information on upgrades to The Complete SRD and Savage Worlds Ruleset from Fantasy Grounds v1.05f products for existing registered customers will be distributed post-Gen Con.

In addition we'll also be selling an array of other products, include our most popular adventures and token packs that we'll burn for you right there on a CD.

Hope to see you at the show!

ProfMarks
August 15th, 2007, 05:51
Amazing news...

When you say available now, are the links for purchase going up on DA anytime soon?

For those of us unable to go to GENCON, I can't wait to become familiar with the interface and get Savage World Adventures off the ground.

Waldo Pepper
August 15th, 2007, 06:37
I'll second that - I've had my new campaign on hold waiting for the SW ruleset. I'm glad to hear that the wait is nearly over.

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 13:39
Like Thore said:

and will be available to the rest of the Internet after the show.

Show ends on Sunday, so give Thore a few days after that to get things together. And you won't be disappointed!

GoOrange
August 15th, 2007, 15:42
The Complete SRD for Fantasy Grounds II
An update to our most popular product, the Complete SRD is now available in module form for Fantasy Grounds II. Over 800 pages of information taken directly from the Standard Reference Document and converted to modules of Basic Rules, Monsters, Magical Items, Epic, Psionics, and Spells!

First of all - very excited about Savage Worlds!

Question 1: Are the SW rules the Explorers Edition rules or the now outdated Savage Worlds Revised rules? A few minor changes were made in the Explorers Edition - are these incorporated into the ruleset?

Question 2: What is the difference between the Complete SRD and the D20 ruleset that came with FG2? I seems like I already have rules, monsters and stuff. What to I get the the Complete SRD that I didn't get with FG2?

Thanks!

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 15:56
First of all - very excited about Savage Worlds!

Question 1: Are the SW rules the Explorers Edition rules or the now outdated Savage Worlds Revised rules? A few minor changes were made in the Explorers Edition - are these incorporated into the ruleset?

The Revised Edition is not outdated (as has been stated by the guys at PEG on their forums). There are minor changes in the SW:EX version of the rules, but we have not incorporated the SW:EX rules into the ruleset - however, the ruleset IS SW:EX compatible (fx: we have made the damage section for Weapons on the Char Sheet "Way of the Brave" compatible).

Question 2: What is the difference between the Complete SRD and the D20 ruleset that came with FG2? I seems like I already have rules, monsters and stuff. What to I get the the Complete SRD that I didn't get with FG2?

Thanks!

The CSRD is just that - the Complete SRD. It includes the complete rules as found on the WoTC website.

GoOrange
August 15th, 2007, 16:13
The Revised Edition is not outdated (as has been stated by the guys at PEG on their forums). There are minor changes in the SW:EX version of the rules, but we have not incorporated the SW:EX rules into the ruleset - however, the ruleset IS SW:EX compatible (fx: we have made the damage section for Weapons on the Char Sheet "Way of the Brave" compatible).

The CSRD is just that - the Complete SRD. It includes the complete rules as found on the WoTC website.

OK, outdated was a very poor choice of words, unintentionally. The biggest change to the rules as far as I'm concerned that would affect the FG2 implementation is the new damage. I imagine incorporating it into the character sheet will achieve functionality - will I be able to drag the "new" damage values from the combat tracker onto the chat window to have it automatically roll damage the way I currently do with the D20 ruleset?

(Actually, it doesn't matter what you say, I'm still going to buy the darned thing anyway, I'm just curious)

I'm still a bit confused about the CSRD. (I know what the WotC SRD is, I've perused the downloadable files). Do you have a few examples of important things that are included in the new FG2 CSRD product that aren't included in the D20 ruleset that came with the FG2 product?

Thanks again!
Jeff

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 16:28
OK, outdated was a very poor choice of words, unintentionally. The biggest change to the rules as far as I'm concerned that would affect the FG2 implementation is the new damage. I imagine incorporating it into the character sheet will achieve functionality - will I be able to drag the "new" damage values from the combat tracker onto the chat window to have it automatically roll damage the way I currently do with the D20 ruleset?

(Actually, it doesn't matter what you say, I'm still going to buy the darned thing anyway, I'm just curious)

Hey no problem :)

You are able to drag the dice onto the the weapon listings in the NPC sheets/char sheets, then you can drag that entry on to the hotbar to roll. Its really kinda hard to explain. Suffice to say it's easy enough to use :)

I'm still a bit confused about the CSRD. (I know what the WotC SRD is, I've perused the downloadable files). Do you have a few examples of important things that are included in the new FG2 CSRD product that aren't included in the D20 ruleset that came with the FG2 product?

Thanks again!
Jeff

Well...one thing the CSRD has is all the Psionics rules, as well as ALL the monsters, not just a small selection.

Also all combat rules and such from the CSRD, not the brief explanations.

As Thore says, all told its about 800pgs of material, as opposed to the about 150pgs that's in the default set.

Snikle
August 15th, 2007, 17:17
Awesome! Great news for us Savage World players!

Griogre
August 15th, 2007, 17:43

The d20 default ruleset is a subset of the SRD. With FG2 it is a larger subset with them adding feats, skills and magic items but still a subset. An example of things not in the default d20 but in the SRD is equipment lists for all equipment (not just weapons and armor), sample traps, the DMG prestige classes and the things Kalan mentioned already: Psionics, Epic, ect.

To get the scope of the differances go to https://www.d20srd.org/index.htm and pretty much anything you see that is not in the default d20 ruleset modules but on the site would also be in the CSRD. The CSRD also includes the information in the default ruleset. It is entended to replace it.

sloejack
August 15th, 2007, 17:56

I'll take a moment to expand on the differences. The d20 rules that come with FG cover the core rules including spells, monsters, magic items, and some basic rules. I think it's fair to say that the modules that come with FG are certainly enough to get you started playing 3.5e AD&D.

If you've had an opportunity to review the documents that WotC published at their SRD site (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35), then you also know there is a lot more information with regards to building campaigns, rules for movement, terrain, planes of existance. In addition to that there are advanced rules for Psionics, Divine and Epic classes. The Complete SRD is ALL of that text assembled into loadable modules for use with Fantasy Grounds 2 basic d20 ruleset.

The modules are divided into Basic Rules, Monsters, Spells, and Magic Items - similar to what you're used to with the modules that come with FG2 but with all the additional text, tables, and information presented in the SRD. Additionally there are 3 modules not found in the FG2 core which are Psionics, Divine, and Epic. These include not only rules for playing and DMing in those settings but also additional monsters, spells, and magic items.

Hope this helps clarify a little more for you what you'll be getting with the Complete SRD.

heruca
August 15th, 2007, 18:03
To play with the SW Ruleset, does every single player need to buy and install it, or just the GM?

richvalle
August 15th, 2007, 18:30
To play with the SW Ruleset, does every single player need to buy and install it, or just the GM?

This is my question as well. I know in FG1 it was just the DM but I thought this was changing in FGII.

And what about the Savage Worlds ruleset? Does just the DM need to buy it or does every player as well?

rv

Griogre
August 15th, 2007, 18:40
Curious about this too. I'll get the SW set anyway but it would be nice to know what the various type of modules are: client, common or db.

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 18:50
Only the GM needs to purchase the ruleset. However, with how modules work, if the Players want access to the rules locally, they will also have to purchase a package.

How it will be packaged for World Wide Release is something that Thore is better equipped to answer. Bear in mind that how this is packaged right now is for the Gen Con release only, and may not reflect the actual release when he gets back.

Hope that made some sense :S

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 18:51
Curious about this too. I'll get the SW set anyway but it would be nice to know what the various type of modules are: client, common or db.

There are three "modules" - Player's, GM's, and Quick Reference. Player is Client, GM is db, and Quick Reference is common.

richvalle
August 15th, 2007, 19:03
Perfect!

I've preorded the new $10 SW rules book from Amazon and will get the FG ruleset as well since the players don't HAVE to buy it. I'm willing to get it so I can run them though a quick game as a break from DnD but don't want them to have to pay for the ruleset if we are not going to use it.

Thanks for the answers!

rv

Kalan
August 15th, 2007, 19:19
Perfect!

I've preorded the new $10 SW rules book from Amazon and will get the FG ruleset as well since the players don't HAVE to buy it. I'm willing to get it so I can run them though a quick game as a break from DnD but don't want them to have to pay for the ruleset if we are not going to use it.

Thanks for the answers!

rv

Glad I can help :)

heruca
August 16th, 2007, 14:20
Only the GM needs to purchase the ruleset. However, with how modules work, if the Players want access to the rules locally, they will also have to purchase a package.

Sounds good. Thanks for the prompt reply.

GoOrange
August 16th, 2007, 14:49
Thanks for clarifying about the CSRD and answering my other questions!

Kalan
August 16th, 2007, 14:59
No problem guys. If you have anymore questions just ask away. If I can answer them, I shall certainly try my best to :)

Starfleet
August 17th, 2007, 10:54
glad to see that there comming out, bit upset that we have to wait till after gencon indy, after all not every one can get to gencon :( was hoping to have the new srd stuff for game tomorrow but oh well. (mainly due to a number of 'errors' with the current info such as missing hp info for pit fiends)

Any way glad to see it coming along and will be buying as soon as avalible online, even updated my paypal info for it heh

Thore_Ironrock
August 17th, 2007, 13:59
glad to see that there comming out, bit upset that we have to wait till after gencon indy, after all not every one can get to gencon :( was hoping to have the new srd stuff for game tomorrow but oh well. (mainly due to a number of 'errors' with the current info such as missing hp info for pit fiends)

Any way glad to see it coming along and will be buying as soon as avalible online, even updated my paypal info for it heh

Sorry Rob, but this was basically due to the fact that the products were not done until Monday/Tuesday. As it is I only had three hours of sleep before heading out the door. :(

I will try to expedite getting all of the info up for sale upon my return home, should I survive.

Starfleet
August 17th, 2007, 14:11
Won't behead ya yet Thore, can't please everyone and I know you guys do your best. Rather then do the info myself I'm chooseing to wait and programing some stuff in the mean time, hopefully Gencon isn't too much hell on you ;) Hoping to get to gencon oz next year for it's first ever event.

And if the nets anything like it is here i can imagin it's a pain to do anything at all from gencon.. :-)

Waldo Pepper
August 17th, 2007, 16:16
Kalan was nice enough to give me a demo of the new SW ruleset last night and it looks very nice. Great work guys! :)

Kalan
August 17th, 2007, 16:18
Should see it from the GM side :)

I will be posting some screenshots hopefully in the next day or two...and its safe to say I will be doing more SW stuff in the comin weeks and months :)

VenomousFiligree
August 19th, 2007, 10:36
Here are some videos of the Savage Worlds ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II

Specifically they show the Wild Dice (including aces) and Iniative Tracker in action.

To be able to make the video I had to minimise the FG window, so it's a bit squashed!!

Savage Worlds Wild Dice (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/media/Savage_Worlds_Wild_Dice.wmv)

Savage Worlds Iniative Tracker (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/media/Savage_Worlds_Initiative_Tracker.wmv)

:)
MB

Astinus
August 19th, 2007, 18:53
Great to see so much progress from DA. Any chance of an update on the Castles and Crusades ruleset? Last post I saw said it was almost done.

rom90125
August 19th, 2007, 19:55
Hi Astinus,

I am one of the developers that has worked on the C&C ruleset and I can confirm it is nearly complete. There is some minor formatting issues that need to be cleaned up on a few of the pages and then we need to run it through another peer review before DA will sign off on the product. It won't be much longer..

Thanks,

Rom

Starfleet
August 20th, 2007, 09:22
So did you survive gencon alive and well thore? hehe hopefully you guys had a good time and the like let us know (is paitently awaiting the post that says he goes to da's website ;) )

Astinus
August 20th, 2007, 16:51
I am one of the developers that has worked on the C&C ruleset and I can confirm it is nearly complete. There is some minor formatting issues that need to be cleaned up on a few of the pages and then we need to run it through another peer review before DA will sign off on the product. It won't be much longer..
Rom
Thanks for the update, Rom. That's very exciting. I'm a little ignorant of how rulesets work with FG. Does a ruleset include a C&C character sheet, or is it rules only? Looking forward to the release!

richvalle
August 20th, 2007, 17:31
It will include the character sheet and the rules.

rv

nlumsden
August 23rd, 2007, 01:08
Awesome. So glad to hear that the CSRD and SW rulesets are finally available. What is the status on the Iron Heroes ruleset?

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2007, 01:43
What is the status on the Iron Heroes ruleset?

It is being converted right now. :)

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2007, 01:44
It will include the character sheet and the rules.

rv

Yes. C&C is a full-blown ruleset w/character sheet and two modules -- PHB & M+T as they appear in the printed products.

Starfleet
August 23rd, 2007, 03:46
-- edit removed. see post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=47011#post47011

Astinus
August 23rd, 2007, 15:49
Yes. C&C is a full-blown ruleset w/character sheet and two modules -- PHB & M+T as they appear in the printed products.
Wonderful news. Thanks rv and Kevin for the info.

Tropico
August 25th, 2007, 16:11
Here are some videos of the Savage Worlds ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II

Specifically they show the Wild Dice (including aces) and Iniative Tracker in action.

To be able to make the video I had to minimise the FG window, so it's a bit squashed!!

Savage Worlds Wild Dice (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/media/Savage_Worlds_Wild_Dice.wmv)

Savage Worlds Iniative Tracker (https://rpgvirtualtabletop.com/media/Savage_Worlds_Initiative_Tracker.wmv)

MB

Hey I hadn't seen those, that looks really nice!

I am sooo glad you guys didn't try to emulate the 'official' character sheets from SW, they do not reflect the simplicity of the system, while these do. Very good.

And can I just say, and MB will know what I mean here: plain chatbox? Yeah!! ;)

Oberoten
August 25th, 2007, 21:46
Paycheck is here now.... When can I buy it?

Thore_Ironrock
August 25th, 2007, 22:04
Paycheck is here now.... When can I buy it?

Waiting for the final SW build from Josh now. Hopefully by the end of the weekend. :)

kamawell
August 27th, 2007, 14:19
Waiting for the final SW build from Josh now. Hopefully by the end of the weekend. :)

Is it the end of weekend in the US yet?:)

Thore_Ironrock
August 27th, 2007, 14:40
Is it the end of weekend in the US yet?:)

All I can say right now is we're working on it. Products will be for sale ASAP, I just ask everyone to be patient while we get things finalized.

Thanks,

Alto Banor
August 30th, 2007, 04:13

I am drooling over this!! Since I can't use the AD&D 2nd edition ruleset, this would be just as good if not better!!

Thore_Ironrock
August 30th, 2007, 04:15
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=47492#post47492

Perren
August 30th, 2007, 14:00
There booth was awsome.