PDA

View Full Version : Not All Item Syncing

UrsaTeddy
July 29th, 2021, 15:24
Hi,

I subscribed to 3 extensions within Fantasy Forge.

However when I run the Fantasy Grounds update, it tells me I only have 2 Forge subscriptions.

The extension in question is SW Maker for Savage Worlds.

In addition, the Login for Fantasy Forge does not seem to work correctly (it is always stating Login) when I am in fact logged in.

Any help appreciated.

m0riarty
July 30th, 2021, 00:39
i'm not sure how to see anything i subscribed to. I just see FG Battle Maps in the Data Module Activation. I have subscribed to "The Rock Spacecraft". but not sure how to access it in the fantasy grounds program.

Beemanpat
July 30th, 2021, 00:50
Similar issue here or just hadn't figured it out yet. Subscribed to an extension that also has a module. I can see where the extension is loaded in the chat but I cannot locate the module in the library.

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2021, 01:52
i'm not sure how to see anything i subscribed to. I just see FG Battle Maps in the Data Module Activation. I have subscribed to "The Rock Spacecraft". but not sure how to access it in the fantasy grounds program.
Make sure you ran an Update of FGU after you subscribed to the Forge item. You should see during the update that it downloads. Then depending upon where the module is written to, you should be able to find the contents either in the vault folder or in a subfolder (modules or extensions) of the FG Data folder.

The mpodule you are looking for will only be visible when you are in a campaign using the MTG2 ruleset, make sure you are in a Traveller 2 campaign when you go to Data Module activation window. Or, use the Universal Module Extension.

Similar issue here or just hadn't figured it out yet. Subscribed to an extension that also has a module. I can see where the extension is loaded in the chat but I cannot locate the module in the library.
If you give us specifics, we can see if we can replicate the issue.

UrsaTeddy
July 30th, 2021, 01:54
I feel that this thread (started by myself) was hijacked ...

My problem is that one of my subscriptions is not downloading (or being recognised by update).

Beemanpat
July 30th, 2021, 02:18
@UrsaTeddy, Apologies I thought my issue was similar, I will clear out from your thread. Thank you

@LordEntrails, As per usual I was the problem. I had no issue after all. Thank you

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2021, 02:30
I feel that this thread (started by myself) was hijacked ...

My problem is that one of my subscriptions is not downloading (or being recognised by update).
SW Maker is showing in my inventory on the Forge. But I can't tell if it downloads or not. I added several things when I did an update. Its certainly not in the Extensions folder, and appears it might be in the vault. You can try removing it and seeing what files update. Otherwise Support can track the actual file, since they names in the vault are hexadecimal values, I don't know which file to look for.

UrsaTeddy
July 30th, 2021, 05:29
It does not seem to be in the vault.

I have emailed Support and they told me that this forum is the place to make queries like mine.

Well currently I can manually install the version I downloaded from the forums and it will have to do for now.

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2021, 05:38
Maybe if you let Ikeal know in the original extension thread he can look into it?

Trenloe
July 30th, 2021, 07:35
I've subscribed to the SW Maker product, and I don't see that in the "Getting Forge subscriptions..." when I check in my FGUpdaterEngine.log file after running an update. I think this is because there isn't a valid live build for this product (ID = 109).

I've used the Forge send message functionality to send Ikael a message to check on the build settings for the product.

Ikael
July 30th, 2021, 07:40
SW Maker has been only available in Test. I have now marked it for live since 5.4.0 is released

Trenloe
July 30th, 2021, 07:48
SW Maker has been only available in Test. I have now marked it for live since 5.4.0 is released
That'll be why. Thanks for letting us know and moving it to live.

UrsaTeddy
July 30th, 2021, 13:47
After the latest update this evening it seems to be recognising and downloading the extension now.

poobah_1
August 7th, 2021, 01:09
So I subscribed to an extension, specifically, Advanced Effect for 5E by celestian. I think it updated, but I cannot see where it is "loaded" when I load my campaign. Is there another step I need to take to activate the extension?

poobah_1
August 7th, 2021, 01:15
nevermind. I found it

webdove
August 18th, 2021, 21:18
Odd. I subscribed to https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/32/view (aura effect). Nothing with the word aura appears in my FGU data\extensions folder (the way all the other extensions do) yet I am able to load "Feature: Aura Effects" in the FGU load screen. Is there a separate folder where that extension is hiding?

FyreM
August 18th, 2021, 21:29
yes.
A Dev can put the extention (or module, etc) in the Normal places such as \extentions... but that leaves it open to READ , copy, etc....
a Dev can instead opt to put the file in VAULT... this becomes an encrypted file, and is given a GUID type name instead. so just a bunch of letters/numbers. and you cant simply READ this kind of file.

the VAULT is for when a DEV wants to keep their code , or art, or portraties, etc. from being copied/stolen.
but it is also the DEFAULT, becuase one a DEV publishes the file not in the VAULT well, they thave just given it all way to anyone that downloades it.

webdove
August 18th, 2021, 21:33
yes.
A Dev can put the extention (or module, etc) in the Normal places such as \extentions... but that leaves it open to READ , copy, etc....
a Dev can instead opt to put the file in VAULT... this becomes an encrypted file, and is given a GUID type name instead. so just a bunch of letters/numbers. and you cant simply READ this kind of file.

the VAULT is for when a DEV wants to keep their code , or art, or portraties, etc. from being copied/stolen.
but it is also the DEFAULT, becuase one a DEV publishes the file not in the VAULT well, they thave just given it all way to anyone that downloades it.

Ah. Thank you.

Kelrugem
August 18th, 2021, 21:42
Ah. Thank you.

Bmos decided to put his extensions into the vault because they are already available on his github page for everyone who wants to adjust some code, for aura here: https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effect :) (in case you wanted to look at the code and that is why you asked :D)

LordEntrails
August 18th, 2021, 21:53
Note if you look at the bottom a Forge product page their is the GUID code all the way at the bottom.