PDA

View Full Version : Question about FGC to FGU upgrade

SiliconScout
July 29th, 2021, 05:58
I have a one time Fantasy Ground Classic Ultimate license and I understand that if I upgrade to the Unity client I will get a 50% discount. That's all well and good.

The question I have is what happens to the source books I purchased. I have several 5ed books bought, will I have them in the Ultimate version as well or would I need to re-purchase them?

Obviously this might be a deal breaker for me if I have to spend an extra couple hundred to have access to the books again. I already own physical copies of them all and digital copies in FG so having to purchase a 3rd time isn't something that woudl excite me.

If those purchases carry over though then the jump over to the Unity client makes a lot of sense potentially.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2021, 05:59
Purchases are valid for both FGC and FGU. You won’t have to re-purchase products you’ve already bought.

johnecc
July 29th, 2021, 10:12
As Trenloe says, plus also most of the 5e products already have Line of Sight enabled, so you will have that to enhanc3 your play.

SiliconScout
July 30th, 2021, 17:38
Excellent!

That is what I was hoping to hear. And to confirm the unity ultimate will still allow me to host a game and the players can all be on the free version just like classic correct?

LordEntrails
July 30th, 2021, 17:40
Excellent!

That is what I was hoping to hear. And to confirm the unity ultimate will still allow me to host a game and the players can all be on the free version just like classic correct?
Yes