PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds v5.4 released

Ikael
July 28th, 2021, 07:24
Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.4.0 and Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition 4.12.0 are now available.

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
[Added] Multiple Arcane Background support
[Added] Arcane Background record sheet
[Added] Identification support for Armor records
[Added] Identification support for Weapon records
[Added] Edge, Hindrance and Ability records support have sub-abilities
[Added] "Action Card" effect. For instance [Action Card +1] to draw one additional action card
[Added] "Load Strength" effect. For instance [Load Strength +1d] to increase load limit by one die type
[Added] Highlight combat tracker combatant by right clicking or middle mouse clicking token on map
[Added] Token on map can be dragged and dropped on combat tracker action card to include into the group
[Added] Combat tracker will auto-scroll to active combatant
[Added] Faction is shown in client combat tracker
[Added] Global Effects window can be minimized
[Updated] Combat tracker group is visible if any group member is visible
[Updated] Combat tracker layout improvements
[Updated] Combat tracker performance improvements
[Updated] Allow Pace 0
[Fixed] PC Portrait missing when dragging from party sheet. Fixed
[Fixed] Script error when dropping CT action card section. Fixed
[Fixed] Bennies on party sheet are not updated. Fixed
[Fixed] Modifications fields are not shown on armor records. Fixed
[Fixed] Players cannot whisper with right click on PC portrait. Fixed
[Fixed] Script error when adding nameless combatant to combat tracker. Fixed
[Removed] Option "PC Portrait: Show Power Points" removed
[Deprecated] ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType, ArcaneManager.unregisterType and ArcaneManager.unregisterAll APIs deprecated

Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition
The same as above

Ikael
July 28th, 2021, 07:25
Multiple Arcane Backgrounds

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/274634463860883458/863862021685772309/sw531_06.gif

Sub-abilities in Edges
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274634463860883458/862086041165889566/WizardEdge.gif

Highlight map token on Combat Tracker
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274634463860883458/860447094954786826/sw531_01.gif

Mike Serfass
July 29th, 2021, 06:30
Very nice improvements. And lots of fixes!
But I am getting one error.

Script execution error: [string "list"]:7: attempt to call field 'onFilter' (a nill value)

This happens when I click the effects button. I have effects I added, if that matters. All effects show on the list, and they all work.

This error also appears when I filter the effects list, and when I page.

I attached the error log.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

No other problems, and everything is working well.

Thanks!

amerigoV
July 29th, 2021, 13:20
Very nice improvements. And lots of fixes!
But I am getting one error.

Script execution error: [string "list"]:7: attempt to call field 'onFilter' (a nill value)

This happens when I click the effects button. I have effects I added, if that matters. All effects show on the list, and they all work.

This error also appears when I filter the effects list, and when I page.

I attached the error log.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

No other problems, and everything is working well.

Thanks!

I noted this issue yesterday on Discord. Ikael's response

I was able to reproduce this and the issue is because of change in CoreRPG. I made hotfix for this and asked it to be released live soon.

Mike Serfass
July 29th, 2021, 23:01
Thanks!

Kyler
July 30th, 2021, 20:49
The error noted in the last couple of posts persists after the update went live.

GunnarGreybeard
July 30th, 2021, 21:59
OK, so it's just not me then. To make sure , I deleted the SWADE ruleset, did an update, then created a new campaign with no extensions, etc. Looks like the same error.

Mike Serfass
July 30th, 2021, 22:53
I didn't seem to get this update. The various swade files didn't have a newer date, even after I manually kicked off an update. I suspect the update didn't go out.

Kyler
July 30th, 2021, 23:15
I didn't seem to get this update. The various swade files didn't have a newer date, even after I manually kicked off an update. I suspect the update didn't go out.

I reviewed the various dat and pak files and am seeing that the update files have a date of 7/29/2021 1:01 PM. However, that doesn't tell us if the actual fix when live.

Jiminimonka
August 1st, 2021, 14:59
Got this error spam when opening the FX window (as a player and as a GM)

Mike Serfass
August 1st, 2021, 21:05
That's what happens when you roll snake eyes. You broke it for everyone.

Ikael is working on this. He'll probably have it fixed pretty soon.

Jiminimonka
August 1st, 2021, 22:23
That's what happens when you roll snake eyes. You broke it for everyone.

Ikael is working on this. He'll probably have it fixed pretty soon.

Well I am terribly sorry everyone. Please award yourselves 2 Bennie's each.

amerigoV
November 24th, 2021, 16:26
A minor item I stumbled upon. I had someone cast Growth on an NPC. They were already Size +1, and they bumped him to Size +4. I applied the effect 3 times. That worked - it treated them like Size +4 (which is Large scale and all that it entails). But I did notice 2 things

1. If I applied it once and change the effect to Size +3, Str +3d (shorthand for the code) it did not seem to work. But I did not test it extensively.
2. On the approach that did work, there is a consideration that I am not sure that is easily coded. If you use the Power and change Scale, you do not change the number of wounds.

So minor, and I am not sure if #1 is just me oopsing it somehow.

dogfisc
November 24th, 2021, 17:31
A minor item I stumbled upon. I had someone cast Growth on an NPC. They were already Size +1, and they bumped him to Size +4. I applied the effect 3 times. That worked - it treated them like Size +4 (which is Large scale and all that it entails). But I did notice 2 things

1. If I applied it once and change the effect to Size +3, Str +3d (shorthand for the code) it did not seem to work. But I did not test it extensively.
2. On the approach that did work, there is a consideration that I am not sure that is easily coded. If you use the Power and change Scale, you do not change the number of wounds.

So minor, and I am not sure if #1 is just me oopsing it somehow.
This won’t answer all your questions, but in SWADE Growth specifically mentions that it never increases wounds regardless in change of scale.

amerigoV
November 24th, 2021, 17:32
This won’t answer all your questions, but in SWADE Growth specifically mentions that it never increases wounds regardless in change of scale.

Maybe I was not clear. FGU is adding the wound, when it should not as per the power.

dogfisc
November 24th, 2021, 17:34
Maybe I was not clear. FGU is adding the wound, when it should not as per the power.
Ah, I totally misunderstood.

Doswelk
November 30th, 2021, 12:38
In that case add [Wounds Threshold=3] to set back to 3

:D

rlorite
December 23rd, 2021, 13:32
Do you intend to upload the changelog of the ruleset version 5.5? I think it would be interesting

rigerco
June 1st, 2022, 19:37
The new printing has a number of changes and brings the version up to 6 - I know it's a volunteer force, but any word on when the new changes will start seeing the light of day?

Jiminimonka
June 1st, 2022, 19:45
The new printing has a number of changes and brings the version up to 6 - I know it's a volunteer force, but any word on when the new changes will start seeing the light of day?

Is this the changelog?

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/official-answers-on-core-rules/swade-changelog/60480-swade-changelog

Ikael is away, so it will have to be someone from Smiteworks dev team that does this. I think they are working on some ruleset updates once the 4.21 launch is well established.

In the mean time you can copy and edit the edges etc. with these changes.

Ikael
June 2nd, 2022, 19:33
I have just committed update that include the latest errata to SWADE module

FrodoB
June 20th, 2022, 15:33
Be aware as it is right now the Stunned condition is defined in two different, incompatible ways:

The rulestext on page 106 is still the 5.7 text, but the summary on page 203 got reverted to the 5.4 version.
The FGU module reflects this inconsitent state now.

As no change to the Stunned condition got mentioned in the Changelog (https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/official-answers-on-core-rules/swade-changelog/60480-swade-changelog) I suggest using the 5.7 version until Pinnacle has stated what the hell they mean.

Lonewolf
July 2nd, 2022, 11:58
Be aware as it is right now the Stunned condition is defined in two different, incompatible ways:

The rulestext on page 106 is still the 5.7 text, but the summary on page 203 got reverted to the 5.4 version.
The FGU module reflects this inconsitent state now.

As no change to the Stunned condition got mentioned in the Changelog (https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/official-answers-on-core-rules/swade-changelog/60480-swade-changelog) I suggest using the 5.7 version until Pinnacle has stated what the hell they mean.

Now is not a good time for us to update at all. FrodoB is herding cats over on this page https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/savage-worlds-general-chat/61070-change-to-6-0-collected-errors-inconsistencies-and-undocumented-changes (https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/savage-worlds-general-chat/61070-change-to-6-0-collected-errors-inconsistencies-and-undocumented-changes)

Pinnacle need to tell us what the rules are. That helps a lot when it comes coding them :p

Czarisyn
January 16th, 2023, 23:32
Are power points supposed to be reducing as the player uses a power?
If so, its not doing it in my game.
If not, that would be an awesome feature to put in, or have an extension for. :)

rigerco
January 16th, 2023, 23:44
.My understanding is that it can't be reasonably automated because between shorting and power modifiers its impossible to know how many to points to charge.

Jiminimonka
January 17th, 2023, 07:03
.My understanding is that it can't be reasonably automated because between shorting and power modifiers its impossible to know how many to points to charge.

Correct. Players decide what modifiers they want and deduct points as required, too much automation coding required for little reward.

amerigoV
January 26th, 2023, 18:20
I will say I would love if there was just a checkbox and it applies effects on the fly (there is some of that, but it would be cool you could just drag the power over and there were checkboxes under it and it would (say) add an extra die and AP when you did the damage, and uncheck some of them on another attack). But subattacks work, and its not hard to hit the powers effects as needed. So its manageable.

Jiminimonka
February 5th, 2023, 15:23
Creating Arcane Backgrounds Edges is broken. They "work" but they don't populate to Powers unless they are linked to a @SWADE Arcane Background (from the Powers tab Arcane Backgrounds list).

Doesn't matter for most users, since the core AB cover most stuff.

Mike Serfass
February 6th, 2023, 17:41
They also work if linked to a custom AB.
For those who don't know, you must manually add this node to the AB Edge in db.xml:

<arcanebackground type="windowreference">
<class>arcanebackground</class>
<recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.YourCustomABHere</recordname>
</arcanebackground>

where "YourCustomABHere" is exchanged for your custom (or core rules or setting-specific) Arcane Background.
Remember the qualifier ("@SWADE Player Guide", etc) if it comes from another source.
All the other words must remain the same.

We need an update to the Arcane Background window that allows you to select the companion Edge.
If it's needed soon, I can write an extension for that.

Jiminimonka
February 6th, 2023, 18:01
For those who don't know, you must manually add this node to the AB Edge in db.xml:

</arcanebackground>

where "YourCustomABHere" is exchanged for your custom (or core rules or setting-specific) Arcane Background.
Remember the qualifier ("@SWADE Player Guide", etc) if it comes from another source.

We need an update to the Arcane Background window that allows you to select the companion Edge.

Thanks Mike. I think I tried this but musta got it wrong. I will fix it tonight.

Jiminimonka
February 6th, 2023, 20:25

</arcanebackground>

I just tested this - First is the Tattoo Magic AB - I edited it down to Tattoo in case it was not working with spaces in the "reference.arcanebackgrounds.Tattoo Magic" (which makes no difference it seems)

<arcanebackground>
<id-00001>
<arcaneskill type="string">Spirit</arcaneskill>
<name type="string">Tattoo</name>
<notes type="formattedtext">
<p>Tattoo Magic is a peculiar form of mystical technology that enhances its recipients, allowing them to wield arcane powers through enchanted symbols embedded in their body—and soul. Its secrets are zealously guarded by the Splugorth and remain a mystery across the MegaverseŽ.</p>
<p>The mystic art of creating tattoos is thought to have been pioneered by the extinct race of dragons called the Chiang-Ku. Many millennia ago, this venerable race is suspected to have shared the secrets of Tattoo Magic with the True Atlanteans in exchange for tutelage in the art of Stone Mastery.</p>
<p>Now, tattoo magic is only known to be practiced by the dwindling race of ancient humans known as the True Atlanteans, who mark their children with them, and the nefarious Splugorth High Lords who use them for power, material gain, and as a terrifying form of punishment.</p>
</notes>
<startingpowerpoints type="number">5</startingpowerpoints>
<startingpowers type="number">0</startingpowers>
</id-00001>
</arcanebackground>

Then is the Edge

<id-00017>
<abilities />
<recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.Tattoo</recordname>
</arcanebackground>
<benefit type="formattedtext">
<p>
<b>Arcane Skill: </b>Spirit</p>
<p>
<b>Starting Powers: Special</b>
</p>
<p>
<b>Power Points: </b>5</p>
<p>Tattoo Magic is a peculiar form of mystical technology that enhances its recipients, allowing them to wield arcane powers through enchanted symbols embedded in their body—and soul. Its secrets are zealously guarded by the Splugorth and remain a mystery across the MegaverseŽ.</p>
<p>The mystic art of creating tattoos is thought to have been pioneered by the extinct race of dragons called the Chiang-Ku. Many millennia ago, this venerable race is suspected to have shared the secrets of Tattoo Magic with the True Atlanteans in exchange for tutelage in the art of Stone Mastery.</p>
<p>Now, tattoo magic is only known to be practiced by the dwindling race of ancient humans known as the True Atlanteans, who mark their children with them, and the nefarious Splugorth High Lords who use them for power, material gain, and as a terrifying form of punishment.</p>
<linklist>
<link class="arcanebackground" recordname="arcanebackground.id-00001">
<b>Arcane Background: Tattoo Magic</b>
</link>
</linklist>
</benefit>
<name type="string">Arcane Background (Tattoo Magic)</name>
<prerequisites type="string">Novice</prerequisites>
<type type="string">Background Edge</type>
</id-00017>

I also put "reference.arcanebackgrounds.id-00001" but none of these made an difference.

EDIT: I also tried <recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.tattoomagic</recordname> and <recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.id-00001</recordname>

Mike Serfass
February 7th, 2023, 04:10
I mispoke a bit with my post and missed some information. Sorry about that.

It should be the node name of the arcane background. (I rename all mine from the default <id-000x>.)

In your case it should be id-00001, as you surmised.

The other gotcha is that the reference in the Edge is the post-export path. If you test this from within the setting creation module, it won't find that path.
You could try the same path that the link in your Edge uses (arcanebackground.id-00001) which I'm guessing will work inside the setting creation module.
However, I don't know if the export process updates the path in the Edge's <arcanebackground... node. I don't test my settings from inside the setting module. (My tests get messy and I'm worried I'll export that mess or break something.)
If you export with the path

<recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.id-00001</recordname>
I'm sure it will work in a campaign that references your module.

Here's an abbreviation of one of mine.

Arcane Background

<psiwarrior>
<public />
<arcaneskill type="string">Focus</arcaneskill>
<name type="string">Psi-Warrior</name>
<notes type="formattedtext">
<p>Psi-Warriors are those who have strengthened their will and trained their mind and body to unlock potential unavailable to most others.</p>
<linklist>
<link class="sw_referenceskill" recordname="reference.skills.focus@SWADE Player Guide">Skill: Focus</link>
<link class="sw_referencefeat" recordname="edge.arcanebackgroundpsiwarrior">Edge: Arcane Background (Psi-Warrior)</link>
</linklist>
</notes>
<startingpowerpoints type="number">10</startingpowerpoints>
<startingpowers type="number">4</startingpowers>
</psiwarrior>

Edge

<arcanebackgroundpsiwarrior>
<public />
<abilities />
<recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.psiwarrior</recordname>
</arcanebackground>
<benefit type="formattedtext">
<p><b>Arcane Skill: </b>Focus (Spirit)</p>
<p><b>Starting Powers: </b>4; or 3 + Psi-Blade</p>
<p><b>Power Points: </b>10</p>
<p>Psi-Warriors are those who have strengthened their will and trained their mind and body to unlock potential unavailable to most others.</p>
<linklist>
<link class="sw_referenceskill" recordname="reference.skills.focus@SWADE Player Guide">Skill: Focus</link>
<link class="arcanebackground" recordname="arcanebackground.psiwarrior">Arcane Background: Psi-Warrior</link>
</linklist>
</benefit>
<name type="string">Arcane Background (Psi-Warrior)</name>
<prerequisites type="string">Novice</prerequisites>
<shortdescription type="string">Allows access to the Arcane Backgrounds in Quar Dai.</shortdescription>
<type type="string">Background Edge</type>
</arcanebackgroundpsiwarrior>

Sorry about the confusion!

Jiminimonka
February 7th, 2023, 07:08
Cheers Mike. I did try testing from a different campaign but not sure if I did with the id-00001 version, twas late and I had a game to play. I will test tonight.

Jiminimonka
February 7th, 2023, 23:20
@Mike I tried with the id-00001 version, didn't work, so I went in and edited the AB to look like your one <arcanebackgroundtattoomagic> etc., and created a new test campaign and it worked fine.

Not sure if maybe the test campaign I was using was not functioning correctly and carried over some dodgy xml, but it works now. Thanks.

That extension sure sounds like a good idea though ;)

Jiminimonka
February 8th, 2023, 00:05
One thing that seems to be required is that Arcane Background Edges are called Arcane Background (Name Goes Here) but I am not going to test this one tonight.

Jiminimonka
February 8th, 2023, 19:05
One thing that seems to be required is that Arcane Background Edges are called Arcane Background (Name Goes Here) but I am not going to test this one tonight.

I did test it and Arcane Background () seems to be a requirement.

Mike Serfass
February 9th, 2023, 01:23
I did test it and Arcane Background () seems to be a requirement.

Good to know.

I tested the export of the arcanebackground node under the edge. It does transform the linked "arcanebackground.id-00001" to "reference.arcanebackgrounds.id-00001".
That will save me some time writing code.

I started on the extension to link arcane backgrounds with arcane background edges. I'll post a working copy for you (and anyone else) to try out and give feedback on.

Jiminimonka
March 27th, 2023, 23:32
For the past few weeks, one of my players has been getting a spam of errors when doing Sweep. The error throws, and then the damage rolls don't work (no raise, no target). Here is the players log file.

Tokolosh
April 2nd, 2023, 21:14
Hi Ikael et al, just a stupid little errata to the main rulebook that I'm not sure where else to report - the Statblock for the Dragon in SWADE is currently rolling Firey Breath incorrectly as an Athletics check vs Parry rather than as a "Thrown" attack vs the Ranged TN of 4. Once the size penalty got factored in I was hard-pressed to roast even the most modestly armoured of knights with it. Very sad.

Thanks, keep up the great work!

- ToKo

Ikael
April 2nd, 2023, 21:33
Hi Ikael et al, just a stupid little errata to the main rulebook that I'm not sure where else to report - the Statblock for the Dragon in SWADE is currently rolling Firey Breath incorrectly as an Athletics check vs Parry rather than as a "Thrown" attack vs the Ranged TN of 4. Once the size penalty got factored in I was hard-pressed to roast even the most modestly armoured of knights with it. Very sad.

Thanks, keep up the great work!

- ToKo

Fiery Breath is Area Effect Attack, ie. you should not target anyone for the Agility roll. If you rolled 4 or more then you can place the Cone template and target unlucky ones that failed Evasion and roll damage.

Jiminimonka
April 2nd, 2023, 21:59
Fiery Breath is Area Effect Attack, ie. you should not target anyone for the Agility roll. If you rolled 4 or more then you can place the Cone template and target unlucky ones that failed Evasion and roll damage.

Each player can type /roll evasion in chat to make their Evasion rolls. :)