PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition Rule set for FG 2.0

Lore
August 12th, 2007, 06:56
We are looking for a 2nd edition ruleset to use as a base of our campaign. If anyone has one they would be willing to share with us we would greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks,

Lore

Alto Banor
August 30th, 2007, 04:15
... and if someone shares with you, could you share it with me?? ;)

Blue Haven
August 30th, 2007, 10:23
Alto Banor i did get your message but the ruleset i have is for fantasy grounds 1.05f ok? not for version 2 :( i would love to have for version 2 :)

Alto Banor
August 30th, 2007, 16:36
Understood! I didn't realize that the ruleset format had changed from v1 to v2 since I just purchased FG2 this past weekend. I am patiently waiting for the Castles & Crusades Ruleset to be finished so I can use it myself but, my DM uses 2nd edition rules and I am trying to integrate FG2 into his games. We have one long distance player and one who might become a long distance player soon.

Alto

bobthebuilder
September 1st, 2007, 01:02
While it is nice to have the game rules viewable within FG along with a RPG system-specific character record sheet, both are unnecessary. Just use the generic record sheet for FG 2. If everyone has the game rules at home then there is no need to make the rules viewable in FG. In this way you can play ANY role-playing game in the world using FG without any knowledge of XML, without crafting system-specific record sheets and without putting in special game rules. At the very least you need something functional - a space in FG to record PC stats, equipment, attributes etc, the generic sheet fulfills this purpose for any game. Search `generic ruleset FG 2' on the forums and you'll find the link to the download. Read the readme file, it's easy to install.

Alto Banor
September 1st, 2007, 18:58
Thanks Bob! I didn't realize that there was such a thing. I will search it out.

Alto