PDA

View Full Version : LFG, 1 player, UK-based (GMT), D&D 5e or Pathfinder

Geometer
July 19th, 2021, 11:56
I've been DM'ing Curse of Strahd on FG since last October. We're taking a break over the summer and I'd like to take the opportunity to do a bit of playing, if only to see how it all works from a player's point of view.

Ideally I'm looking for something short-term until late October/early November when I expect to resume my own game. I'm open to the possibility of playing beyond that but can't commit at this stage, it will depend on various factors. I realise this is a bit of an ask, so I would consider taking on an established NPC for a few months.

Experience

Late returner to RPGs. Played a lot of AD&D in the '80s, took a 30-year break, got back into it 3 years ago. I'm reasonably familiar with 5e rules and FG mechanics (Basic FG licence).

Personal preferences.

Ruleset: Ideally D&D 5e but I could be tempted by Pathfinder.

Game style: I prefer "low" fantasy to "high", with a bit of gritty reality thrown in for good measure, and an emphasis on exploration, problem-solving and combat rather than RP-heavy. I'm in my 60s so I'm looking for a group that's mature in attitude if not in age.

Play style: Hard to say; back in the day it was all so new nobody really thought about "style", no doubt my personal style will emerge as we play. I tend to be on the quiet side but I'm no shrinking violet, and I'll make my contribution when required. I take the game seriously but not too seriously, I'm generally easy-going and I'm not a rules-lawyer.

Character preferences: Flexible. I'd like to play one of the newer Race/Class options, and I quite fancy a spell-chucker of some sort, but I'm happy to fit around the needs of the party.

Availability: I can be available for pretty much any afternoon/evening. Sundays will be booked once my own game resumes. I'm not keen on late-night sessions.

Technology: I would prefer video rather than just talk - I like to see who I'm playing with. We've been using Skype for this in my game and finding it less than satisfactory so I'm open to exploring alternatives.

Anybody interested can contact me here or by PM.