PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Combat tracker and movement

Weeg
August 10th, 2007, 03:02
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here...
When I take the player portraits and drag them to the combat tracker, then drag from the combat tracker to the map, the players can no longer move their tokens on the map. If I drag right from the portrait to the map they can move their tokens...but I lose the functionality of the tracker. Help!

joshuha
August 10th, 2007, 03:56
Are you dragging their portait into the potrait control on the row or into an empty space on the tracker to create a new entry?

Weeg
August 10th, 2007, 12:16
I am dragging them into the round portrait bubble next to the line for text entry

joshuha
August 10th, 2007, 14:05
Ahh, that doesn't set up the linking properly. Drag them into a blank area of the tracker and you'll notice that all the stats and what not get linked too.

Majik
August 13th, 2007, 23:35
I believe once they are in the combat tracker they have to have initiative to move their character too. I ran into this issue when one of my players summoned a monster and they wanted to move them but he was at bottom of initiative order and was not his turn. (The Flag for their name)

Weeg
August 14th, 2007, 12:13
Thanks, I'll try it next game...do you still drag their portrait into the combat tracker bubble? Or leave it blank?

joshuha
August 14th, 2007, 12:32
Once you drag to a blank area and it creates the row the potrait will automatically be put in the tokencontrol.

Toadwart
August 16th, 2007, 19:59
Behind the scenes the token control only accepts tokens that are dragged onto it. If you drag a character onto that control it will only pick up the token for that character and nothing else.
If you ever want to use a different token for the player (perhaps he has been polymorphed into a mule) then you can drag the player to the combat tracker, as joshua described, then drag a token from the token box onto the token control in the combat tracker.