PDA

View Full Version : Reference Manual - two columns text and image

Xarxus
July 15th, 2021, 12:07
While waiting for the integrated system for the preparation of Reference Manuals that Moon Wizard was talking about, I submit a question.
I've a two column text and I used this code:

<block_00003>
<align type="string">left,right</align>
<frame type="string">noframe</frame>
<text type="formattedtext">
<p>Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla</p>
<p>Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla</p>
</text>
<text2 type="formattedtext">
</text2>
</block_00003>

What I need now is to add an image somewhere inside "...bla bla bla...".
Is there a way?

Zacchaeus
July 15th, 2021, 12:30
Nope, you can't have an image inside a text frame. You can have an image right or left of text but not inside a frame.

Xarxus
July 15th, 2021, 16:48
Sigh, ty

Talyn
July 15th, 2021, 16:51
As Zacc said, when you use a two-column refblock with an image, the image column is always a separate entity from the text column. Which sucks since a lot of books release with art or a special icon inside the framed sidebars, which we cannot duplicate on FG. I'm hoping eventually some more advanced eye-pleasing layout options become available, but for now that's just part of the "artistic license" we have to decide upon when adapting the book material to the more limited capability of a reference manual.

Xarxus
July 19th, 2021, 08:33
Yes, not the best, but not a big deal. I'll add images as single block. I've not to respect any manual's layout, it was only a look and feel desire.