PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Exhausted

rhagelstrom
July 13th, 2021, 20:04
5E extension (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/70/view) that adds exhaustion as a condition

Exhaustion shows up as a condition in the effects window and immunities to exhaustion work. This extension also automates the exhaustion stack by summing exhaustion levels when applied and decrementing them on long rest. Also support for Mad Nomads Character Sheet Effects Display extension. There is an option in settings to enable verbose exhaustion text to further support MNM Character Sheet Effects Display but IMO it gets a bit much, hence the on/off option

MeAndUnique
July 13th, 2021, 20:07
Awesome contribution, thank you!

nephranka
July 13th, 2021, 21:23
Works seamlessly. Nice work,

MrDDT
July 13th, 2021, 21:29
So you don't need to use Better Combat Effects for Exhaustion anymore? This does all the stacking and stuff?

rhagelstrom
July 13th, 2021, 21:31
So you don't need to use Better Combat Effects for Exhaustion anymore? This does all the stacking and stuff?

Yes. I'll be taking that out of BCE in the next version. Exhaustion fits better in its own extension

MrDDT
July 13th, 2021, 21:32
Nice, thanks for all the work you do and have done.

I've always been of the mind that if you can split exts to more single functions. Thanks for putting this out there for everyone and doing so much work.

MrDDT
July 13th, 2021, 21:39
Did a quick test, it is working great other than the individual long rest option (right click target click rest, long rest) does not remove the effect or lower it by 1. Only when you use the long rest for the whole CT.

rhagelstrom
July 13th, 2021, 21:41
Did a quick test, it is working great other than the individual long rest option (right click target click rest, long rest) does not remove the effect or lower it by 1. Only when you use the long rest for the whole CT.

There is always some corner case on version 1.0 isn't there? I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

MrDDT
July 13th, 2021, 21:54
There is always some corner case on version 1.0 isn't there? I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

I found another issue that going from EXHAUSTION 4 (MAX 1/2) to EXHAUSTION 5, then getting a long rest will drop it back to 4, however, will also put the HP back up to 100% of max instead of 1/2 of max still from EX 4.

rhagelstrom
July 14th, 2021, 19:54
Version Update. Fixed issue with individual long rest not decrementing exhaustion level. The max HP issue seems to be a conflict between a couple of other extensions. Looking into it.

MrDDT
July 14th, 2021, 20:01
Version Update. Fixed issue with individual long rest not decrementing exhaustion level. The max HP issue seems to be a conflict between a couple of other extensions. Looking into it.

Yeah thanks.

Tested this and it's working perfectly thanks for the fast update.

The other issue I listed seems to be an issue with Constitutional Amendments. (Possibly CA and MNM's Display Effects but works just fine with just MNM's Display Effects, but breaks with just CA).
Those 2 do not play well with either other already in some cases.

MeAndUnique
July 14th, 2021, 20:54
Yeah thanks.

Tested this and it's working perfectly thanks for the fast update.

The other issue I listed seems to be an issue with Constitutional Amendments. (Possibly CA and MNM's Display Effects but works just fine with just MNM's Display Effects, but breaks with just CA).
Those 2 do not play well with either other already in some cases.

I'm taking a loot at having Constitutional Amendments work more cleanly with the MAXHP effect defined by Display Effects.

MrDDT
July 14th, 2021, 21:09
I'm taking a loot at having Constitutional Amendments work more cleanly with the MAXHP effect defined by Display Effects.

Wow, you are so amazing, thank you. I can't believe how much effect and time you EXT writers put into this stuff. Thank you. Thank you thank you!

Broken.Arrow
July 15th, 2021, 00:42
I'll second that. Thank you very much for your efforts.

MeAndUnique
July 15th, 2021, 15:43
Everything should be working now with v2.0.3 of Constitutional Amendments.

JimSocks
August 2nd, 2021, 04:06
I am noticing that levels of exhaustion that should be applying disadvantage for skill and ability checks aren't doing so. They also are not reducing hitpoint maximums or imposing disadvantage on saving throws. Speed adjustments are working perfectly however!

I am also running the Mad Nomad Character Sheet Effects Display extension, and it isn't putting the red dice next to the items that should have disadvantage, either. Though, notably, it correctly colors the speed when modified negatively by your extension.

EDIT: Turning on verbose makes the ability and saves show disadvantage correctly. However, the skill checks and hitpoints don't adjust still

rhagelstrom
August 2nd, 2021, 14:49
I am noticing that levels of exhaustion that should be applying disadvantage for skill and ability checks aren't doing so. They also are not reducing hitpoint maximums or imposing disadvantage on saving throws. Speed adjustments are working perfectly however!

I am also running the Mad Nomad Character Sheet Effects Display extension, and it isn't putting the red dice next to the items that should have disadvantage, either. Though, notably, it correctly colors the speed when modified negatively by your extension.

EDIT: Turning on verbose makes the ability and saves show disadvantage correctly. However, the skill checks and hitpoints don't adjust still

The hit points should adjust with MNM character sheet effects display. A couple of things could be going on. You are running a different version of character Sheet Effects Display, I'm running 2.0 and it seems fine, or there might be another extension you are running that is causing a conflict.

Skill checks and saving throws should have disadvantage as defined by exhaustion rules when the dice are thrown. I didn't add in a verbose option for skill checks as the die is so small for that and adding another 18 clauses would make the effect 8 lines long.

That being said, what makes more sense is for Character Sheet Effects Display to detect exhaustion/level and color the character sheet accordingly without having to rely on it being spelled out. That would be a Mad Nomad question on if that is something he wants to do.

webdove
August 6th, 2021, 22:42
I just installed it and it is saying this at level 4:
Effect ['EXHAUSTION: 4; Disadvantage on ability checks; Exhaustion; DISCHK: strength; DISCHK: dexterity; DISCHK: constitution; DISCHK: intelligence; DISCHK: wisdom; DISCHK: charisma; DISATK; DISSAV: strength; DISSAV: dexterity; DISSAV: constitution; DISSAV: intelligence; DISSAV: wisdom; DISSAV: charisma; MAXHP: -0; Speed-0'] -> [UPDATED] [on Aarakocra]

What are MAXHP: -0 and Speed: -0 supposed to do?

rhagelstrom
August 6th, 2021, 22:50
I just installed it and it is saying this at level 4:
Effect ['EXHAUSTION: 4; Disadvantage on ability checks; Exhaustion; DISCHK: strength; DISCHK: dexterity; DISCHK: constitution; DISCHK: intelligence; DISCHK: wisdom; DISCHK: charisma; DISATK; DISSAV: strength; DISSAV: dexterity; DISSAV: constitution; DISSAV: intelligence; DISSAV: wisdom; DISSAV: charisma; MAXHP: -0; Speed-0'] -> [UPDATED] [on Aarakocra]

What are MAXHP: -0 and Speed: -0 supposed to do?

Functionally they do not do anything. Those values however should be 1/2 of the character's Max HP and 1/2 the character's speed. That they are 0 indicates some sort of issue maybe. If you send me the character sheet I can take a look.

webdove
August 6th, 2021, 23:03
It is an NPC so I don't have a character sheet. I do love all the other features though.

rhagelstrom
August 6th, 2021, 23:07
It is an NPC so I don't have a character sheet. I do love all the other features though.

Ah. It probably doesn't support calculating that for NPC. I could probably add that just to avoid confusion. Everything in the effect other than exhaustion level is pretty much just informational unless you have the Mad Nomad extension.

Zygmunt Molotch
August 8th, 2021, 11:57
I would love to have a feature like this in 3.5/pf, a decremental on long rest, yet increment stacking effect counter

(not exhaustion, per se, as thats already an effect, but say any... user defined string

slapped in face; ATK: -1; RESTL
which stack-counts to
slapped in face; ATK: -2; RESTL
and decrements on long rest to

or what ever)

is it possible to take a look, rhagelstrom? (I am aware not everyone plays/cares about 3.5/pf )

rhagelstrom
August 9th, 2021, 18:44
I would love to have a feature like this in 3.5/pf, a decremental on long rest, yet increment stacking effect counter

(not exhaustion, per se, as thats already an effect, but say any... user defined string

which stack-counts to
slapped in face; ATK: -2; RESTL
and decrements on long rest to

or what ever)

is it possible to take a look, rhagelstrom? (I am aware not everyone plays/cares about 3.5/pf )

This feature would be out of scope for the Exhausted extension. It maybe something that could be in better combat effects. I'll think about it.

eporrini
August 15th, 2021, 19:34
When I take a long rest it removes all levels of exhaustion applied to the character. I have both Exhausted and Better Combat Effects Loaded from the forge. Any ideas?

rhagelstrom
August 15th, 2021, 19:38
When I take a long rest it removes all levels of exhaustion applied to the character. I have both Exhausted and Better Combat Effects Loaded from the forge. Any ideas?
Sounds like you are using the RESTL tag in the exhaustion effect. Try it without that tag.

eporrini
August 22nd, 2021, 15:37
Sounds like you are using the RESTL tag in the exhaustion effect. Try it without that tag.

That fix worked. I am using both of your extensions and one of them ads a mod that includes some pre-made conditions, one of which is exhaustion that includes that tag by default. Any chance you can update the mod so that it's not included by default?

graphil
August 22nd, 2021, 16:29

*Deleted comment*

rhagelstrom
August 22nd, 2021, 21:04
That fix worked. I am using both of your extensions and one of them ads a mod that includes some pre-made conditions, one of which is exhaustion that includes that tag by default. Any chance you can update the mod so that it's not included by default?

I think I could do that. I'd probably just remove it all together. I recommend using the exhaustion that is now in the list of preset conditions.

eporrini
August 23rd, 2021, 04:43
I think I could do that. I'd probably just remove it all together. I recommend using the exhaustion that is now in the list of preset conditions.

I honestly didn't notice it had it had a preset, thank you for pointing that out. I will use it through the preset going forward.

amanwing
November 18th, 2021, 14:11
I have the button under effects but if I click on it a second time it justs gives me this: "cannot apply Exhaustion effect as the target already has this effect" can somone help?

rhagelstrom
November 18th, 2021, 15:12
I have the button under effects but if I click on it a second time it justs gives me this: "cannot apply Exhaustion effect as the target already has this effect" can somone help?

I'm going to guess you are also running the Generic Actions extension. Turn the setting Verify Cast Effect to off in that extension

amanwing
November 18th, 2021, 15:29
I'm going to guess you are also running the Generic Actions extension. Turn the setting Verify Cast Effect to off in that extension

wow thanks! Now it works.

rhagelstrom
November 24th, 2021, 22:01
Version update: 1.2

Added House rule: Add Exhaustion if heal from 0 HP
Default: off
Add a level of exhaustion to an actor that heals from zero hit points

rhagelstrom
November 28th, 2021, 19:12
Version Update: 1.3

Added Power parsing for exhaustion. The text "gain(s)/suffer(s) (N) level(s) of exhaustion" will auto parse in NPCs and spells.

Adds support for:
Sickening Radiance
Gingwatzim – Energy Drain action
Jade Tigress – Poison Dart action
Soul Monger – Wave of Weariness action
Sibriex – Warp Creature feature
Kalaraq Quori – Mind Seed feature

eporrini
December 2nd, 2021, 12:54

I use this house rule and I am loving this!!! Thank you so much!!

MrDDT
December 2nd, 2021, 17:59

AWESOME, this keeps getting better.

BushViper
December 8th, 2021, 12:46

I use this House Rule, so this is definitely awesome for me. However, at my table, it's two levels of exhaustion. I definitely don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is it possible to add a feature that would allow us to choose how many levels of exhaustion is received in this scenario?

rhagelstrom
December 8th, 2021, 19:57
I use this House Rule, so this is definitely awesome for me. However, at my table, it's two levels of exhaustion. I definitely don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but is it possible to add a feature that would allow us to choose how many levels of exhaustion is received in this scenario?

You guys are brutal. I can add that, it isn't too hard to do.

rhagelstrom
December 10th, 2021, 02:29
Version Update: 1.4

House rule: Add Exhaustion if heal from 0 HP now you can specify how many levels of exhaustion to add
Parser support for Living Armor, Sibriex

Lokklive
December 12th, 2021, 01:31
Trying to find the download for the extension, Any chance I can get a link? :)

rhagelstrom
December 12th, 2021, 02:10

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/70/view

BushViper
December 12th, 2021, 03:07
Version Update: 1.4

House rule: Add Exhaustion if heal from 0 HP now you can specify how many levels of exhaustion to add
Parser support for Living Armor, Sibriex

Not only did you not have to do this, but you did it incredibly quickly. Thank you so much.

Ephidiel
December 18th, 2021, 12:22
Hello

can you add that an Exhaustion level is added on a failed death save
thats the house rule im using

rhagelstrom
January 12th, 2022, 23:26
Version Update 1.6
Fixed issue with new SW code to decrement exhaustion on Long Rest.

rhagelstrom
January 12th, 2022, 23:27
Hello

I've been super busy lately but I do look to give exhaustion some more love here soon.

BushViper
January 12th, 2022, 23:44
I've been super busy lately but I do look to give exhaustion some more love here soon.

I honestly couldn't ask for more than what you've already done.

I genuinely appreciate the work you put in to this extension as Exhaustion plays a significant role in my campaigns and I'm excited to see what you plan for the future.

MrDDT
January 13th, 2022, 02:25
Hello

Man you DMs are brutal! 1 level exhaustion per fail save? RIP. I love it.

@Rhagelstrom thanks for all your hard work, your EXTs are so awesome.

BushViper
January 13th, 2022, 03:53
Man you DMs are brutal! 1 level exhaustion per fail save? RIP. I love it.

@Rhagelstrom thanks for all your hard work, your EXTs are so awesome.

Indeed. Rhagelstrom implemented the feature that I asked for which allows DMs to change the number of Exhaustion levels a PC gets when knocked unconscious.

In my game, being knocked unconscious is an automatic 2 levels of Exhaustion and when an unconscious PC is revived the PC is incapacitated until the start of that character's next turn as they collect themselves after a near-death experience.

There isn't any of that whack-a-mole nonsense at my table. Getting knocked-out has real consequences and you can't just revive someone to have them immediately back in the fight. Reviving someone requires strategy because they are completely defenseless until the start of their next turn.

eporrini
May 18th, 2022, 17:21
I started noticing the auto-exhaustion was not being activated when a player was healed from zero HP. It works in test with just this extension loaded so I started to hunt for interactions with other extensions. What I have found is that when this is loaded along with Celestian's Advanced effects extension it no longer auto adds the exhaustion level after the heal. Both extensions seem to be working fine on their own. Not sure if this is something @Rhagelstrom can look at or if I need to ask Celestian to see if he can help. I heavily utilize both extensions.

rhagelstrom
May 18th, 2022, 17:31
I started noticing the auto-exhaustion was not being activated when a player was healed from zero HP. It works in test with just this extension loaded so I started to hunt for interactions with other extensions. What I have found is that when this is loaded along with Celestian's Advanced effects extension it no longer auto adds the exhaustion level after the heal. Both extensions seem to be working fine on their own. Not sure if this is something @Rhagelstrom can look at or if I need to ask Celestian to see if he can help. I heavily utilize both extensions.

I'll have a look. I run both those in my games and I had two characters in my Monday game auto gain a level of exhaustion when healed from 0 HP.

rhagelstrom
May 18th, 2022, 19:05
I tried this with Advanced Effects and Exhausted loaded. Healing from 0 HP gave me a level of exhaustion (with the house rule set to one). I can't reproduce so I'll need a more specific information on how to reproduce the behavior you are seeing

eporrini
May 19th, 2022, 14:10
I tried this with Advanced Effects and Exhausted loaded. Healing from 0 HP gave me a level of exhaustion (with the house rule set to one). I can't reproduce so I'll need a more specific information on how to reproduce the behavior you are seeing

I did some additional troubleshooting and I was able to track down more detail. The exhaustion is not applied when a combination of Advanced Effects, Better Combat Effects, and Exhausted are loaded at the same time. I tested this in a new "clean" campaign and was able to replicate the problem. It works if either Advanced Effects or Better Combat Effects is not loaded with Exhausted, and all extensions seem to be working otherwise.

eporrini
May 20th, 2022, 22:25
I did some additional troubleshooting and I was able to track down more detail. The exhaustion is not applied when a combination of Advanced Effects, Better Combat Effects, and Exhausted are loaded at the same time. I tested this in a new "clean" campaign and was able to replicate the problem. It works if either Advanced Effects or Better Combat Effects is not loaded with Exhausted, and all extensions seem to be working otherwise.

Just wanted to offer up that if this is fixed in your gold edition of better combat effects let me know, I am happy to purchase that extension. I don't really need the additional features at this time, but I use three of your extensions and I am happy to support!!

rhagelstrom
May 20th, 2022, 23:36
Just wanted to offer up that if this is fixed in your gold edition of better combat effects let me know, I am happy to purchase that extension. I don't really need the additional features at this time, but I use three of your extensions and I am happy to support!!

It appears a to be a conflict between the three extensions. The issue is with BCE which I have a fix for and will roll it out in the next few days after I finish up a few other things. Exhausted won't need an update.

BCEG is on sale right now btw

rhagelstrom
May 21st, 2022, 05:06

Fixed in BCE 2.45 / BCEG 3.12

Rixx
May 23rd, 2022, 07:14
The Max HP being set to -0 is still an issue btw.

rhagelstrom
August 6th, 2022, 19:11
Version Update: 1.7
Added: Support for NPCs gaining exhaustion with option weather it is used
Changed: Moved all extension option to their own group for ease of finding when many extensions are loaded
Changed: Cleaned up default effect string for no Mad Nomad support. Cleans up CT
Code Cleanup
Maintenance for ruleset change

Kind of hated to touch this since there hasn't been any reported issues in a while but I made some adjustments that clean some things up. Biggest is support for NPCs and defaulting the effect text to something cleaner than it was before. You can still get the boxes to color correctly with Mad Nomads extension if you up the verbosity of Exhausted however its not Exhausted responsibilty to be doing that and instead Char Sheet Effects display should know what the Exhaustion condition is, what the associated levels mean, and color itself appropriately.

MrDDT
August 6th, 2022, 20:03
Thanks.

BushViper
August 6th, 2022, 22:32
Version Update: 1.7
Added: Support for NPCs gaining exhaustion with option weather it is used
Changed: Moved all extension option to their own group for ease of finding when many extensions are loaded
Changed: Cleaned up default effect string for no Mad Nomad support. Cleans up CT
Code Cleanup
Maintenance for ruleset change

Kind of hated to touch this since there hasn't been any reported issues in a while but I made some adjustments that clean some things up. Biggest is support for NPCs and defaulting the effect text to something cleaner than it was before. You can still get the boxes to color correctly with Mad Nomads extension if you up the verbosity of Exhausted however its not Exhausted responsibilty to be doing that and instead Char Sheet Effects display should know what the Exhaustion condition is, what the associated levels mean, and color itself appropriately.

Awesome.

I genuinely love this extension as Exhaustion is a grossly underused mechanic, but I use it quite often to inject a bit more realism and challenge into my 5e games.

KiotaKahn
August 10th, 2022, 23:31
I am also getting "MAXHP: -0" at both 4 and 6 levels of exhaustion. (I'm assuming that at 6 it would be set to whatever their original max HP was.) Have removed all other extensions, loading only this one, and still get the same issue.

rhagelstrom
August 11th, 2022, 02:09
I am also getting "MAXHP: -0" at both 4 and 6 levels of exhaustion. (I'm assuming that at 6 it would be set to whatever their original max HP was.) Have removed all other extensions, loading only this one, and still get the same issue.

I'll take a look. I was going to support Constitutional Amendments and its adjusted HP with the last update and I completely forgot.

KiotaKahn
August 15th, 2022, 04:52
I'll take a look. I was going to support Constitutional Amendments and its adjusted HP with the last update and I completely forgot.

Seeing this, I added Constitutional Amendments to my load list, and all is working as expected.

Dax Doomslayer
August 19th, 2022, 20:02
Is there anyway to get a copy of the previous version of this extension? I inadvertently updated it without backing up the previous version and it's not working well with FGC. If not, no worries and thanks for this extension. I love it.

MrDDT
August 19th, 2022, 20:33

Here is 1.6, let me know if this works for you.

Dax Doomslayer
August 19th, 2022, 20:43
Thanks MrDDT! I believe this is working as best I can tell. We don't play until Monday but I think I'm good from my tests. If not, I'll be back - lol. I appreciate this!

rhagelstrom
August 20th, 2022, 21:25
You can always get old or current code from my GitHub

https://github.com/rhagelstrom/Exhausted/blob/239c5598a5b5513514023804fd29c424f597b523/Exhausted.ext

ShadowedHand
September 12th, 2022, 03:45

Noticing this issue is back, kinda...

The exhaustion on heal effect works on NPCs, but not on player characters. :confused:

Played with multiple variants of the options, no change.

Here are the extensions I have loaded

Any known conflicts?

rhagelstrom
September 12th, 2022, 17:56
Noticing this issue is back, kinda...

The exhaustion on heal effect works on NPCs, but not on player characters. :confused:

Played with multiple variants of the options, no change.

Here are the extensions I have loaded

Any known conflicts?

There isn't any known conflicts. I'll take a look at what is going on as it is probably something on my end. Seems odd that it would conflict with Advanced Effects though.

dendarii
September 12th, 2022, 21:47
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/70/view

*Post I was replying to was deleted, I think.

ShadowedHand
September 15th, 2022, 14:35
There isn't any known conflicts. I'll take a look at what is going on as it is probably something on my end. Seems odd that it would conflict with Advanced Effects though.

So I ran a test campaign with nothing but the Exhausted extension running and got the same result.

PC healed from 0 - not working

NPC healed from 0 - working normally

rhagelstrom
September 17th, 2022, 20:00
Version Update 1.8
Fixed - PC not getting exhaustion on heal from 0
Removed - Verbose from NPCs
Removed - Faction as an option as faction isn't really a thing and just adds confusion

ShadowedHand
September 17th, 2022, 21:11
Version Update 1.8
Fixed - PC not getting exhaustion on heal from 0
Removed - Verbose from NPCs
Removed - Faction as an option as faction isn't really a thing and just adds confusion

Nice!

Confirmed, both working again.

Thanks rhagelstrom!

Sesa
October 5th, 2022, 16:19
Is there a chance we get a version with the current playtest exhaustion rules? So -1 to all d20 tests (checks, attacks, saves) and -1 to spell DCs?

rhagelstrom
October 5th, 2022, 16:32
Is there a chance we get a version with the current playtest exhaustion rules? So -1 to all d20 tests (checks, attacks, saves) and -1 to spell DCs?

Yes I can do that

MrDDT
October 5th, 2022, 17:07
EXHAUSTED [CONDITION]
While you are subjected to the Exhausted Condition (known in older books as Exhaustion), you experience the following effects: Levels of Exhaustion. This Condition is cumulative. Each time you receive it, you gain 1 level of exhaustion. You die if your exhaustion level exceeds 10. d20 Rolls Affected. When you make a d20 Test, you subtract your exhaustion level from the d20 roll. Spell Save DCs Affected. Subtract your exhaustion level from the Spell save DC of any Spell you cast. Ending the Condition. Finishing a Long Rest removes 1 of your levels of exhaustion. When your exhaustion level reaches 0, you are no longer Exhausted.

For people that don't know. (I didn't know I had to look it up)

I love that D&D One is calling it the same name of your ext now :)

rhagelstrom
October 5th, 2022, 17:30
For people that don't know. (I didn't know I had to look it up)

I love that D&D One is calling it the same name of your ext now :)

Right but they seem to use exhaustion and exhausted interchangeably in the current write-up which adds slight confusion.

MrDDT
October 5th, 2022, 17:45
Right but they seem to use exhaustion and exhausted interchangeably in the current write-up which adds slight confusion.

Exhausted is a condition.
You get this condition anytime you have at least 1 level of exhaustion. Exhaustion goes to 10 levels. That make it more clear?

rhagelstrom
October 6th, 2022, 02:10
Version Update 1.9
Feature: Option to use One DnD playtest exhaustion/exhausted rules instead of 5E

Couple of things with this...
I also implemented the ranger feature "Tireless".
Will not make characters "Dead" at exhaustion level 11, you'll have to do that yourself. Doing that automatically is probably going to cause more problems than solve.

MrDDT
October 6th, 2022, 02:34
Version Update 1.9
Feature: Option to use One DnD playtest exhaustion/exhausted rules instead of 5E

Couple of things with this...
I also implemented the ranger feature "Tireless".
Will not make characters "Dead" at exhaustion level 11, you'll have to do that yourself. Doing that automatically is probably going to cause more problems than solve.

Wow that was fast. I will check it out.

rhagelstrom
October 25th, 2022, 23:46
Version Update: 1.10
Fixed: Playtest D&D One not working with SAVES - Better Combat Effects conflict - load ordering

0m0n
October 27th, 2022, 00:02
There appears to be a conflict between this extension and Kent McCullough' Automatic Shield Master. Having just this extension and shield master active causes the shield master to not add the +2 for shield on dex saves. No errors just fails to work.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314675/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Shield-Master

Exhausted Enabled

Exhausted Disabled

rhagelstrom
October 27th, 2022, 02:28
There appears to be a conflict between this extension and Kent McCullough' Automatic Shield Master. Having just this extension and shield master active causes the shield master to not add the +2 for shield on dex saves. No errors just fails to work.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314675/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Shield-Master

Exhausted Enabled

Exhausted Disabled

I looked at it quick and its Exhausted, dumb error on my part. I'll get a fix up tomorrow. Should fix anything save related that people are having issues with

0m0n
October 27th, 2022, 02:39
I looked at it quick and its Exhausted, dumb error on my part. I'll get a fix up tomorrow. Should fix anything save related that people are having issues with

Thanks. Much appreciated.

rhagelstrom
October 27th, 2022, 15:32
Version Update: v1.11
Fixed: Save mod not working with DnD one additions

0m0n
October 27th, 2022, 23:20
Thanks. Can confirm the update fixes the issue between exhausted and Automatic Shield Master.

ZelieDad
November 5th, 2022, 13:22
I've found an issue I believe with this extension. I'm using the One DnD rules, and additional house rules as to when to apply the condition. I noticed that my players are gaining a level of exhaustion when something like cure wounds is cast on them. That's not the correct behavior. I wouldn't expect any levels of exhaustion to be added or subtracted when I spell is cast on a PC with 0 hp.

For clarity, my house rules around exhaustion are, if you drop to 0 hit points, you gain a level of exhaustion, and if you fail a death saving throw, you gain a level of exhaustion.

MrDDT
November 5th, 2022, 14:43
I've found an issue I believe with this extension. I'm using the One DnD rules, and additional house rules as to when to apply the condition. I noticed that my players are gaining a level of exhaustion when something like cure wounds is cast on them. That's not the correct behavior. I wouldn't expect any levels of exhaustion to be added or subtracted when I spell is cast on a PC with 0 hp.

For clarity, my house rules around exhaustion are, if you drop to 0 hit points, you gain a level of exhaustion, and if you fail a death saving throw, you gain a level of exhaustion.

I'm not seeing this, are you talking about they are getting a level of exhaustion when they have any cure wounds cast on them? Or only when they go from 0hp and have cure wounds cast on them?

Also the level of exhaustion is added once they come back from being KO not while they are at 0hp.

ZelieDad
November 5th, 2022, 18:14
I'm not seeing this, are you talking about they are getting a level of exhaustion when they have any cure wounds cast on them? Or only when they go from 0hp and have cure wounds cast on them?

Also the level of exhaustion is added once they come back from being KO not while they are at 0hp.

When they go from 0hp to having cure wounds cast on them. I think that is the issue. I'm adding one exhaustion level when they go to 0hp, and I guess that's not the right time to add it.

I just tested this again. I dropped an PC to 0hp, they got the unconscious, and prone conditions added to them in the CT. I then cast cure wounds on them, and it removed the unconscious condition, added the appropriate amount of hp, and added the exhausted condition, but it had "Exhaustion; EXHAUSTION: OFF". This is the first time I'm seeing this with "OFF".

So, I guess at this point, I would change "OFF" to "1". That seems reasonable, but I would be nice if it added the condition at the same time that the unconscious and prone conditions were added, even if it just added the "OFF" level as a reminder.

rhagelstrom
November 6th, 2022, 22:28
When they go from 0hp to having cure wounds cast on them. I think that is the issue. I'm adding one exhaustion level when they go to 0hp, and I guess that's not the right time to add it.

I just tested this again. I dropped an PC to 0hp, they got the unconscious, and prone conditions added to them in the CT. I then cast cure wounds on them, and it removed the unconscious condition, added the appropriate amount of hp, and added the exhausted condition, but it had "Exhaustion; EXHAUSTION: OFF". This is the first time I'm seeing this with "OFF".

So, I guess at this point, I would change "OFF" to "1". That seems reasonable, but I would be nice if it added the condition at the same time that the unconscious and prone conditions were added, even if it just added the "OFF" level as a reminder.

One of the updates I adjusted the options from off to Off. Maybe try cycling that options and see if that resolves the issue? In the meantime I'll take a look but that is my best guess at this point.

rhagelstrom
November 10th, 2022, 01:15

Version Update: 1.12
Fixed - Exhausted: OFF was added on heal from dead when option is off and have had previous versions of Exhausted

Confirmed that cycling the options would fix it on the users end but this fix the user shouldn't have to do that.

rhagelstrom
November 25th, 2022, 17:32
Version Update: 1.13
Fixed: Forgot init for One D&D Roll20 check
Fixed: Decrement exhaustion on rest from character sheet
Code Cleanup

Fingersome
December 8th, 2022, 16:01
I think it could be useful to add an effect to prevent a long rest from decrementing exhaustion...?

rhagelstrom
December 10th, 2022, 06:26
I think it could be useful to add an effect to prevent a long rest from decrementing exhaustion...?

I could probably do that.

rhagelstrom
December 13th, 2022, 19:27
Version Update 1.14
Feature: Added STAYEXHAUST effect to which will prevent EXHAUSTION from being decremented on rest

WinterSoldier7
January 2nd, 2023, 16:41
Hey rhagelstrom, is it intentional that when using the One D&D rules for exhaustion rolls get a 'EXHAUSTED -1' in the chat, but the die roll isn't actually effected?

rhagelstrom
January 2nd, 2023, 21:04
Hey rhagelstrom, is it intentional that when using the One D&D rules for exhaustion rolls get a 'EXHAUSTED -1' in the chat, but the die roll isn't actually effected?

Negative is not intended I'll give it a look

rhagelstrom
February 19th, 2023, 21:38
Version Update: 1.15
Updated DB calls for how SW wants them with the incoming update
Added Luacheck for automated code analysis for errors/warning
Code Formatting

rhagelstrom
March 1st, 2023, 00:09
Version update 1.16
Fixed: Options formatting

Xerophilex
April 24th, 2023, 19:29
When I add the exhaustion condition, the duration is only set to one round and I have to manually change it. Is this the intended behavior? I have the variant onednd rule on by the way.

rhagelstrom
April 24th, 2023, 20:45
When I add the exhaustion condition, the duration is only set to one round and I have to manually change it. Is this the intended behavior? I have the variant onednd rule on by the way.

I can't reproduce this. Does this happen in a clean campaign with no other extensions?

Colopatiron
April 24th, 2023, 22:31
I have bceg enabled, and some other extensions. I will try and isolate which extension is conflicting with it.

rob2e
May 19th, 2023, 00:56
IMMUNE: Exhaustion isn't working. What am I doing wrong?

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2023, 08:43
IMMUNE: Exhaustion isn't working. What am I doing wrong?

You can't be immune to exhaustion. It's the only condition that you can't be immune to. (this is a ruleset thing not a rule).

rhagelstrom
May 19th, 2023, 16:48
You can't be immune to exhaustion. It's the only condition that you can't be immune to. (this is a ruleset thing not a rule).

It should work in this case with this extension. I'll look into it. @rob2e

rob2e
May 19th, 2023, 18:11
ThanX!

rhagelstrom
May 20th, 2023, 15:53
Version update: 1.17
Fixed: exhaustion immunities were not working correctly

rob2e
May 20th, 2023, 17:03
ThanX!

MrDDT
May 20th, 2023, 18:52
Awesome thanks!

Arnagus
December 16th, 2023, 17:28
It might be a stupid question, but what is the right / foreseen method to reduce Exhaustion (e.g. through a potion) beside a long rest?
Adding "Exhaustion: -1" as an effect to the character? Anything I overlooked?

rhagelstrom
February 25th, 2024, 18:23
Version Update: 1.18
Fixed: Summing not working correctly