PDA

View Full Version : Dwellers of the Forbidden City 2e

Devil Dog
July 13th, 2021, 03:57
I have purchased Dwellers of the Forbidden City 2E and am experiencing some technical problems. The following maps are just coming up as a black screen: I and J (both player and dm maps); DM map H; and Player map C. For the DM maps, the shortcut pins are there, but they are resting on a black screen. In addition, the shortcut pins on all of the maps simply open a blank window entitled "New Story"

superteddy57
July 13th, 2021, 22:09
MOD: Moved to Classic D&D forums as this is related to a module within the ruleset.

I checked the module in question and was not able to replicate it. Can you verify that you have the latest update for the module?

Devil Dog
July 14th, 2021, 23:17
I just updated FGU today. I am still experiencing the same problem.

Devil Dog
July 14th, 2021, 23:22

superteddy57
July 14th, 2021, 23:31
I just updated FGU today. I am still experiencing the same problem.

I am still not seeing what you have shown with those particular images. Can you try and see if reverting the module may help? In the image below your would right click on the module in that window and see if the button in the top left is available and click it. Please understand that this will revert any changes you may have made to the module.

If that does not help, then I would suggest deleting the module file either in your modules folder or the vault file in your vault folder. I believe the vault file would contain WOTC2EI1 in its name if it is in the vault. Then re-run the update to download the module again.

Devil Dog
July 19th, 2021, 02:52
Hello Dominic,
Well, I had a bit of luck when I deleted the module first in the vault folder and then in the module folder for the campaign--unfortunately, it was all bad luck. Now all of the maps are coming up as a black screen. Prior to this, I tried reverting the module and that had no effect.
Any other things I might try?

Devil Dog
July 19th, 2021, 02:54
I've checked prior adventure modules that I used, and they are all fine. So the problem is only with Dwellers of the Forbidden City.

superteddy57
July 19th, 2021, 14:25
Hello Dominic,
Well, I had a bit of luck when I deleted the module first in the vault folder and then in the module folder for the campaign--unfortunately, it was all bad luck. Now all of the maps are coming up as a black screen. Prior to this, I tried reverting the module and that had no effect.
Any other things I might try?

As I mentioned previously I'm not receiving those errors with the module. I'm unsure what else to try. I might have to reach out to the developer to look into this further.

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2021, 17:37
Try deleting the "moduledb" folder within your campaign. This folder stores edits for any modules within the campaign, including maps. Note, this will reset all modules back to a clean state.

Regards,
JPG

Devil Dog
July 20th, 2021, 01:09
I tried deleting the "moduleb" folder and still no change. All of the maps are still coming up as black screens.

Devil Dog
July 20th, 2021, 01:15
Hello Dominic,
Can you please send me separate screenshots of maps I & J? That way, I can at least share the map as a photo with the players and we will be able to talk our way through their exploration. Thanks.

Devil Dog
July 20th, 2021, 01:19
I have Fantasy Grounds on two separe computers--a desktop and a laptop. I've been using my laptop when attempting the repairs. I left my desktop untouched, so I still have all of the maps showing on that one except for I and J. Hence my request for separate screenshots of them.

superteddy57
July 20th, 2021, 04:39
Hello Dominic,
Can you please send me separate screenshots of maps I & J? That way, I can at least share the map as a photo with the players and we will be able to talk our way through their exploration. Thanks.

Unfortunately no, I can not share out the map in that way.

hawkwind
July 22nd, 2021, 08:37
Hi Im the developer for this module, it was the first module I did way before FGUnity existed! Like Super Teddy 57 I cannot reproduce the errors you having as per the screenshots attached, Could you check your assets folder for the module as per the screenshots and check you can see the maps that way and then check the maps you having problems and see that layers window when you press the padlock upon only has one layer? Can you see the maps in the reference manual?

Previous people have said delete the module and re downloading it, the file to delete is this one WOTC2EI1.dat I have attached a screen shot of the file in Windows explorer

Also due to licencing issues i can't share a full copy of the map however all the maps are taken from the original paper module and the maps are by modern standards crude and unsuited to be used as battlemaps, you can google free better quality maps for this adventure

have a look at these for examplehttps://dysonlogos.blog/tag/dwellers-of-the-forbidden-city/ or these https://imgur.com/a/NHVwB

fharlang
November 8th, 2021, 06:05
I have this issue, created a new campaign and I only get blank maps. All maps are like this.

hawkwind
November 8th, 2021, 17:56
just tried loading the module and the maps load fine for me
D:\Fantasy grounds unity\Fantasy Grounds\vault or the equivalent on your machine and find the file labelled "WOTC2EI1.dat" , delete it then reload and update FGU

fharlang
November 8th, 2021, 19:58
Tried that yesterday, same problem no images for any map. I even created a new campaign only opened 1 mod (the adventure) and no extensions same issue.

JohnD
November 8th, 2021, 20:45

celestian
November 8th, 2021, 22:01
For what it's worth im seeing the same thing i.e. when trying to view a Map it's get no image. Records->Images->Any map.

Tried test channel and live. I deleted the file, forced a check for updates, got the new file. Loaded module, make sure all changes were reverted...

JohnD
November 9th, 2021, 01:46
So there is something strange with this module I think.

I can't find the maps under Images anywhere. I can see them in Assets though.

To actually see any of the images, I have to click on Create Image Record while previewing the image.

Then I can see the image in question but it still isn't the one with the module - it is the copy I just made.

Also, no pictures appear in the Reference Manual.

ChrisRevocateur
November 9th, 2021, 15:36
I went to see if I was experiencing this myself and I noticed that every time I tried to open an image record from the module I was getting this message in the chat:
s'Importing older FGC style scale/suffix into FGU.' | s'10' | s'ft'

celestian
November 9th, 2021, 15:54
I went to see if I was experiencing this myself and I noticed that every time I tried to open an image record from the module I was getting this message in the chat:
s'Importing older FGC style scale/suffix into FGU.' | s'10' | s'ft'

Thats normal and doesn't have any relation to the Dwellers issue. FGC didn't have the ability to store those values and I created them in the 2e ruleset. FGU does have the ability but it's not using my data points so I have to grab them and convert them to FGU when you open the map. You'll see it in ToEE or any adventure made in FGC.

https://i.imgur.com/ckFC3QU.png

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2021, 16:58
You should probably move to a console message, if still needed.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
November 9th, 2021, 18:09
You should probably move to a console message, if still needed.

Regards,
JPG

I thought it might be useful to show but perhaps it's a inside-baseball thing. I can certainly hide it ;)

ChrisRevocateur
November 9th, 2021, 18:10
Gotcha. Hadn't ever noticed it before.

fharlang
November 11th, 2021, 22:42
Do we have a fix for this issue yet?

celestian
November 11th, 2021, 23:28

I would contact support, point them at this thread for the details and let them work it out with the content dev.

JohnD
November 12th, 2021, 03:37

I'm not even sure we've figured out what's causing the problem yet.

hawkwind
November 12th, 2021, 23:10
Not sure what was causing the problem, but i have exported a new version and had it independently tested by Celestian. should get updated via FG early next week