PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 2e Extinction Curse (Tuesdays 5pm pst) FGU/Discord

Kanaric
July 12th, 2021, 22:41
Starting a new PF2 campaign, I have briefly played it and the players I have now are coming from DND. We will be learning the setting and gameplay and welcome people of all skill levels.

We have continuously run games for years now and conflicting schedules led some of our players to leave so we are looking on finding more.

FG License: GM has Ultimate
Game System: PF2

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: Tuesday 5pm
If new game, planned start date: July 20th
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, plan to do all 6 APs

We typically run games if we have 4 players, any less we delay for a week.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: GM records for notes.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Group is mixed.

Number of Players in game & needed: 4 in game, would like 1 or 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 with basic starting equipment
Character restrictions: "Uncommon" or higher only with GM approval. I use the more uncommon or rare choices as a reward for previous players who were in previous games and who contributed something special. Like we have one player who is playing as a lizardfolk right now, he recorded detailed notes for every session and gave the most detailed synopsis of all the players before every game.

Uncommon weapons (like Katana) i'm far more open to players using freely.

Details of your scenario:

The background on extinction curse can be found in a variety of places like here https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Extinction_Curse

Basically you are in a traveling circus and weird unnatural things start happening on the island you are roaming

If you join this campaign the group you will be getting involved with is mixed in terms of being casual and focused on game mechanics and mixed in terms of RP and Combat preference. I find it easy to cater to all but 1 player may be more active during conversations than others to give you an idea. This group isn't a very 'serious' group and takes the game in a more silly direction at times and this specific campaign is about a Circus. Our games have been running since 2014 with 3-6 people coming and going so we must be doing something right.

Any questions please ask if you don't want to ask as a reply DM me.

DMReckless
July 13th, 2021, 00:48
How interested/disinterested would you be in player(s) who have already played through the first two books but are able to avoid spoiler/metagame?

And how much circus involvement will there be (1st couple books lend to playing up circus aspect, but throwing it into the background after the first book also works.

Kanaric
July 13th, 2021, 03:08
How interested/disinterested would you be in player(s) who have already played through the first two books but are able to avoid spoiler/metagame?

And how much circus involvement will there be (1st couple books lend to playing up circus aspect, but throwing it into the background after the first book also works.

I don't think they would care so long as you don't metagame.

As far as the circus two players are interested in running it so at least right now. We will have to see how long their interest stays. If you or one of them are into wanting us to run that they would probably stay interested in it. They have all been good with side activities.