PDA

View Full Version : Palladium (Rifts) - What features do you want in a ruleset?

jharp
July 12th, 2021, 14:51
Hello everyone,

I am creating a Palladium universe ruleset and I wanted to know what areas are your greatest pain points in the Palladium world that could use some automated help.

I have limited experience running games but it seems to me that the first point of pain is character creation so that is my starting point but I want to know the war stories that would have been greatly helped with some automation. The more input I get the better I can make the experience.

Automation Wishlist

1. Character Creation
2. Auto updating character sheet w/ tabs for basic info, combat bonuses, psionics, magic, equipment, etc.
3. Opponent tracker (basic bonuses/damage/MDC/map token

Thanks,

LordEntrails
July 12th, 2021, 17:10
I'm wondering if you might not get better visibility asking this in the CoreRPG or Tavern forums. Here is mostly developers so I fear you won't get many interested folks reading your post.

Let me know if you would like this thread moved.

jharp
July 12th, 2021, 20:02
Yes please move it where you think it will get the most visibility.

Thanks,

LordEntrails
July 12th, 2021, 23:36
MOD: the Tavern should be good. Future ruleset specific discussion would best be in CoreRPG, but since you r proposing a new ruleset, I think the Tavern will be best for you.

CD0369
July 13th, 2021, 01:03
JHarp,
I do not have any stories to share is it has been several decades since I have played Rifts. But, I would like to share my enthusiasm at the prospect of having either Rifts or Rifts Chaos Earth ruleset. I have not heard if Palladium had taken the plunge to support VTTs. I know another publisher I like has not yet decided to fully support VTTs either. It would be nice if both did. Anywho, best of luck for you.

Talyn
July 13th, 2021, 01:41
I am creating a Palladium universe ruleset

Just curious -- Official or community/personal ruleset?

jharp
July 13th, 2021, 02:31
The intention is an official ruleset and therefore I will need to work out some Palladium/SW issues. So any dreams on the automation?

JohnD
July 15th, 2021, 00:04
The intention is an official ruleset and therefore I will need to work out some Palladium/SW issues. So any dreams on the automation?

Before you get too far in your journey, you might want to explore whether Palladium and Smiteworks are interested.

ChrisRevocateur
July 15th, 2021, 00:48
Kevin Siembieda posted back in October that it was him not getting around to signing a contract with SW that was holding an official ruleset up. So it sounds like both Palladium and SmiteWorks have intentions for it, but either the contract or having a developer available are holding it up. Sounds like we've got a willing developer now, so it's really just finding out the state of the contracts that Siembieda was talking about.