PDA

View Full Version : Dice Output In Chat

UrsaTeddy
July 12th, 2021, 00:54
Hi,

is it possible to output multiple dice strings in the chat on one line?

What I mean is, I roll 3 different dice, instead of getting a single output with the three dice listed, I would like them to display separately on the same line, but in separate boxes.

Or is the system limited to a single box on the right for dice output?

If that is the case, is this a core (as in hard coded) thing or can it be changed in an extension?

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2021, 06:46
Each "chat entry" can only have a single "roll" box.

You could potentially have one line with all the details and first roll; and have no message and just rolls on remaining entries after. You would need to submit multiple chat messages to do that.

Regards,
JPG

UrsaTeddy
July 12th, 2021, 07:08
Thank you for that ... that is what I have been doing but it clutters the screen a little.

It would have been nicer to list each die on the same line as the final result so a quick scan to the right gives the result you need, and if you are needed seperate information you have it to the left.

Is this a limitation in the actual core programming of FGU? Or is it CoreRPG?

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2021, 17:31
It's part of the "chatwindow" control; and is hard-coded to translate chat "messages" into chat "entries" in the chat window list. It is completely internal; and there is no way to customize other than what is available in the chat messages.

Regards,
JPG

UrsaTeddy
July 12th, 2021, 17:32
Okay thanks for the information ... I will make do with what I have at this time.