PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Play or DM a game.

Tokuriku
August 9th, 2007, 15:50
I have an opening to Play or DM a game on Saturdays 12:00am to 4:00am GMT.
I could make it one week in two.
I am comfortable with DMing as I have 15 years experience but I have never done it in English.
I can play D&D and can DM "The Dark Eye", Star Wars D6 (ruleset is coming pretty good but not finished) and also a Samurai game in L5R or Sengoku with a generic ruleset.
I could DM D&D but the player(s) would have to keep in mind my lack of background knowledge about the world.

Interested, give a reply :)

p.s: I'm actually in japan so the game would be +9 GMT for me... those in America would have a game Friday nights.

Blue Haven
August 10th, 2007, 15:14
Hi Kenshin :)
Did you get my message?? maybe we can work out something but i would prefer in D&D world...
I´m at GMT+1 :)

Hamish
August 10th, 2007, 20:27
You don't need sleep? Or you drink way too much coffee? :)
Or you haven't really understood the time Kenshin wants to play at.....

Blue Haven
August 11th, 2007, 14:32
Do you have a problem with that...?? i don´t , so why don´t you go see if it raining or not hum...?
Bye

l1wolf
August 11th, 2007, 20:39
if I am doing the math right then the time for me .. currently EST ... then it would be 6pm to 10pm on Friday. I would be interedted in a d&d game.

Tokuriku
August 12th, 2007, 01:47
Ok, so we have 2 interested now :)
L1wolf want's a D&D game, how about you Blue Heaven?

Also, I need to know if you are willing to use Skype or some other voice over IP program.
I prefer to use those in my games because it speeds things up.

Blue Haven
August 13th, 2007, 20:13
Like i said in the other post i perfer D&D too :D but i don´t have any of those programs because i don´t have a micro :(
Tell me one thing, at what time does the game starts??

Lupus Astrum
August 14th, 2007, 01:49
よ~

このゲームは英語で。。。ね?

けんしんさんの英語はマジ強い、ああ?

Tokuriku
August 15th, 2007, 15:17
Blue Haven: The time would be from 1:00 am to 5:00 am for you if you are GMT+1.

Lupus Astrum: お久しぶりですね ;)
はい、できれば英語でやりたいです。
僕の日本語はまだまだ「TRPG」のレベルまで行ってません。
食べられると食べさせるとかはまだまだマスターしません。
ゲームの流れの中でそういう微妙な違いは簡単に話を崩れると思いますね。
でも近い未来に許される日本人がいれば、日本語でゲームをやって見たいですよ。
日本に来てから、僕が大好きなゲームを日本語で「DM」出来れば、夢になちゃったんです。
「出来れば最高だなー」と思っています :D

ルプスさんはもうアメリカに付きましたね?
ぜひ参加してほしい。
ルプスさんの「roleplay」は大したレベルだそうです。
その上に日本人と一緒に「TRPG」を楽しみたいです!

As for skype, I believe a lot of people prefer text for roleplay and I do tend to agree. For the rest, the job of a gamemaster demands a lot of stuff behind the scenes and being able to "tell" what is happenning or settle the "Out of Character" stuff instead of "typing" it really makes things more pleasant.

Of course, if everyone want's to go for a text base only game, I will yield to the will of the players there and accomodate you all, but you'll have to remember that things might slow considerably.

Blue Haven
August 15th, 2007, 15:52
Crap :( i can´t...not at home...sorry

Nuke_da_cows
August 16th, 2007, 17:47
Still accepting?
GMT -8

Tokuriku
August 17th, 2007, 00:42
Yes, with you, the group is at 4 members and I will go up to 5.
I will give priority to Lupus for the 5th seat and then start the campaing calendar. The game itself will start very soon, be prepared.

Nuke_da_cows
August 18th, 2007, 15:33
ready when you are

Tokuriku
August 18th, 2007, 16:16
Unless I'm mistaken, you should have received an invitation to the game's calendar. Start with that and we will work on your character when you can. I will make time next week for 1 or 2 character creating/tuning sessions. The times will be anounced on the calendar. The first game should be on the 1st of September :)

Sederien
August 20th, 2007, 04:25
Out of curiosity, is this FG 1 or FG 2?

Tokuriku
August 20th, 2007, 07:37
It is a FGII game.

Sederien
August 20th, 2007, 08:28
Well, from the posts above, it sounds like the game may be full, but if someone is unable to show or if you do have room for another player, I'd be delighted to join.

I sent you a PM to that effect.

ああ、ところで日本語を話せます。まだ上手じゃありませんけど。

Tokuriku
August 20th, 2007, 16:31
Thanks to everyone for showing interest :)
The places are all taken now.
If a seat opens, I'll be sure to mention it here.

The next time I post here will be to link a thread of the campaign per say.
Instead of this "shall we make a game" thread, It will be for discussion and info about the game itself.

Thread Closed

thiha
August 22nd, 2007, 17:40
kenshin‚³‚ñ?A‚¨‹v‚µ‚Ô‚è?@(^_^)ƒmƒV?@‚¿‚å‚Á‚Æ—§‚¿Šñ ‚Á‚Ä‚Ý‚Ü‚µ‚½?B
V‚µ‚*FG‚ŃLƒƒƒ“ƒy?[ƒ“ŠJŽn‚·‚é‚ñ‚¾‚Ë?B‚·‚΂炵~!
‚à‚µFG‚Å“ú–{Œê‚ªŽg‚¦‚é‚È‚çˆê“xŽ©•ª‚àDM‚Æ‚µ‚Ä‚±‚±‚Å ƒQ?[ƒ€‚̃?ƒ“ƒc‚ð•å?W‚µ‚Ä‚Ý‚½‚¢‚Å‚·?B
?E?E?E‚ª?A‚Ü‚¾“ú–{Œê‚ÍFG‚ÅŽg‚¦‚È‚¢‚Å‚·‚Ë~?BŽc”O?B
Šy‚µ‚¢ƒQ?[ƒ€‚É‚È‚é‚Æ‚¢‚¢‚Ë?B‰ž‰‡‚µ‚Ä‚Ü?[‚·?B
‚Å‚Í‚Å‚Í?B

・・・・・・・Oh my gosh, my Japanese scripts are all garbled.

Kenshin san, o-hisashi-buri, genki ni shite mas ka?
atarashiku, FG de campaign wo hajimeru n des ne! Subarashii~!
moshi FG demo Nihon-go wo tsukaeru nara, boku mo DM wo yatte mitai des ga,
zannen nagara, FG wa mada Nihon-go ga tsukae nai des ne......hontoo ni zannen
tanoshii game ni naru to iides ne!
jaa mata ne!

Hamish
August 22nd, 2007, 20:26
Right.... we tried translating Italian and Swedish in another thread, but I'm not even gonna try Japanese, even if it's written in letters I actually recognise.... :)

thiha
August 23rd, 2007, 19:51
Hamish, why not try for Japanese too? ;-)
https://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
Copy and paste any Japanese sentence into the left square, and then choose "日→英" (JP to EN) button placed between the two squares, then click "翻訳" (translate) button under the (JP to EN) button. You'll get English translation of the Japanese sentence in the right square. The quality of the translation is not bad.
(Note. it cannot translate roman letter Japanese).

thiha
August 23rd, 2007, 19:59
Hamish, why not try for Japanese too? ;-)
https://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
Copy and paste any Japanese sentence into the left square, and then choose "“ú?¨‰p" (JP to EN) button placed between the two squares, then click "–|–ó" (translate) button under the (JP to EN) button. You'll get English translation of the Japanese sentence in the right square. The quality of the translation is not bad.
(Note. it cannot translate roman letter Japanese).

I've just found the quality of the translation can be bad, depending on the degree of colloquialness of the sentence.:o

Sederien
August 23rd, 2007, 20:02
Automatic translation between English and Japanese is laughably bad in most cases.

I'm impressed that Kenshin can fluently communicate in both English and Japanese. (And was that first campaign post in French?!?)

Tokuriku
September 4th, 2007, 01:38
NOTICE

I closed this thread since I had 6 players "availlable" for the game.
Unfortunatly, I was forced to cut those that didn't participate.
(I had two invites that never got around to activate their membership in the game calendar...)

So the group is down to 2 sure and 1 maybe.
Hence the first game session was aborted since we had only 1 player and he chose to wait.
Therefore I open this thread again and here is what I'm seeking:

THE DARK EYE

We have room for 2 new players (first come first serve)
I will actually accept 4 NEW players and cut those that are not active within a single week.
This means that 2 may be waiting for an oppening.

The game is based on the D&D 3rd edition rules (Vitality variant)
We use Skype for descriptions from the GM and OOC
but the players are asked to use chat for their "In-Character" stuff.

The game world is based on "The Dark Eye" roleplaying world.
Here is information about that world:
The Dark Eye - Official Site (https://www.thedarkeyerpg.com/)
The Dark Eye - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye)

The only thing I can say that could potentially interest you is that this setting offers a lot of cultures to choose from as a human. There are at least 8 well defined human cultures that can give a LOT of flavor to your character.

Since I prefer to make campaigns that are character customized, I prefer to play a generic first quest then develop the rest from there so I could'nt announce a particular campaign specific at this moment.

If you feel interest for the game, pm me and I'll invite you to the game calendar.
If you have questions, ask them here.
The present players might also help you with their insight since they "glued" to the world pretty nicely :)

Tokuriku
September 9th, 2007, 08:48
The 2 players have been found so the group is now closed.
I accept 2 more players though but they will be waiting for a seat.
If you don't mind that and want to keep an eye on the campaign and what happens in it, then you are welcome.