PDA

View Full Version : Empower Spell (Multiply Dice by 1.5?)

wizardPatinkin
August 9th, 2007, 10:12
Is there a way in Fantasy Grounds to multiply each dice in a roll by 1.5? (As with Empower Spell feat?)

I'm trying to decide if I can even take Empower Spell for my character, because if the DM has to do all sorts of math and rounding, he might not let me have it.

Thanks!

richvalle
August 9th, 2007, 11:08
Don't do each die, do the total.

i.e not 4x1.5 + 3x1.5 + 6x1.5 but 13x1.5.

The easy way to do this is just take half of it and and it back in. So in the above example its half of 13 rounded down is 6 + the 13 is 19.

rv

Dachannien
August 9th, 2007, 14:26
FG already has a right-click option to show half of a die roll, so one way to do this would be:

1. Roll dice
2. Drag the die roll into the chat window, causing the total to be displayed
3. Right click the die roll and pick the 1/2 option
4. Manually add the two numbers

richvalle
August 9th, 2007, 15:06
FG already has a right-click option to show half of a die roll, so one way to do this would be:

1. Roll dice

Oh sure... do it the easy way. :)

Or, if it is damage, you can just drag and drop both numbers from chat box to wounds.

rv

Griogre
August 9th, 2007, 20:40

1. Roll dice
This is what I would do if you DM can't add. ;)

NymTevlyn
August 9th, 2007, 22:15
Except that's not how empower works. Empower doesn't increase the end result. It increases the variable effects of the spell. A lvl 10 wizard casting an empowered fireball rolls 15 dice, not 10 dice.

Griogre
August 10th, 2007, 00:17
Here is an example of where the PH is better because of the example text on page 93 that is cut from the SRD. The example with the Magic Missile there makes clear that you roll the normal amount of dice and mulitply it by 1.5 (or more correctly multiply each die result total by 1.5).

With just the SRD entry you could easily think you added more dice. Depends on whether you are playing D&D or d20 I suppose.