PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - Effective Pageantry

MeAndUnique
July 8th, 2021, 00:57
Current Version: 1.0.1

Effective Pageantry is an extension for CoreRPG based rulesets that adds paging support to the Effects window.

Check it out on GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/EffectivePageantry).
Feedback is always welcome, hope you enjoy it!

Jaegar
July 8th, 2021, 05:42
Thank You!

Leprekorn
July 8th, 2021, 08:52
Awesome

Aridhro
July 8th, 2021, 08:58
Thank you very much. This will help a lot.

knorbet77
July 8th, 2021, 09:19
Great work. Thanks!

Drogo210
July 8th, 2021, 11:54
Effective Pageantry is an extension for CoreRPG based rulesets that adds paging support to the Effects window.

Check it out on GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/EffectivePageantry).
Feedback is always welcome, hope you enjoy it!

Were is paypal ;)

MeAndUnique
July 8th, 2021, 16:39
It has been brought to my attention that, rather embarrassingly, the search bar isn't working. I am currently investigating the problem and will get a fix pushed out as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.

MrDDT
July 8th, 2021, 16:49
Thank you so much for the EXT. Shout out to you and all the other EXT makers that put so much time and effort into these and give them out.

This is going to be very very useful.

Side note, this is another EXT that is pretty much a must have and should be wrapped up in FGU already.

MeAndUnique
July 8th, 2021, 16:49
Version 1.0.1 has been pushed with a fix for the effect search bar.

kevininrussia
July 8th, 2021, 17:19
Is this the effects window you are talking about? I'm not seeing any change to it in 4e. Tested in Core and didn't see a change too but maybe I'm not clear on what to look for.

https://i.imgur.com/pf7bXA1.png

mattekure
July 8th, 2021, 17:22
Is this the effects window you are talking about? I'm not seeing any change to it in 4e. Tested in Core and didn't see a change too but maybe I'm not clear on what to look for.

https://i.imgur.com/pf7bXA1.png
You need more effects. It won’t show until you have over 100 or so

kevininrussia
July 8th, 2021, 17:50
Oh, I understand now. Shows up in my campaign. Very nice.
https://i.imgur.com/Af3KgH2.png

I hope one day the devs will add GROUP to this panel :-)
https://i.imgur.com/iD1FijG.png

superteddy57
July 8th, 2021, 17:55
You can always add it to the suggestion box. See the link in my signature.

MeAndUnique
July 8th, 2021, 17:56
;)

[apparently the forum requires more than 3 characters in a post, so consider the box checked]

kevininrussia
July 8th, 2021, 18:04

Did that a while ago 

https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136271

MrDDT
July 8th, 2021, 18:14

Thank you so much for pointing this out to us (I've known about this for a while and use it).

Having said that, my main issue with this list of ideas is that the list is massive and not edited to say what is done, doubled up ones, and what is still current.

So out of the 1000s of suggestions only a few can be seen. Then also some of those require say 1000 man hours for 1 idea, but 1 man hour of coding for another. This 1 hour coding idea might only have 100 up votes but the awesome 1000 man hour idea might have 1000 up votes. Thus the people will never up vote the 1 man hour idea because they wont see it in the 1000s of suggestions.
Which means this idea, which could quickly be put into FGU gets lost in the shuffle of 1000s of ideas. Might even seem not that important.

I mean I have 100 exts running. I can't even see the full name of the EXTs on the loader, I have to guess what some of them are named. This just seems like a super easy fix for some things that take almost no effort in coding and should be fixed/coded into FGU.

Thanks again for all your hard work and keep cranking along guys. Love you guys, just wanted to toss my 2 cents out there. What you guys are doing is not going unnoticed and do not think that because I'm critiquing some things means I'm unhappy that you all have done great work on your product.

MeAndUnique
July 8th, 2021, 18:46
Its all definitely a balancing act, and not an easy one at that. Take this extension as an example, barring use of a handful of DMsG products, I wonder how many users have enough in the way of custom effects to justify paging?

Plus there isn't always a linear relationship between perceived complexity of a feature and the effort required to implement it. In the case of Bartender, hiding the shortcut icon from the hotkey was pretty trivial and only took a few minutes to sort out, whereas hiding the dice would take take days to accomplish and might require specialized code for each ruleset.

SilentRuin
July 8th, 2021, 20:12
Well that was already answered. Anyway, love this thing. And if you use any of Aridhro's 5E products - and plan to play around in custom effects yourself in addition to these - then this will be very handy. You need 100's to make it a true must have.

SilentRuin
July 8th, 2021, 20:16

I asked you once about this and you said you had plans to do something about custom effects window. But this is something people can use now - till you actually deliver whatever that was you told me about way back when I asked.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2021, 21:33
Thank you so much for pointing this out to us (I've known about this for a while and use it).

Having said that, my main issue with this list of ideas is that the list is massive and not edited to say what is done, doubled up ones, and what is still current.

So out of the 1000s of suggestions only a few can be seen. Then also some of those require say 1000 man hours for 1 idea, but 1 man hour of coding for another. This 1 hour coding idea might only have 100 up votes but the awesome 1000 man hour idea might have 1000 up votes. Thus the people will never up vote the 1 man hour idea because they wont see it in the 1000s of suggestions.
Which means this idea, which could quickly be put into FGU gets lost in the shuffle of 1000s of ideas. Might even seem not that important.

I mean I have 100 exts running. I can't even see the full name of the EXTs on the loader, I have to guess what some of them are named. This just seems like a super easy fix for some things that take almost no effort in coding and should be fixed/coded into FGU.

Thanks again for all your hard work and keep cranking along guys. Love you guys, just wanted to toss my 2 cents out there. What you guys are doing is not going unnoticed and do not think that because I'm critiquing some things means I'm unhappy that you all have done great work on your product.

There's a bunch of filters which you can use to filter the ideas. Also there's no correlation between popularity and whether something will get added. As noted elsewhere a suggestion with two votes could easily find it's way into the code because it doesn't take long to implement. Most of the top voted ones are already on the devs todo list (look at who made the initial suggestion).

superteddy57
July 8th, 2021, 23:44
I asked you once about this and you said you had plans to do something about custom effects window. But this is something people can use now - till you actually deliver whatever that was you told me about way back when I asked.

We do not provide timelines or ETA's on when a feature will be added. I work on various projects throughout the week and balance bug fixes for the rulesets I monitor. As you pointed out, some individuals may like to have it now, but other projects take priority. That does not mean they are not on my list of things to get completed or prototype.

Kelrugem
July 10th, 2021, 01:10

That got already adjusted: Simply hover over the extension's name, then there will be a tooltip with the full name :)

kevininrussia
July 22nd, 2021, 00:15
I'm getting an error when changing an effect parameter then clicking on another effect.
No other extensions loaded
Example
in Custom Effect there is an effect: ATK: 1
Change it to ATK: 2
Then click on another effect line
ERROR

https://i.imgur.com/Ta8n3eK.png

MrDDT
July 22nd, 2021, 00:29
I'm getting an error when changing an effect parameter then clicking on another effect.
No other extensions loaded
Example
in Custom Effect there is an effect: ATK: 1
Change it to ATK: 2
Then click on another effect line
ERROR

https://i.imgur.com/Ta8n3eK.png

Getting it also but if I use "tab" after updating the effect no error.
It's when I click somewhere else the error pops up. It doesnt cause any problems just throws an error.

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2021, 00:51
If a clicked on control is deleted when focus changes, it will generate that error. This can potentially be fixed in the extension.

The next FGU release will also include some reordering of events to handle standard processing before triggering focus change events for text fields, which should prevent this particular error for that combination of actions.

Regards,
JPG

MeAndUnique
July 22nd, 2021, 18:20
I think I have identified which part of the extension code is resulting in the error. The extra info was super helpful in doing so Moon Wizard, so thank you very much. :)

It is a bit of a tricky situation, so might take a bit to work out a solution. I'll get one up as soon as I can, sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

knorbet77
July 28th, 2021, 08:08
Has this extension now been merged into Core RPG? It doesn't look like it's required anymore at any rate.

MrDDT
July 28th, 2021, 08:11
Has this extension now been merged into Core RPG? It doesn't look like it's required anymore at any rate.

Yep, pretty cool huh?

dbachen
July 28th, 2021, 12:58
If it's been merged, then it shouldn't still be offered as a download on Forge and people can stop selecting it for their campaign.
@MeAndUnique can you confirm it's been merged?

MeAndUnique
July 28th, 2021, 15:16
According to the patch notes this functionality has indeed been added to CoreRPG. It should not be active in the Forge any more, though I'm currently on vacation so I can't really test how that functions on the user's end when updating.

WatBot2ndBrkfst
August 27th, 2021, 22:28
Extension Version: 1.0.1
FGU Version: 4.1.5
Ruleset: Pathfinder (1E)
Extensions Loaded: Only this extension

Issue: Cannot view or interact with effects. See attached image.

MrDDT
August 27th, 2021, 22:31
Extension Version: 1.0.1
FGU Version: 4.1.5
Ruleset: Pathfinder (1E)
Extensions Loaded: Only this extension

Issue: Cannot view or interact with effects. See attached image.

Don't use this ext anymore, its part of FGU core.