PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Token PNGs

WinterSoldier7
July 7th, 2021, 19:25
Looking for a quick and easy way of making a tavern or pit fight map look crowded.

I used to drag commoner tokens in one by one to fill up the squares, but now I'm just looking for a PNG of a crowd to save FGU from slowing down or feeling like I have to drag tokens around.

Does anyone have any links to where I can find such tokens or images? I haven't had much luck myself.

Thanks

EOTB
July 7th, 2021, 19:39
Could you screenshot a map you’ve dragged tokens into during out-of-game prep, and then use the resulting image in play?

WinterSoldier7
July 7th, 2021, 20:10
Ah, you know that's not a bad idea. To be fair... I could just screenshot images of crowds as a last resort, though I would prefer a PNG so they can blend, rather than cover, the background.

Three of Swords
July 7th, 2021, 23:03
Great idea! But I can see it being very difficult to do well. But unless you keep the crowd groups small, it would be more luck than skill-based since there is no way to know where tables, pillars, etc are. So would often have ppl standing in odd spots.

WinterSoldier7
July 8th, 2021, 09:44
Yeah, I think I would just have to forget having perfection as there won't be any crowd tokens that fit every map.

Heads-up, though, I found these; https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8323300/crowd-tokens

They look good enough!