PDA

View Full Version : Weird errors with character creation

jazley21
July 2nd, 2021, 15:53
Hello, running into some odd issues and looking for help.

I created a new campaign for PFRPG2 and tried to create a character. When I click on Ancestory in the Tracker for character creation I get:
Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist_groupitem.lua"]:93: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

However, I can drag and drop an Ancestry from the Ancestries table and it allows me to progress.

Then, I get the same error when I click Background and Class - Level 1. I can drag and drop Backgrounds and Classes into the Tracker from their respective tables, and it works.

Lastly, after applying the Free Boosts, a prompt appears to Add Class Kit? and if I click the checkmark I get this error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:590: getValue: Invalid parameter 1

What's going on? It just started to do this. Thanks

superteddy57
July 2nd, 2021, 15:58
MOD: Moved to PF2 forums

Zarestia
July 2nd, 2021, 16:02
Hello, running into some odd issues and looking for help.

I created a new campaign for PFRPG2 and tried to create a character. When I click on Ancestory in the Tracker for character creation I get:
Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/ref_groupedlist_groupitem.lua"]:93: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

However, I can drag and drop an Ancestry from the Ancestries table and it allows me to progress.

Then, I get the same error when I click Background and Class - Level 1. I can drag and drop Backgrounds and Classes into the Tracker from their respective tables, and it works.

Lastly, after applying the Free Boosts, a prompt appears to Add Class Kit? and if I click the checkmark I get this error:
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:590: getValue: Invalid parameter 1

What's going on? It just started to do this. Thanks

I can't replicate this error. What version of the Pathfinder 2e ruleset is shown in the chat after you've loaded into the campaign? The latest is PF2 release 18g.

jazley21
July 2nd, 2021, 16:14
v2021-06-22 (PF2 release 18f)

how do I get 18g? When I click Check for Updates it doesn't update me to 18g.

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2021, 16:17
This was originally logged in the House of Healing - Classic forum. So so this is for FG classic. Release 18f is the last version for FG Classic.

I can recreate the issue and will look into the cause. As FG Classic no longer has updates, we'll have to see exactly how any fix will get applied, if any.

jazley21
July 2nd, 2021, 16:20
Thank you

Trenloe
July 2nd, 2021, 21:53
@jazley21 - we have a hotfix for FGC only in the update system. Please run an update and let me know if the issues are resolved.

jazley21
July 3rd, 2021, 02:04
@Trenloe

v2021-06-29 (PF2 release 18f) downloaded and it works perfectly. Thanks so much!