PDA

View Full Version : The 1,000 Year War

Dreamcoil
August 8th, 2007, 04:36
"The 1,000 Year War" is a new campaign set in the world of Mythica, a custom campaign setting. This is intended to be a long term campaign with the aim of taking characters from level 8 up through epic levels.

Ruleset: d&d 3.5. Core Books + the "Complete" series. Base core races only
Character Creation: Initial ability scores may not total more than 85 points added together.

This will likely be an action heavy campaign, although much of the pace will be left up to the players.

Play will be weekly or twice weekly. My hope is to begin play on Wed. Aug. 8 at 7:00 p.m. CST. However, if this isnt possible or I cant gather enough players then the first session will be during the following week.

NymTevlyn
August 8th, 2007, 07:50
I'll play. My other games aren't panning out so well as I would've hope they would. A couple questions:

1. Does the 85 pts include the two stat bumps at 4th and 8th?
2. Is the druid shifter variant out of the PHB2 acceptable?

andrew woodhead
August 8th, 2007, 07:58
i can play

i'll sign up on the calendar, but i might not make/will be late to tomorrow's game

Dreamcoil
August 8th, 2007, 12:27
I'll play. My other games aren't panning out so well as I would've hope they would. A couple questions:

1. Does the 85 pts include the two stat bumps at 4th and 8th?
2. Is the druid shifter variant out of the PHB2 acceptable?

1. 85 pts before the two stat bumps.
2. Honestly I am kind of up in the air on this. Part of me says no like I have in the past, but this is a powerful char campaign. So yeah, you can play it.

On a side note to anyone wanting to play: Dont come up with too detailed a background for your char yet. Before play begins a bunch of info will be released to the players which will aid greatly in that. Its a good idea to stay away from Evil or Chaotic Evil alignments, but if you are set on it we will find a way to make it work.

Johan
August 8th, 2007, 14:46
I'm totally in, I might have a friend able to play too when he's back from vacation.

I'm busy every day from 9-11 or 12 cdt, but after that, I can play whenever.

Dreamcoil
August 8th, 2007, 16:19
Starting Gold: 27,000 No single item may cost more than 16,000.

Check for server address and other announcements on the Calendar.

NymTevlyn
August 8th, 2007, 18:09
1. 85 pts before the two stat bumps.
2. Honestly I am kind of up in the air on this. Part of me says no like I have in the past, but this is a powerful char campaign. So yeah, you can play it.The shifter variant is actually somewhat limiting compared to what a druid can do if they go into the Master of Many Forms prc. I have made one alteration to the PHB2 variant that I'd like to run by you. The variant grants an ever increasing strength bonus. Would it be ok if I could split that bonus between strength and/or dexterity? For example, the first form grants +4 strength. Instead, I could add 4 str, 2 str / 2 dex, or 4 dex. Is that acceptable as well? Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. It just adds a little flexibility to the druid-shifter.

Dreamcoil
August 8th, 2007, 18:20
The shifter variant is actually somewhat limiting compared to what a druid can do if they go into the Master of Many Forms prc. I have made one alteration to the PHB2 variant that I'd like to run by you. The variant grants an ever increasing strength bonus. Would it be ok if I could split that bonus between strength and/or dexterity? For example, the first form grants +4 strength. Instead, I could add 4 str, 2 str / 2 dex, or 4 dex. Is that acceptable as well? Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. It just adds a little flexibility to the druid-shifter.

Actually the Master of Many Forms is what I was thinking of when you asked this. Hmm..how about this: You can split the bonus between Str and Dex, but the bonus then becomes set for each successive time you shapechange (You cannot take a +4 bonus to Str the first time, then take +2/+2 the second time, and +4 dex the third time etc.)

NymTevlyn
August 8th, 2007, 19:04
Ah no, not the master of many forms. The shifter variant of the druid removes wildshaping from the class along with the animal companion. In its place, the druid gains various forms at different levels that they can shift in and out of with a swift action.

At 1st level, they have the predator form, usually that of a large wolf or tiger, which grants the druid +4 str and +4 natural armor. At 4th level, the predator form gains the mobility feat.

1st - Predator form (+4 str, +4 natural armor, speed 50')
4th - Mobility in Predator
5th - Aerial Form (+2 str, +2 reflex, +2 natural armor, fly 40')
7th - Flyby Attack in Aerial
8th - Ferocious Slayer (+8 str, +4 fort, +8 natural armor, speed 40')

In addition, while in a shifted form, the druid gains an enhancement bonus equal to +1 per four levels to their natural attacks. They cannot cast spells in these forms though. Even with the natural spell feat.

Dreamcoil
August 9th, 2007, 01:39
The server is up and running right now. If we can, we are going to play tonight. If you want in, send me a pm and/or sign up on the game calendar and I will activate you.

Johan
August 9th, 2007, 14:43
Hey, any chance I can use the Telflammar Shadowlord from Unapproachable East?

NymTevlyn
August 15th, 2007, 20:32
Are we playing tonight?

NymTevlyn
August 16th, 2007, 01:07
I guess not. Yet ANOTHER damned game that never gets off the ground. We need some kind of karma/voting system for campaigns, dm's, and players.

Johan
August 16th, 2007, 01:13
I'm getting sick of signing up, showing up for 1 or 2 sessions(If I'm lucky) and then just stopping for awhile while DM goes MIA