PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Initiative for NPCs?

Hyperventilator
June 30th, 2021, 18:19
Is it possible to have the an NPCs entry hidden in the combat tracker but still be targetable and its token visible on the map?

I'd like to keep the NPC's initiative order secret for the first round of combat.

Griogre
June 30th, 2021, 18:58
I'm going to assume this is for D&D 5E or some other ruleset that is based on CoreRPG. If you have a ruleset that has under Options in the Combat (GM) section: Player: Show turn order then you can toggle this on and off by dragging a link to the option to the hot key bar with it set to on and then change to the option to off and drag the link to a different hot key bar.

This will allow you to press each hotkey to toggle the option off and on. Then at the start of a fight - click the option off link and after the first round trigger the on option link.

Hyperventilator
July 1st, 2021, 15:29
I'm going to assume this is for D&D 5E or some other ruleset that is based on CoreRPG. If you have a ruleset that has under Options in the Combat (GM) section: Player: Show turn order then you can toggle this on and off by dragging a link to the option to the hot key bar with it set to on and then change to the option to off and drag the link to a different hot key bar.

This will allow you to press each hotkey to toggle the option off and on. Then at the start of a fight - click the option off link and after the first round trigger the on option link.

Excellent advice, thank you!