PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - Bartender

MeAndUnique
June 28th, 2021, 17:57
Current Version: 1.0.1

Bartender is an extension for CoreRPG based rulesets that adds hotkey bar quality of life improvements. The current version simply removes the icon when a shortcut is added to the hotkey bar to enhance readability. Future releases are considering new features such as configuring custom icons for shortcuts, "smart" hotkeys for character actions, and creating hotkeys that do multiple things at once.

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/55/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/Bartender/).
Feedback is always welcome, hope you enjoy it!

Three of Swords
June 29th, 2021, 01:40
Nice ideas! Looking forward to seeing how this grows.

srbongo
June 29th, 2021, 14:39
I've long desired hotbar type "macros" that both do an action/roll and allow writing in the chatbox. Ex: F1 writes "/e swings a sword" and does the attack roll as well without pressing another hotkey. If this is something you're looking into - I'm very excited.

MeAndUnique
June 29th, 2021, 15:11
I've long desired hotbar type "macros" that both do an action/roll and allow writing in the chatbox. Ex: F1 writes "/e swings a sword" and does the attack roll as well without pressing another hotkey. If this is something you're looking into - I'm very excited.

Yeah, that's something I plan to look in to. Though I should clarify that I can't make any promises, the hotkey system is pretty locked down, so it may ultimately be beyond the reach of an extension.

srbongo
June 29th, 2021, 15:42
Yeah, that's something I plan to look in to. Though I should clarify that I can't make any promises, the hotkey system is pretty locked down, so it may ultimately be beyond the reach of an extension.

Understandable - I remember cracking open some ruleset or another ages ago to try and do the same, so good on you for already getting way further than I did!

bmos
June 29th, 2021, 18:43
Yeah, that's something I plan to look in to. Though I should clarify that I can't make any promises, the hotkey system is pretty locked down, so it may ultimately be beyond the reach of an extension.I have thought about this also.
I was hoping to allow dragging multiple things into hotkey slots and activating them all when clicked.

Ludd_G
June 29th, 2021, 19:03
This is a great idea (I'd even started loading the theme this already works in, just to set up the hotkeys, then replace it with a player preferred lighter one), thank you.

Now if this could somehow give me a hotkey/key-command to accept token-locked movement I'd be forever grateful, it's very unergonomic(?) to chase the tick-box on the map with the mouse, I feel.

Cheers,

Simon

jrowsey1
June 29th, 2021, 21:13
Is this not compatible with D&D 5e? I see the extension available if I start a CoreRPG campaign but it's not available to load on a 5e campaign.

MeAndUnique
June 29th, 2021, 21:32
Is this not compatible with D&D 5e? I see the extension available if I start a CoreRPG campaign but it's not available to load on a 5e campaign.

It is intended to be, just a silly oversight on my part. Version 1.0.1 has been pushed with the fix, apologies for the inconvenience.

jrowsey1
June 29th, 2021, 22:45
Perfect! Thanks for the quick update!

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2021, 01:00
The real question is whether the icons should be removed completely. After seeing this extension, I agree that it's not optimal with the text overlaying the icon; and looks better without. I like the extra information from the icon though; but I'm not sure if it would really work elsewhere in the button UI space. This isn't something that can be changed in an extension, since the hot key UI is defined by the client.

I might try some other options to see if it looks any better, but I'm guessing that I would have to shrink the icon to get it to "fit" within the button with the text and I'm guessing that the icons won't look that good when shrunk that small. So, I might just remove the drawing of icons/tokens if text defined for a hot key. I'm going to think about it a bit more...

Regards,
JPG

SirMotte
June 30th, 2021, 01:03
If you're using my dark Theme, this functionality is already included (already placed links have to be relinked). Future releases of the theme will be tuned for more elegant compatability by MeAndUnique so it doesn't matter if you use both extensions.

Atua
July 6th, 2021, 06:44
The real question is whether the icons should be removed completely. After seeing this extension, I agree that it's not optimal with the text overlaying the icon; and looks better without. I like the extra information from the icon though; but I'm not sure if it would really work elsewhere in the button UI space. This isn't something that can be changed in an extension, since the hot key UI is defined by the client.

I might try some other options to see if it looks any better, but I'm guessing that I would have to shrink the icon to get it to "fit" within the button with the text and I'm guessing that the icons won't look that good when shrunk that small. So, I might just remove the drawing of icons/tokens if text defined for a hot key. I'm going to think about it a bit more...

Regards,
JPG

You could always have the icon on the left hand side of the button, and the text on the right. While this would reduce the amount of visible characters, it would make it clearer.

Ludd_G
July 6th, 2021, 08:34
I would love it that, if the icons were retained, they were optional, as for me they offer nothing and take up the real-estate I'd rather use for explanatory naming. Just my opinion of course, and I'm very happy using this great extension if the FG default doesn't fit my vision.

Cheers,

Simon

MeAndUnique
August 11th, 2021, 18:08
For anyone who hasn't found it already and would like to use The Forge, I added a link in the first post.