PDA

View Full Version : Rulesets For the People: Gamma World 2E

ShotGun Jolly
June 26th, 2021, 17:00
Greetings!

Bayne and I are joining forces to create Free Rulesets For the People! Our first submission is Gamma World 2E. (see the provided github link below).
https://github.com/bayne7400/Gamma-World-2E (https://github.com/bayne7400/Gamma-World-2E)

Our goal is to provide rulesets for the games we all want to play. We plan on putting one out every 45 to 60 days. If you have a ruleset that you would like to see, want to play in our play test games or want to vote for or next rulesets, please consider supporting us on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/rulesetsforthepeople

Our next project is Old School Essentials and it is going to be epic!

Below is a short video for about Rulesets For the People.
https://youtu.be/B1NKTkn3lBY The TL;DR

There is also a much longer video available to that goes over the full character sheet and combat tracker in Gamma World 2E.
https://youtu.be/1fRIlNtxPp0

Thanks and we hope you enjoy! Any questions or bug reports please do not hesitate to reach out to us here or on Discord.

Best regards,

Jolly and Bayne

esmdev
June 26th, 2021, 22:57
This is great, thank you for sharing it. Hope your project does well! :)

ChrisRevocateur
June 27th, 2021, 03:14
Thank you so much for doing this! Just signed up for the $5 tier, can't wait to throw Star Wars D6 in there for suggestion.

damned
June 27th, 2021, 04:19
Well done boys.

ShotGun Jolly
June 27th, 2021, 05:11
Thank you so much for doing this! Just signed up for the $5 tier, can't wait to throw Star Wars D6 in there for suggestion.
Star Wars D6! great idea!

bayne7400
June 27th, 2021, 13:55

That sounds fun!

bayne7400
June 27th, 2021, 16:20

Here is what we are working on Next. I'm working on incorporating some of the SRD in the ruleset for drag and drop classes and leveling. We are also talking to necrotic Gnome about permission to use some of their images.

ChrisRevocateur
June 27th, 2021, 17:46
Ooh, I love the graph paper aesthetic.

ShotGun Jolly
June 28th, 2021, 06:09
Ooh, I love the graph paper aesthetic.

Thank you!!!!

Tiderian Prime
June 28th, 2021, 18:08
Really nice to see this project coming along. I was impressed by the Demo, and even happier when Bayne announced this was available for download. Good luck!

ddavison
June 30th, 2021, 19:43
Hey guys, as a heads up, the FG Forge is in active testing mode currently. This allows for both paid creations and free creations and it will contain a donation feature in the future. You can email me directly if you want to be invited to the Early Access test of this.

Our general stance on any funded/commercial avenues outside of the forums and our official channels is that we don't support them, don't allow distribution of any paid or donation based rulesets based on any of our code, or use of our logo and name without another agreement. We view this project as something that is helpful to the community, so we would very much like to see you post those things in our officially approved channels.

Morbius_of_Oz
December 17th, 2022, 21:25
Thank you for making this available!

The Gamma World 2E download looks amazing in the video!

Craig J. Brain

Morbius_of_Oz
December 17th, 2022, 22:34
Based on your experience of GW 2E, how hard do you think it would be to create a set for Metamorphosis Alpha 1st edition?

Thanks,

Craig J. Brain

bayne7400
December 18th, 2022, 01:21
I could make it pretty easy. Gamma world was not getting much play so I stopped updating it several months ago.

bayne7400
December 18th, 2022, 01:33
I didn't realize who you were. If we can publish the book on FG I'll do the ruleset. I'm sticking to rulesets (generally) in which the publisher supports getting their work on a VTT. Message me on discord if you want to discuss. Bayne#7400 or pm me here and I can send you my email.

dittotb
February 25th, 2023, 15:16
Hi Bayne I really enjoy your work. I occasionally use GW 2E.
Now when I open it up I get a scripting error
pts/manager_gamesystem.lua and it is calling the value fgudicevalues
Any idea on how to fix it?

bayne7400
February 25th, 2023, 16:16
Hey Ditto So I stopped maintaining this close to a year ago and we have had lots of Core RPG changes since then. So no promises if something big breaks but I fixed that issue and a few others I saw.

dittotb
February 25th, 2023, 20:47
Thank you so much I will check it out.

Morbius_of_Oz
February 25th, 2023, 22:15
Sorry for the tardy responses! I've been busy with a new job that has had me travelling and I have had my head stuffed up my backside regarding keeping track of things!

My apologies!

Craig J. Brain

dittotb
March 6th, 2024, 19:33
I know that Bayne is not supporting this ruleset any more. (Thanks for making it Bayne)
I am having the same error as I did a couple of year ago. Can anyone give me a suggestion on what is wrong and if there is an easy way to fix it?
script execution error: [string "Gamma World 2E:..pts/manager_gamesystem.lua]:36:attempt to call field 'userFGUDiceValues' (a nile value)
Any help would be appreciated.