PDA

View Full Version : Token light issue when 1 player controlling 2 characters

MartianXi
June 26th, 2021, 03:22
During my last game, we had a player that couldn't make it so we had another player run his character for the night.

We assigned the second character to him but whenever he had to switch characters he couldn't see the other one unless the character he was on had line of sight on the token. When the alternate characters turn came up in the combat tracker it would centre his screen on the correct token but the player couldn't see anything and then same issue when he went back to his own character.

LordEntrails
June 26th, 2021, 06:56
Sounds like it's working as intended if you are not using Party Vision. i.e. if Character A is selected/active and can not see character B, and it's character B's turn, they won't see the token for character B, since A is active and is not in LOS to B.

The player can change which character is active by selecting the character portrait on the upper left, or can see the default active CT entry view (options depending) if they unselect all tokens on the map (i.e. re-select token A so it is no longer selected).

wndrngdru
June 27th, 2021, 21:27
Vision is a toggle per token, assuming party vision is disabled. Click it to turn on that token's vision (ring appears around selected token), click again to turn off that token's vision and allow you to select the other token.