PDA

View Full Version : No more updates for Classic-side buttons

Niles
June 25th, 2021, 16:50
Since Classic will not be updated anymore, would it be possible to get the graphic side buttons back or is that a pain in the butt to do?

Trenloe
June 25th, 2021, 16:55
... or is that a pain in the butt to do?
Yes.

Griogre
June 25th, 2021, 18:28
The problem wasn't with classic - it was all the work actually maintaining and matching buttons - having to add and subtract them from CoreRPG and adding and subtracting them from the final ruleset and the ones in between.

mattekure
June 25th, 2021, 18:45
And every extension author would have to create multiple different versions of buttons for their record types to match all the different themes, or always look out of place. it was a real pain and I am glad its gone.

Niles
June 25th, 2021, 18:56
And every extension author would have to create multiple different versions of buttons for their record types to match all the different themes, or always look out of place. it was a real pain and I am glad its gone.

Sounds good. Just throwing it out there.

Talyn
June 25th, 2021, 19:13
it was a real pain and I am glad its gone.

Not to mention the vast majority of us are not graphic artists or graphic designers. I always saved doing button graphics til the very last moment because I knew they were gonna end up looking like trash anyway, which causes anxiety for people like me who tend to be on the 'perfectionist' side of things. I'm very glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2021, 17:26
As noted, this was a barrier to content creation, and generated a lot of graphic work for ruleset and theme developers. We have some stuff we are working on in that area; but something a little less heavy than the previous solution.

Regards,
JPG