PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Certain Connections

Sketchy
August 6th, 2007, 00:43
I've been using Fantasygrounds (the 1.5version I believe) for quite a few months, and though I've had a hiccup or two, nothing overly bad has happened.

However, lately, for some reason one of my GM/Players can't connect to me and vice versa. It's only a problem with him. We've both checked to make sure nothing changed in our internet connections (like getting a new router, closed ports etc). We use Hamachi since we're behind routers, but we haven't had problems until the last few games. Nothing's different, we just can't connect. Everyone else can connect to his server except me, and vice versa when I host.

We've tried connecting different ways, changing settings, restarting and reinstalling (I lost all my campaign notes when I nuked the fantasy grounds folder in frustration) but nothing works.

I really don't want to drop more money to get Fantasygrounds 2, since I've heard it fixes alot of the problems. I'm happy with this version, it's just this one connection that's faulty!

Griogre
August 6th, 2007, 01:07
FG2 is a free update though it won't probably make a differance with your troubles if it is only you two with problems - and everyone else does not have a problem.

You might have the person who is the player in the game not use Hamachi, which I believe is a virtual VPN. In most cases, it doesn't matter if the player is behind a router as long as he can connect to the Internet.