PDA

View Full Version : Diferent Dice...

Blue Haven
August 4th, 2007, 23:53
Does anyone knows how to change the type of the dice from FG? like add some textures to the dices so they look cooler...is this possible?? in FG 1.05 and in FG2?

Oberoten
August 5th, 2007, 10:25
This is a much requested feature. As of now, no answer from the Devs.

Blue Haven
August 5th, 2007, 21:19
:( thanks
Hunger Strike for new Dice!!! lolol

tholaday
August 17th, 2007, 07:45
Yes, I find the lack of customization potential in the dice frustrating. I created a Fudge die (see below) but it's just a mathematical equivalent. I can't change the values that show up on the face of the die, can I?

<customdie name="Fudge">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>customdice</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return math.ceil((result/2)-2);
end
</script>
</customdie>

joshuha
August 17th, 2007, 15:07
Its a much requested feature but personally I would rather see an update to the drawing/masking tools before skinnable dice. The dice are rendered directly in DirectX and right now it may not be easy for them to expose the textures for them and customizable entries.

I would love to see it to though but I personally don't think its a make or break thing since you can do custom dice types just the graphics of the die don't reflect it yet. Even then, how many of us out there know how to create textures in Maya and what not to skin a 3D object wireframe =).

Waldo Pepper
August 17th, 2007, 16:18
Textured dice seem like a pretty low priority need. OTOH, I would love to see stuff like Fudge dice since it would open up the possibility of using FG II with a lot more systems like Spirit of the Century.