PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony, Tails of Equestria DBR

damned
June 12th, 2021, 11:33
My Little Pony - Tails of Equestria

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/257/view

This a basic ruleset for the My Little Pony - Tails of Equestria RPG which can be found here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/14116/River-Horse-Games . Its a pretty simple system but it is a lot of fun to play with the right group.

Legal Stuff
Under US copyright law game mechanics are not protected. This DBR (damned basic ruleset) includes mechanics from the game system it is written for but does not include content and other copyright protected material. This DBR is not licensed, endorsed or sanctioned by the games copyright holders. Some parts of the code in this DBR may be copyright SmiteWorks. You should ask my permission before borrowing code from this DBR.

Incentiveware
These DBRs take a long time to learn the game system, plan the project, develop and test the code and create graphics. I do it to enable more people to play what they want to play on Fantasy Grounds. If you find this DBR useful and you want to encourage this kind of work please consider making a donation via paypal to help feed my RPG habit. This DBR is 100% free to use and no donation is required.

If you want to contribute you can do so here: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/fgdamned

Guarantees
There is no guarantee that this DBR will do everything you want or expect it to, that the DBR will be error free, that I will continue to support the DBR etc. Over time I may find I have more or less time or willingness to work on this DBR. It is what it is.

Fast Start
Here is a quick overview on how to use the ruleset: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO2M8UDOof0 You should watch the video to understand how to use the ruleset.

Things to Note
This is a FGU only ruleset. It uses some features that are only available in FGU.
I think every Character and NPC sheet function except for the is double click rather than single click.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47526

Zacchaeus
June 12th, 2021, 11:55
Great stuff damned.

esmdev
June 12th, 2021, 13:18
Wow, so colorful. :). Didn't even know such a game existed.

lotevenstar
August 12th, 2021, 21:41
Do you have anywhere showing how you accomplished the friendship counter/tracker using Ruleset Wizard? I am trying to figure out how to do that myself and linking different sections is proving hard for me (I may just need to take more time figuring it out, but that of course would require having said time to use). Well done!

lotevenstar
August 12th, 2021, 21:42
Tbh, I would love another Youtube series showing how you made this entire thing. lol

damned
August 12th, 2021, 23:41
The counter list is pretty straight forward once you put the right info in the right fields.
See this tutorial by psicodelix
https://www.rulesetwizard.com/the-counter-list-control/

I wont be making a video on this ruleset creation as I didnt do it while I was working on it (and it takes a long time!).

wndrngdru
August 13th, 2021, 04:34
Edit: Double-post

wndrngdru
August 13th, 2021, 04:39
@damned I'm kind of surprised you didn't replace the link icon with something more pony-ish, like a horseshoe or something.

damned
August 13th, 2021, 05:02
There is always more that can be done but time betrays me every day.

wndrngdru
August 13th, 2021, 05:08
Boy, ain't that the truth...

Scoilt
January 2nd, 2023, 04:38
Great ruleset for a simple and fun game. Quick replies to questions from damned as well. Currently working on adding the core elements to the ruleset as well as Tails of Fallout: Equestria bits. :D

damned
January 2nd, 2023, 11:32
Thanks Scoilt. How old are your MLP players?

Scoilt
January 2nd, 2023, 17:27
I've got an eight year old and this was her first foray into table top RPGs. Her older sister (15) and her mom sat in on the first play through as well. Hoping to implement this ruleset to streamline her experience.

damned
January 13th, 2023, 11:06
Ive added a bunch of small tweaks and improvements based on feedback from Scoilt.
Available now in Forge.

DaddieCat
February 4th, 2023, 04:42
I'm entering everything in and looking forward to running it.

Thanks!

Oberoten
February 4th, 2023, 13:00
A quick test of the ruleset gives me errors when trying to doubleclick stats or abilities.
Specificaly : DBRMLP : RulesetWizardDiceRoller.lua line 41: Attemp to call field GetActor which returns a NIL value.

damned
February 4th, 2023, 13:06
A quick test of the ruleset gives me errors when trying to doubleclick stats or abilities.
Specificaly : DBRMLP : RulesetWizardDiceRoller.lua line 41: Attemp to call field GetActor which returns a NIL value.

The getActor does not appear anywhere in the current MLP ruleset....

Scoilt
February 4th, 2023, 17:49
I've spent entirely too much time entering the different source books, adventures, even the Fallout stuff, etc. :D Almost finally done. Just cleaning them up a bit.

damned
February 4th, 2023, 22:53
I've spent entirely too much time entering the different source books, adventures, even the Fallout stuff, etc. :D Almost finally done. Just cleaning them up a bit.

Start playing!

Oberoten
February 4th, 2023, 23:35
More then passing strange...
Blank campaign, no extensions.

damned
February 4th, 2023, 23:47
What version are you on?
The current build should be 1.06

Oberoten
February 5th, 2023, 07:30
What version are you on?
The current build should be 1.06

I am starting to think I am on the wrong version of the ruleset. I downloaded the PAK in the first post of this thread and taking a peek in the code I find little reference to version but I do find the get actor line.

damned
February 5th, 2023, 08:29
Bad me. That link should have been removed long ago.
Find it on the forge in my signature.

Oberoten
February 5th, 2023, 12:58
That explains it. Going to the forge it is.

DaddieCat
February 10th, 2023, 14:00
I just finished loading up the Core book and the Adventure it contains and have created 2 separate modules from it, one for Character Creation for players and another for the adventure. Now for my spouse to get their gaming group scheduled to run it.

I haven't run into any issues of any kind that weren't issues I created by linking to items that don't exist in the module (rookie mistakes).

My only question is what is the extra dice on the table that has +, 1, -1 etc? I haven't seen it referenced in the rulebook anywhere.

Thanks, again for all the work that went into this.

damned
February 10th, 2023, 14:04
Hi DaddieCat it is just a Fate/Fudge die. It is part of the underlying CoreRPG. I may remove it and the d100 at some point but they are pretty harmless - give them an apple and they probably wont bite anyone.

DaddieCat
February 10th, 2023, 14:07
I figured it was something like that. I haven't tried to dive into MoreCore or your new Xcore yet. I think Xcore is my next deep dive for a hombrew project.

Have a great day!

damned
February 10th, 2023, 14:11
Stealing a line from Robert Schwalb when I asked him what his favorite adventure for Shadow of the Demon Lord was - "I love all my children" - Id start with XCore - It can do a whole lot with a pretty manageable interface. MoreCore has many more options but that also brings some more complexity.

Viryz
April 3rd, 2024, 14:53
The NPC sheet broke after the update. Does not display the characteristics.

Disabling extension does not solve the problem.