PDA

View Full Version : Story Template Not Working Properly

Frankison
June 6th, 2021, 20:32
I had posted a while back that story templates were not working properly in FGU. Colons were breaking the table output. This was fixed. However now it is broken in FGC. I updated both FGU and FGC before testing my module.

Original Post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68829-Story-Template-Not-Working-Properly&highlight=story+template

Also it seems that the when you output from a table to story it no longer adds a semi-colon after each column from the table. Is this a permanent feature now? Because I don't want to go back and add semi-colons to all of my tables if it its not an intended feature. Double semi-colons would look pretty awful, and I need semi-colons for my stat blocks.

superteddy57
June 6th, 2021, 21:05
That is correct, the new functionality does not add the semi-colon in between table outputs.

EDIT: You might want to check out the documentation on the additions
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640973/Using+Story+Templates+to+Create+Random+Stories

Frankison
June 6th, 2021, 23:25
I've read through it a couple times.
My tables are pretty basic just simple table call outs. Colons were messing up FGU story templates now FGC is having the issue. I'm guessing the updates for FGC are a bit behind FGU. Since last time I reported this for FGU FGC was fine, now its flipped. I just wanted to make sure there were eyes on it.

superteddy57
June 6th, 2021, 23:33
I tested it in FGC and it is rolling on tables with colons. So I'm not seeing the same issues you are running into. I might need to see the table as well for more information.

Frankison
June 7th, 2021, 00:49
Tried Putting just a super basic table.

Frankison
June 7th, 2021, 00:53
Same table set up without Colons

superteddy57
June 7th, 2021, 04:12
Thank you for the report. We found the issue and it was on our end. We will push an update when we are ready.