PDA

View Full Version : Resizable chat window?

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2007, 03:11
Has anyone figured out how to make the chat window resizable?

On my machine and my players' machines, we run at higher resolutions and the chat box is too small for rolling dice into.

I tried adding the sizelimit tag with the dynamic subtag into the chat window object and the chat class object with no luck.

Thanks,
JPG

Toadwart
August 1st, 2007, 20:17
I think because it's a "panel" it's 'fixed' to the desktop and cant be moved/resized. You could try changing it to a windowclass.
However, that could have some complications:
the window wold be able to be moved, resized and even minimized if you allow it. It could also be closed - which might be a very bad thing indeed . . .
It also wouldn't be open by default, you'd have to script something to open the window when FG starts, or maybe just a button in a desktop panel that will open the chat window.
If closing it did cause FG major headaches you'd have to look into the possibility of a script to prevent it from being closed...

If that idea doesn't pan out you might be able to script something.
e.g.
Dont give the windowclass a frame (or use a fully transpatrent frame). Add a generic control to house the chatwindow (smaller than the full panel size) and position the rest of the controls within that generic control.
Script something to resize the generic control.
Maybe some buttons for 'increase width'/'decrease width', 'increase height'/'decrease height' and resize the genericcontrol.
Would still be limited to the max size of the desktop panel but should give you a bit more room to play with.