PDA

View Full Version : Pit (LOS)

augustgames
June 5th, 2021, 16:38
I have been trying to figure out how to use the new PIT and SHADOW CASTER feature s. I can't seem to find instructions anywhere. Anyone have a link?

Thanks! I really want to scare my party with this :)

Griogre
June 5th, 2021, 20:34
For pits look here look at Video 13 in "How do I ???? in Unity" - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity

I know Zacchaeus did one on the shadow oculars too but I don't remember which one it was. Going through all LOS videos on that thread is a great start.

Edit: And welcome to the forums :)

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2021, 20:55
I'm not sure that I did cover the shadow occluders in any of the videos that I did. However they're pretty straightforward. They have no impact on line of sight either in blocking movement or sight. their only function is to cast a shadow where there is no occluder that would otherwise do so. For example a standard sized table wouldn't normally have an occluder of any kind on it so it wouldn't cast a shadow. But you could add a shadow occluder to do that.

Griogre
June 5th, 2021, 23:11
I remember a video with a temple statue/altar? Where you were playing with the shadow occulars? Maybe that was one of Doug's?

Zacchaeus
June 5th, 2021, 23:15
I remember a video with a temple statue/altar? Where you were playing with the shadow occulars? Maybe that was one of Doug's?
You are correct. Now you’ve said that I remember it too :D

augustgames
June 5th, 2021, 23:50
THANK YOU!! Going to dig in!

augustgames
June 6th, 2021, 14:29
I'm not sure that I did cover the shadow occluders in any of the videos that I did. However they're pretty straightforward. They have no impact on line of sight either in blocking movement or sight. their only function is to cast a shadow where there is no occluder that would otherwise do so. For example a standard sized table wouldn't normally have an occluder of any kind on it so it wouldn't cast a shadow. But you could add a shadow occluder to do that.

Thanks for your great videos. I was self taught on FG and I learned some great new tips.