PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Store: Bundle Discounts

DevinRI
July 31st, 2007, 20:28
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place, but it seems like it.
I am attempting to purchase 10+ Full Licenses, for my friends and myself. I have noticed that in calculating the price for licenses that after you go above 10, the "Discount Bundle" (the calculated amount of savings) no longer accumulates. Essentially, you are not saving any money as you increase past 10 licenses. The maximum discount being 118.83. I am curious to find if this was intentional or an oversight? I would like to purchase many of them at the same time, and still get the savings, but it seems I'm going to be forced to buy them in bundles of 4 or 5.

Griogre
July 31st, 2007, 20:38
It would appear to be intentional. One of the developers discusses the details of the discounts in a post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34384&postcount=2

DevinRI
July 31st, 2007, 21:00
I read that over, and they don't seem to discuss larger bundles. The total discount of the entire purchase begins to go back down after 10 Full Licenses.

Picture a mathematical curve the X-axis being the number of products purchased, and the Y-axis being the total percentage discounted. Instead of reaching a peak and remaining flat (say at 40% discount), it instead reaches a peak and then goes back down. Assuming the Bundle-Discount-Dollar-Amount is constant throughout the addition of other licenses ($118.83), then the total discounted percentage would eventually go back down to a point where there would be no savings (approximately, for you math nerds it would approach 0% without ever hitting it).

I just put in 24 Licenses and the total cost of each one was $29 + (some change). Thus, it nears the original cost of a License by itself. I expect that this is not a typical order, but 'Why is it more detrimental to me to buy a single bundle of 24 than 6 bundles of 4 (which comes out to be about $26 per)'.

Griogre
August 1st, 2007, 03:58
Suggest you e-mail [email protected] and ask them what is the deal.

DevinRI
August 1st, 2007, 13:51
Thanks! I guess I assumed these message boards was just as good as that, but I appreciate the direction.

Ged
August 2nd, 2007, 19:42
Hi and thanks for the good question,

We introduced the bundle discounts in order to be able to make Fantasy Grounds an attractive solution for whole groups to take their games online. We figured that most groups have somewhere between 3 to 7 players but did not want to penalize larger groups and put the limit for discount to 10 licenses - after ten to accrue discount one would have to buy another bundle. The reason for this is the simple fact that we wish to help game groups get the software but encouraging large license-acquisition coalitions and, more importantly, wholesale license purchasing is not what the bundle discount is for. Understandably, on occasion, there are larger groups that in principle we would like to offer the bundle discount even though the numbers are exceeded but that is beyond the store to handle. Hopefully this made some sense why the store functions as it does.