PDA

View Full Version : Scrollercontrol

tdwyer11b
July 31st, 2007, 10:17
Anyone know if your able to use a scrollercontrol with something other than a windowlist? I've got a stringfield that I'd like to have a scroller on and I'm pretty sure this was supported in FG1, but my memory could be lacking.

Here's what I'm trying to get it working on:

<genericcontrol name="stylesframe">
<bounds>15,495,245,95</bounds>
<frame>
<name>sheetgroup</name>
</frame>
</genericcontrol>
<stringcontrol>
<anchored>
<to>stylesframe</to>
<position>insidetop</position>
<offset>-15,9</offset>
</anchored>
<font>sheetlabel</font>
<static>STYLES</static>
</stringcontrol>
<stringfield name="styles">
<anchored>
<to>stylesframe</to>
<position>over</position>
<offset>-14,-10</offset>
<top>
<offset>22</offset>
</top>
</anchored>
<multilinespacing>20</multilinespacing>
<font>sheettext</font>
<frame>
<name>textline</name>
<offset>2,0,2,0</offset>
</frame>
</stringfield>

Toadwart
July 31st, 2007, 21:40
Can't say sorry. Used them on windowlists and formattedtext fields but haven't tried with a multi-line string field...

<Toadwarts next unhelpful post is scheduled for: Aug 3 2007 ;) >

joshuha
August 1st, 2007, 02:58
I have tried with multi-line stringcontrols with no luck before.

tdwyer11b
August 1st, 2007, 07:16
That sux. Any ideas for a workaround?

Toadwart
August 1st, 2007, 19:59
Ideally, the devs will pick up on this and add it to their feature request list. But for now...

I think the mouse scroller(if the user has one) works for multi-line text fields doesn't it?

Have you poked around in the scripting reference?
Might be able to do something similar with buttons and the onNavigateUp / onNavigateDown functions or possibly setCursouPosition (textbasecontrol)

Alternatively - something like the inventory page:
A windowlist with entries that are just a single stringfield spanning the width of the list.
Bit clunky, as the text wouldn't automatically span multiple lines and the user would have to add entries to the list but you could use scripts to automate it a little (e.g. onInit populate the list with enough entries to fill the page + 5 or 10 more blank lines. And always keep 5 or 10 blank lines at the bottom of the list so the user never has to add any themselves...)

tdwyer11b
August 2nd, 2007, 05:48
I think the mouse scroller(if the user has one) works for multi-line text fields doesn't it?

If it does, I can't get it to work.

Toadwart
August 2nd, 2007, 07:18
Err...hang on a sec. Is what you are trying to achieve similar to "Languages" on the base d20 character sheet?

Toadwart
August 2nd, 2007, 07:22
If it does, I can't get it to work.
Yeah, sorry, my bad. Mouse scroller does't work on multiline textfields (in FG1 or FG2)

Dachannien
August 2nd, 2007, 07:42
Would it be possible to put one multiline stringfield as a subwindow of a windowlist, and then attach the scroller to the windowlist?

joshuha
August 2nd, 2007, 14:33
Would it be possible to put one multiline stringfield as a subwindow of a windowlist, and then attach the scroller to the windowlist?

That's not a bad idea and I think it will work. I will test later tonight when I get a chance.