PDA

View Full Version : Story entries in FGU disappearing

ogdowar
June 4th, 2021, 01:32
Hello,

Not sure if I am in the correct space for this but I would like to report that I have noticed that multiple story entries have disappeared from my campaign since the last couple of updates. I am doubting there is anyway to recover them since they could have been gone for weeks without me noticing. Just wanted to bring it to attention.

Thanks

damned
June 4th, 2021, 01:43
welcome ogdowar

Ive not seen any other reports of anything similar. Can you provide more information?
Can you share a screenshot of the campaign folder showing dates and sizes?

Zarestia
June 4th, 2021, 01:51
Hello,

Not sure if I am in the correct space for this but I would like to report that I have noticed that multiple story entries have disappeared from my campaign since the last couple of updates. I am doubting there is anyway to recover them since they could have been gone for weeks without me noticing. Just wanted to bring it to attention.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

All Fantasy Grounds data resides on your computer. No one besides you can do anyhting with that. If you want a chance to recover those entries we need some more information:
- Did you create those story entries in that campaign or do they come from a module?
- Do you have any syncing or backup program running? If yes, is the Fantasy Grounds campaign directory included?
- Can you share a screenshot of your campaigns' folder (default: %appdata%\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\yourcampaignname)?

EDIT: I'm too slow :)

ogdowar
June 5th, 2021, 00:19
Welcome to the forum.

All Fantasy Grounds data resides on your computer. No one besides you can do anyhting with that. If you want a chance to recover those entries we need some more information:
- Did you create those story entries in that campaign or do they come from a module?
- Do you have any syncing or backup program running? If yes, is the Fantasy Grounds campaign directory included?
- Can you share a screenshot of your campaigns' folder (default: %appdata%\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\yourcampaignname)?

EDIT: I'm too slow :)

I created them - no module. I have windows 10 default backups and created a campaign back-up on the 17th of May as prompted before updating the live client of FGU. I cannot find a campaign folder in either the App Directory or Data Directory which makes me wonder if I cut and pasted my campaign when I was trying to copy paste. Still the majority of my story entries are present without me being able to locate a campaign folder in those directories.

Back-up Campaign Folder:

Thank you for the assistance.

Zarestia
June 5th, 2021, 00:32
Sadly, your attachment is invalid.
When you open the Fantasy Grounds launcher, press the folder icon in the upper left hand corner. That should get you to your Fantasy Grounds folder structure, wherever you installed it.

ogdowar
June 5th, 2021, 00:57
Fixed problem, thanks.

ogdowar
June 5th, 2021, 01:14
I figured out what I did. No problem on FGU's part. Thanks all.

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2021, 02:37
Thanks for letting us know.

JPG