PDA

View Full Version : LFP - New Players Welcome - Numenera

Rayzorwire
June 4th, 2021, 01:22
It's the present day U.S. and you and your friends are a group of paranormal investigators. You run a somewhat successful channel which you post videos of your investigations and it's enough to pay the bills. You've just gotten a donation from a fan requesting that you investigate a haunted castle in Scotland. They have offered to pay your travel expenses as well. Sounds like something that might be the boost your channel needs. What's the worst that could happen right?

Are you intrigued by the idea of playing in a setting you know nothing about? I am wanting to run a campaign in the Numenera setting. I have not done this before nor have I used the Numenera system before. I have however had many years of experience as a DM in DnD going back to 2e. I have written a starter campaign for Numenera with the intent of introducing the players to Numenera as well as being able to give myself experience running the system. This starting campaign is designed to incorporate character creation as part of the story like an expanded session 0. I have tweaked character creation a little to fit this but by the end everyone should have a fleshed out character ready to go when the rest of the campaign begins. Following the starter campaign I plan to lead that into the Devil's Spine campaign. Given the origin of the characters I think this would be a great experience for anyone that knows nothing about Numenera and just want to try something new and have a love of all things weird.

I'm looking for 4 to 6 players that wish to play on Sundays. My time on Sundays is flexible. I'm located on the west coast in the U.S. so start times can be as early as 10am pacific. I would like sessions to last around 4hrs at a time but have no problem with longer or even shorter sessions if needed so long as we are done by around midnight. If enough people are interested I wouldn't mind running 2 groups as well, one in the morning and one in the evening.

If you are interested let me know what time you are available on sundays, if you have experience with Numenera, what other experience you might have, and what kind of gaming do you prefer (combat or rp driven or mix of both).

Redhead58
June 6th, 2021, 13:31
Sent you a PM.