PDA

View Full Version : Script Error in Launcher

Talyn
June 3rd, 2021, 21:58
Did a search for this error and nothing came up. Noticed it last week, and still doing it today after an update.

Script Error: [string "extensionlist"]:1: bad argument #1 to 'getRulesetVersion' (string expected, got nil)

Happens as soon as I press the Load Campaign button and before I can even select a campaign to load. Just to test, I did try loading into various rulesets, with and without extensions, then exiting FG so it had different "starting points" and I still get this error every time regardless. I do not have an unpacked CoreRPG ruleset (or any other ruleset) in my /rulesets/ folder.

Not sure if it's related, but I also notice the majority of my campaigns (most of them are DEV campaigns for the products I work on) no longer show up in the launcher, but the folders are still there.

LordEntrails
June 3rd, 2021, 22:06
Hmm, You didn't change channels did you? (Live/Test/Dev) Do the campaign folders have content inside them? What about if you delete CoreRPG ruleset and re-update?

Talyn
June 3rd, 2021, 22:26
My FGC has always been in the TEST channel for the past several years, no change there. :) All the campaign folders have all the content, they just don't show up -- including one I made last week and another I made today.

Just tried deleting CoreRPG and re-updating, and still getting that error.

Griogre
June 3rd, 2021, 23:51
You might want to double check you didn't go into Dev for the lighting.

Talyn
June 4th, 2021, 00:40
You might want to double check you didn't go into Dev for the lighting.

This is the Classic (FGC) section, so no lighting to fool with :)

I also just checked read-write permissions in the /campaigns/ folder but that's also fine. The folder for the campaign I created last week is there, as is the one I created today, but neither of them (along with the majority of the rest) show up in the list to load back into.

Griogre
June 4th, 2021, 02:22
True, true on the FGC. I was flipping through the forums too fast. It really feels like there is some disconnect between the launcher and data folder. I take it you have pressed the "Settings" button in the launcher and verified the data directory is pointing at is the correct data directory.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2021, 03:17
What version is being reported in the FGC launch screen?
Can you try deleting the launcher.pak in the FG app folder; run a new Check for Updates; and see if it still happens?

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
June 6th, 2021, 03:39
SOLVED!

I had a campaign for a community ruleset, which I had deleted. Apparently the launcher freaked out because it saw the campaign but no corresponding ruleset so it just stopped reading the rest? Or something? Anyway, I found and deleted the offending campaign and everything is back to normal.