PDA

View Full Version : Coding for Piercer Feat?

gEiStToG
June 3rd, 2021, 13:59
Good Morning!

As title says, is there anything for coding the PC's Piercer feat?

Once per turn when you hit a creature with piercing damage, you may re roll one of the damage dice and must use that new roll.

I checked the wiki but didn't see any effects for this. The player doesn't want to use it if it will involve a lot of manual process of re roll one dice and then I subtract the result or add to if it was lower/higher.

Thanks!

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2021, 14:11
You've posted in a generic forum without specifying which RPG system you're referring to. Please indicate what ruleset or post in the ruleset specific sub-forum. This saves time for everyone.

gEiStToG
June 3rd, 2021, 14:18
Ah I guess I figured stating the feat name and what the feat does was good enough when asking for coding effects that may exist for it. My b. It's Dungeons and Dragons.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2021, 14:23
Ah I guess I figured stating the feat name and what the feat does was good enough when asking for coding effects that may exist for it. My b. It's Dungeons and Dragons.
That assumption is correct only for people who are very familiar with what you're referring to. Others, who want to help, could waste time thinking you're talking about a different system.

There are 4 different Dungeons and Dragons rulesets on Fantasy Grounds. What version are you referring to?

gEiStToG
June 3rd, 2021, 14:25
I guess just delete the post and I'll go find the D&D forums since it's becoming this difficult.

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2021, 14:32
I guess just delete the post and I'll go find the D&D forums since it's becoming this difficult.
It doesn't have to be difficult. People want to help - but we need to know details. See if from the point of view of people wanting to help you - there are multiple D&D systems played on Fantasy Grounds - and they do things like this differently. I've seen many instances on these forums where people have wasted time making assumptions. All I'm asking is that you help everyone to not waste time (including your own time) by either mentioning which ruleset you're using (D&D 5e in this case) if posting in generic forums. It's really that simple - help us to help you.

Thanks for making a post in the 5e forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68941-Piercer-Feat-Coding