PDA

View Full Version : Rich Presence for Discord?

AgentNoire
June 2nd, 2021, 14:53
Hi all!

This is my first post to these forums, but Howdy! I was wondering if its possible to feed rich presence from Fantasy Grounds Unity to Discord. I often have several spectators in my games, with usually one or two of them being active and aware of whats going on, and I'd love to be able to heighten the experience for them. It would be really cool to be able to feed something like:

Fantasy Grounds
Currently playing: Rhea
Half-Elf Cleric 8
HP: 45/60

Feed that alongside the icon of the character, and that would give a good amount of info to feed the spectators, as it would answer every question that is usually asked.
"Who is who?"
"how much HP do they have?"
"What is characters level?"
"what are they?"
"What do they look like?"

Anyways; I've been having a blast with the recent updates to lighting, and It's been amazing trying new things with illusory walls, vision ranges, and the plethora of additions. I usually play 3.5e with my group, and Fantasy Grounds makes it super easy to track buffs and duration in this mid level group.

Thank you!

[EDIT: Moved]

LordEntrails
June 2nd, 2021, 16:00
I've never seen any tool released/published on the forums here. But several years ago their was someone working on an overlay to do that. They demo'd it in their game and it seemed to be working. I believe it would watch the GMs campaign files for changes and update from that, not actually linking into FG itself so it was limited. But it is also possible they used an extension to write our the information to a file which was watched.

I think it would be cool, and hope someone replies with actually useful info and that they are doing it and share the method :)

Nylanfs
June 2nd, 2021, 17:11
With the Unity code it might be possible now with some of the new API's that are available.

BaneTBC
June 3rd, 2021, 14:40
You might want to look into the Prostream 5e extension by Christopher Busse, he's being able to pull out information from the db.xml as things go through and put the information into text files. This allows OBS to display the text files in an overlay for streaming. You might be able to make use of that functionality for what you'd like to do.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/330919/Fantasy-Grounds-ProStream-5E