PDA

View Full Version : Question about PC Automation

Farnaby
June 1st, 2021, 21:10
So I'm adding a new Kitsune Feat which gives the player a choice of a free cantrip basically.

The description is
You’ve picked up a few magical tricks. During your daily preparations, choose daze, forbidding ward, or ghost sound. Until your next daily preparations, you can cast this cantrip as a divine innate spell at will. A cantrip is heightened to a spell level equal to half your level rounded up.

I tried creating a spell class first [SPELLCLASS ADD spontaneous|Kitsune|divine|wisdom] but kept getting the error console message Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_automoation_pfrpg2.lua"]:958 attempt to index local 'sCastingType' (a nil value)

So I manually added the spell class and applied, as per the doc, following automation to the feat: [SPELL ADD Daze|Kitsune][SPELL ADD Forbidding Ward|Kitsune][SPELL ADD Ghost Sound|Kitsune]
All I get is the Tracker message !!!Feat xyz added to pc unable to apply automation

What am I doing wrong?

Trenloe
June 1st, 2021, 21:20
Use lower case "add".

Farnaby
June 2nd, 2021, 01:03
Okay, that worked.

But annoyingly, this works as well: [WEAPON ADD Jaws|Unarmed Attack|Brawling|1d6|piercing|finesse, unarmed|0|0]
which is why I thought I needed capitals.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2021, 07:37
If you follow what is documented, rather than what works/doesn't work for other types of automation, you should be OK.

Farnaby
June 3rd, 2021, 13:30
That was a very elegant way of saying RTFM. ;)

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2021, 13:34
That was a very elegant way of saying RTFM. ;)
Haha - thanks! I spent ages writing, and updating, that document - so I'd like a few people to actually use it! :D