PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Bleed with a Different DC

Stargrove
June 1st, 2021, 01:36
I understand how to do a persistent bleed effect entry, PERS: 1d6 Bleed. But this seems to default to a flat DC 15 save. What if I wanted it to be a DC 21 instead or have it be against a specific stat like Fortitude? Is there a way to do these things using an Effects entry?

AlaskanFalcon
June 1st, 2021, 02:34
You can adjust the DC of the check by adding [DC:XX] to the end of the effect string - but this will not override the fact that it is a flat check
e.g., Bleed; PERS: 1d6 bleed[DC:12][D:4] will add an effect to the target that has a DC 12 flat check to overcome and a 4 turn duration.

I'm not sure that you can override the default behavior of the PERS effect to not use a flat check and use a specific save (i.e. Fortitude) without an extension of some variety.
The effects and automation wiki can be found here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bT6ELxjkUl-6f8KJ6QdFGLjg89Wvyy6AvLbAfH6wJGo/edit#) for reference.

ShadeRaven
June 1st, 2021, 20:42
What you could do would require a little more effort on your end, at least the by-hand (click) of a save at the end of each round. Instead of using PERS you could go with DMGO. So it might look like this:

Effect: Custom Bleed; DMGO: 1d6 bleed[DC:21]

You'd have to, and the end of the afflicted's turn, remember to roll that Fortitude Save to see if they shook off the effects. However, by taking it out of PERS, you don't have to worry about the flat check causing it to disappear. It just requires you to be a little more interactive in dealing with your customized persistent damage usage.